• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Has anyone ever gotten two exotic engrams in a row with 3oC in strikes?
Yes. And crucible. But that is a fluke
Altough on Valus if you get the taken major instead of the tank, you have 2 chances with 3oC. Same as the bond brothers.
You can have 3 chances on Regicide story mission also. First major on the portal (extremely rare), the taken oger and centurion on the bridge and orix shadow

WizzNARD

Oryx fight is still super buggy eh? We detonated all 16 bombs at once and it only took half his health off. Wipe screen showed 4 people detonated 4 bombs.

Makes us not even want to play it.
Did it the other day, set off all 16, he went down, ran up for last stand, everyone dies, just a straight up wipe. We were all very confused. Same deal, wipe screen showed all bombshell off.

That was a new one to me. Had never even heard of that one before.

zewone

I keep getting bird error code which according to Bungie forums only happens when getting multi kills. You can tell how much fun that is.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yes. And crucible. But that is a fluke
Altough on Valus if you get the taken major instead of the tank, you have 2 chances with 3oC. Same as the bond brothers.
You can have 3 chances on Regicide story mission also. First major on the portal (extremely rare), the taken oger and centurion on the bridge and orix shadow

Not in a strike, but in CoE.

Curios. I only recall getting back to back exotic engrams once. Two strikes in a row not like shield brothers or flayers.

4. Is there somekind of guide for someone like me coming back into the game and now wanting to be at the High End tier playing field again? I have no idea where to get new Exotics or stuff right now.

Most are random drops (from Three of Coins, nightfalls, Shaxx weeklies, raid chests), but a few useful ones are found from quests/missions:

Black Spindle (hard secret ending to a story mission)
Sleeper Simulant (quest chain kicked off from RNG drops, quest chain features some RNG tedium)
exotic swords x3 (quest chain from finishing TTK storyline; quest chain features RNG tedium)
Gjallahorn (from ROI quest line)

maybe I'll try myself on Nightfalls this week sooo maybe I'll hit you up

Happy to help too.

Acidote

I've gotten up to 396LL in this IB so far. Soon I'll start trying to convince people to take me to the WotM raid so I can see it (or even heroic for the trophy). I'm missing all of these RoI trophies so I want to try to get them through spring/summer:

V1oAFrK.png

I'll start working on the Crucible one soon.
I never see anyone on the Archon's Forge. Not even with the "get there crouching" trick, so I might need some help there too.

It would be nice to go to D2 with the RoI "platinum" since I have every previous trophy too.

Kyoufu

I've never had a worse time in PVP than right now tbh. SBMM, special ammo loss on respawn, bad spawns... I don't know how anyone can enjoy this meta.

Midas

I've never had a worse time in PVP than right now tbh. SBMM, special ammo loss on respawn, bad spawns... I don't know how anyone can enjoy this meta.

Yeah, this Iron Banner haven't been that fun. I've been playing solo a lot and for whatever reasons, I'm always on the team with people who doesn't understand Control.

Kyoufu

Yeah, this Iron Banner haven't been that fun. I've been playing solo a lot and for whatever reasons, I'm always on the team with people who doesn't understand Control.

I'm solo as well and it's hell. Red bars and bad spawns.

But what really gets me is the special ammo drought. Someone coming at me with a super or a shotgun and I have no way to defend myself. Definitely a low point for Destiny PVP right now IMO.

I've been pretty happy with the special ammo situation after the most recent changes— while sidearms and icebreaker are still prevalent, seeing a lot more variety, and am not caught quite so often without special ammo.

Mostly killed by shotguns when I'm blindsided with them; ill conceived rushes (by me or others) still seem to be shutdown with primary fire just like before. Supers are a problem, so I just try to move away from teammates to create space and punish poor choices by the person using the roaming super.

In my skill bracket after the host-selection has settled down a bit I'm only noticing 0-2 bad connections/game, usually as part of larger fire teams. Most egregious red bar yesterday was solo queuing, though. Dutifully reporting everyone I see that's teleporting. Still think there's some flavour of bad connectivity that the bar size/colour doesn't represent— green bars that die to my gun fire/melee after they've killed me with a fusion grenade (etc — I wasn't red barring).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Continuing my weekend grind. Finally over the 370LL hump. Currently at 372. Gotta keep pushing towards 380.

Finally got an artifact drop from the siva strike playlist that helped as my artifact was sub 350.

