• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What's the point of Imago loop now that you can even get a regular fatebringer to drop.

Day off hype. I can run some trains throughout the day.

What's the point of Imago loop now that you can even get a regular fatebringer to drop.

A perfect imago is better than fatebringer because it will have rifled and handcannons live and die on range because bungie.

zewone

Imago Loop has more range, which is only important in PvP.

For PVE, I want an Imago Loop because I can't get a legendary Fatebringer to drop for me.

I'm so confused. I've used 14 Three of Coins but no exotic engrams. Weird.

It happens, I think over the life of Destiny the most I went without an Exotic drop using 3oC was 21 which only happened once.

I also had double Exotic drops from a single 3oC 4-5 times and back-to-back Exotic drops just a couple times.

Other than that though it was like clockwork with an Exotic drop per every 5-6 3oC.

This over 2000 hours in-game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The extra range won't mean anything in PVE. It still does it's job.

Finally got a braced, counter, high calibur clever to drop for it. Looks like I finally found my grasp replacement.

nillapuddin

The 25 one is from The Taken King and the 40 one comes with Rise of iron.

I've heard people mention that they sometimes don't turn up immediately.

Yeah I bought both packs but somehow only got the 25 boost, it's been 2 weeks since I bought it so I don't think it's gunna magically show up..

: /

Yeah I bought both packs but somehow only got the 25 boost, it's been 2 weeks since I bought it so I don't think it's gunna magically show up..

: /

I bought The Collection on PS4 back in October to check it out in Cinema Mode on PSVR, however, there wasn't a Spark of Light in my inventory or anywhere else. I played up to Level 9 or there abouts and the Level 40 Spark of Light randomly showed up at the Postmaster. Apparently, when using the Level 40 Spark of Light you're also supposed to get gear that will take you to 280 LL but I didn't get that either...just an artifact.

So, it will probably show up at some point.

nillapuddin

I bought The Collection on PS4 back in October to check it out in Cinema Mode on PSVR, however, there wasn't a Spark of Light in my inventory or anywhere else. I played up to Level 9 or there abouts and the Level 40 Spark of Light randomly showed up at the Postmaster. Apparently, when using the Level 40 Spark of Light you're also supposed to get gear that will take you to 280 LL but I didn't get that either...just an artifact.

So, it will probably show up at some point.

Okay... That's freakin weird.

Well I used the lvl 25 one in hopes maybe the 40 would appear after, it did not.

So idk, I guess maybe I'll try and roam around on that character to see what happens :/

Thanks man

Toddler

I thought the raids were only 390 while in the weekly rotation... can you earn the adept weapons and challenge emblems when they're out of rotation too?

I thought the raids were only 390 while in the weekly rotation... can you earn the adept weapons and challenge emblems when they're out of rotation too?

Only from Challenge modes which are only activated when it's the Weekly. The raid can still be run for the Non-Adept/Non-Challenge loot at 390 any week after the first time it's a weekly.

So basically starting next week, All raids will be available for play at 390 but the Adept stuff and the Challenge stuff can only be earned from a Raid when it's the current Weekly.

Got my first level 400 item. Unfortunately its an auto rifle but still.

Also got an Ice breaker.

Is that still a good sniper? Have to infuse it I guess as it popped at some shit level.

Nicodemic

Got my first level 400 item. Unfortunately its an auto rifle but still.

Also got an Ice breaker.

Is that still a good sniper? Have to infuse it I guess as it popped at some shit level.

Check if it's year 1 or year 3. If it's year 1, you won't be able to infuse it anyway.

If year 3, ding ding ding! You won the lottery! Best sniper in PvP.

Can't turn on the ps4 now. Is there no year 2 version?

I got it in an engram off Zur.
The engrams xur sells are legacy meaning year 1 and they can't be infused

And There a no year 2 version. The only way to get a year 3 us from the sunrise bounty after completing a nightfall in 30 minutes.

And the drop rate is ass

The engrams xur sells are legacy meaning year 1 and they can't be infused

And There a no year 2 version. The only way to get a year 3 us from the sunrise bounty after completing a nightfall in 30 minutes.

And the drop rate is ass

Thanks dude.

What the fuck is the point of year 1 exotics then? Gotta catch em all mentality?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Man, I'm hoping for a noticeable bump in graphics for Destiny 2. I don't care about 60fps if the difference between the two games is very noticeable.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Thanks dude.

What the fuck is the point of year 1 exotics then? Gotta catch em all mentality?

Pretty much. Personally, I think if you own a Year 2 or 3 version, the Year 1 version should show up in the kiosk as owned. Kind of silly otherwise.

Also, you can use the Y1 stuff in the Crucible just fine as light level doesn't matter. Stranger's Rifle is one of my go to weapons.

Hey - not sure how many Xbone players post here but is anyone willing to sherpa me through King's Fall? Or, alternatively, carry me through Oryx just to I can get the achievement for Heroic? I did it back when it was new but can only remember Golgoroth and some of the beginning. I never really liked the raid tbh.

WeTeHa

Man i have so much gear that I never use (because I'm too lazy to switch). All those different combinations for more ammo, faster reload, different subclasses and elemental weapons.. Fuck that.

Hey bungie, go back to more general perks for this kind of stuff in destiny 2 please.

Man, I'm hoping for a noticeable bump in graphics for Destiny 2. I don't care about 60fps if the difference between the two games is very noticeable.

I think the visuals are perfectly fine as they are but I'd like to see larger, more dense, and varied play-spaces. More than anything I want those play-spaces filled with seamless content and a lot less going to orbit to activate this or that activity. By this I don't mean public activities like Archon's Forge or Court of Oryx but rather eliminate the need to go from a social space like the Tower or out on Patrol to Orbit just to initiate Crucible or any other event.

That said, at minimum there will be a natural bump in increased fidelity/visuals simply due to leaving the Xbox 360/PS3 behind.

Man i have so much gear that I never use (because I'm too lazy to switch). All those different combinations for more ammo, faster reload, different subclasses and elemental weapons.. Fuck that.

Hey bungie, go back to more general perks for this kind of stuff in destiny 2 please.

Bungie really messed up on gear perks. I wear the gear I think looks good. I never take perks into account at all. Int/dsc/str is sometimes taken into account, but ultimately, it's sort of a non factor as well. I wish systems were in place that rewarded the player for thinking about an optimal gear load out. Min maxing is pretty pointless in D1.

Anyone got tips on improving with Hand Cannons in Crucible? Got Imprecation and Last Word quests to do :(

Hmm. Just practice I guess. I only ever use hand canons in crucible. Well the few times I've played PvP

The Last Word is a great one as far as I recall. Fast firing anyway.

I noticed I have that quest in my quest list. Is it worth completing do you know?

WeTeHa

Bungie really messed up on gear perks. I wear the gear I think looks good. I never take perks into account at all. Int/dsc/str is sometimes taken into account, but ultimately, it's sort of a non factor as well. I wish systems were in place that rewarded the player for thinking about an optimal gear load out. Min maxing is pretty pointless in D1.

I normally like min-maxing (and I do currently have a tier 12 build for every character I think), but I'm not switching my gloves, boots and chest every time I switch my primary or special.

Just bring back stuff like more special ammo/more primary ammo/more heavy ammo, faster reload for special/primary/heavy for legendary stuff and then more interesting & stronger perks for exotics.

Novocaine

So I've really been enjoying the game this time around, really happy I decided to give it another crack and I'm pretty sure I'll be in day one for the sequel. I'm sitting at 367 light right now.

I have a quick couple of followup questions though;

I have 2 exotic heavy weapons. One is a machine gun and one is a sword. Is it really dumb of me to dismantle the gun to beef my sword up so it keeps up with my light level? (It knocks me back about 10 light ATM)

Is there any gear that's considered BiS here or should I just use whatever I like and feed higher quality items into those pieces? I have 3 of the Mangonel type 2 pieces from them Vanguard vendor.

What is my best course of action to get ready for raids at this point?

So I've really been enjoying the game this time around, really happy I decided to give it another crack and I'm pretty sure I'll be in day one for the sequel. I'm sitting at 367 light right now.

I have a quick couple of followup questions though;

I have 2 exotic heavy weapons. One is a machine gun and one is a sword. Is it really dumb of me to dismantle the gun to beef my sword up so it keeps up with my light level? (It knocks me back about 10 light ATM)

Is there any gear that's considered BiS here or should I just use whatever I like and feed higher quality items into those pieces? I have 3 of the Mangonel type 2 pieces from them Vanguard vendor.

What is my best course of action to get ready for raids at this point?

When you say dismantle 1 for the other do you mean for an exotic shard? Becuase you can just buy those from xur. If you mean for light level. Just wait till you get a blue to feed I to it. If your running strikes it's not too hard. But I would also say to wait on infusion until your at a desired light level. You just throwing marks and gear away for small incremental gains. Just equip the blues till your at where you want to be. Blues cap out at 390.

Best course of action to gain light is to run strikes. If you pick a strike from the director as opposed to the playlist you can select a heroic version of it. These versions can drop all the way up to 390 but are only 320 difficulty making the grind quicker and less stressful. Choose sepiks perfected as it's the quickest. Remember to just equip the blues you get.

Earning legendary marks for vendor gear.

Weekly crucible playlist. Iron banner this week will reward 10 marks for the first 3 game completions. Same as heroic strikes from the playlist. Also the iron banner bounties will reward 25 marks each and there are 4 of them.

Always remember to equip your highest light gear when decrypting engrams. You decryption and rewards all depend on what your current light level is.

Top Bottom