Also I got that stupid scan the anomaly quest done. PITA. Finally got a splicer key. Go down there, and then after I use the key and drop down I got killed cause I didn't know there was an inviso dude in the corner. Then it spawns you back out so you have to fucking get another key.

Had to go back to orbit, and then start all over again. Glad that shit is done. Tedious to the MAX.

I think after the WotM raid Challenge Mode hits and I am able to do it, I'll be taking a much needed break from Destiny. I got FF14 to catch up on, PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds to start playing, and Persona 5. I think that will take up the majority of my time. Then once Destiny 2 is out, I'll come back to Destiny.

However, I've said that in the past and always come back to it. So I'll probably see you out there Guardians. Or I'll jump on the Discord.

void666

Banned
Thanks to IB i got my 3 characters to 400 light. Also most of my weapons are 400. Not much left to do. My old crew won't be coming back. And i'm too jaded to meet new people. I guess that's it for me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hey guys

Been getting into Destiny again recently and have never done the Wrath of the Machine raid (done all the others several times). Would I be totally screwed if I attempted the 390 version of it tomorrow without previous knowledge and at 385 light? I really want to actually do it since it's the only one I haven't done.

Hey guys

Been getting into Destiny again recently and have never done the Wrath of the Machine raid (done all the others several times). Would I be totally screwed if I attempted the 390 version of it tomorrow without previous knowledge and at 385 light? I really want to actually do it since it's the only one I haven't done.

Light Level shouldn't really be a problem unless the entire/majority of the team is 385 and even then I would imagine it's doable.

Sans for finding a group here I would look at...

https://www.the100.io/community

...to find a fireteam. Just let whatever team you join know that you're a first-timer (*look for a group that mentions no experience necessary).

The WotM raid is rather simple in regards to mechanics until the final encounter and even then it is more about timing than anything else.

FyreWulff

Hey guys

I did my first run with Hawkian last month and as long as you've got one person there that knows what to do, it's not hard to keep up. It's little less complex than King's Fall (and shorter) as well, so if you can handle KF, Wrath should be okay.

I've gotten up to 396LL in this IB so far. Soon I'll start trying to convince people to take me to the WotM raid so I can see it (or even heroic for the trophy). I'm missing all of these RoI trophies so I want to try to get them through spring/summer:

I'll start working on the Crucible one soon.
I never see anyone on the Archon's Forge. Not even with the "get there crouching" trick, so I might need some help there too.

It would be nice to go to D2 with the RoI "platinum" since I have every previous trophy too.
For the forge, just get yourself a nice easy green or blue offering and solo it.
Within about 1 minute of it triggering people start coming in, every single time.

HigXx

Can anyone help me reach Overcharge Level 3, near impossible to do solo. Sitting at Citadel patrol beacon waiting on help, will only take 2 mins

Higxx

Edit: Nvm managed to do it

Lee

I'd be down for Flawless. Assuming we can still do the old Crota and not the new 390 version, that's definitely the easiest and quickest.

I'll probably be on later tonight but that's my only time to play this week. Happy to help if that's when you do it. Just shoot me a message or party invite if you see me.

Control is just clash with some letters on the screen.....
Actually, everything is just clash with some small annoyances on the screen....

Curios. I only recall getting back to back exotic engrams once. Two strikes in a row not like shield brothers or flayers.
Like i said, its a fluke but it happens sometimes
Anecdotal evidence: i did 14 strikes on a row for the book (the 20 heroic ones achievement)
Taken out psions ans omnigul, i used 10 3oC, got 4 exotics and a few legendaries.
On the other side, ive burnec 10 3oC on a row without any exotic
Go figure

KF is personally my favourite raid. Rewards skill, teamwork and learning the mechanics.

It's good when everything goes smoothly. There were some instances when things went to shit, and something that shouldn't take long does....Freakin Totems. People dying super early, or not paying attention to their roles.

zewone

Not everybody has a Hezen. I've done VoG 390 6x and never got one yet.

Anyway Warpath has a faster RoF than Hezen, so it is probably better than Hezen.

Here is another thread on Reddit comparing them: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...en_vengeance_the_warpaths_max_inventory_size/

Hezen Mini-MIRV does more damage than normal cluster rockets.

Hezen Vengeance* ~17seconds
The Warpath ~15seconds

ROF adds 2 seconds to Hezen, but it depends on the damage difference.

Top Bottom