• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I got a friend who wants to do the flawless raider with us. We have.. five people including him? Do we want a full set or no? And can you do Crota with less than 5 people on the low levels version?

I got a friend who wants to do the flawless raider with us. We have.. five people including him? Do we want a full set or no? And can you do Crota with less than 5 people on the low levels version?t
5 people can do normal crota easily
Can be done with less people, but will probaly involve some cheesing on the bridge part

Detective

First ever post in a Destiny Thread, Hi :)

Quick question: is Destiny the collection worth getting now guys? I have only played Destiny before the expansion and never touched it.

Is it worth 38 bucks?

Anything new PVE wise? Explorations? Raids?

Am not interested in MP.

Single player story ?

Appreciate the feedback :)

Quick question: is Destiny the collection worth getting now guys? I have only played Destiny before the expansion and never touched it.

Is it worth 38 bucks?

Am not interested in MP.

Single player story ?

Story is shit tier. New content is good. Raids are excellent. Buy it if you have some time to kill. Otherwise wait for D2 or pick up a better single player game.

Detective

Story is shit tier. New content is good. Raids are excellent. Buy it if you have some time to kill. Otherwise wait for D2 or pick up a better single player game.

Appreciate it bro, I have been playing Halo but now Since it's pretty much dead I need something to keep me busy until D2 comes out.

Is there new worlds? Planets?

r1chard

Is it worth 38 bucks?

Am not interested in MP.

Single player story ?

I'm a Destiny noob (and MMO avoider until now because I know they would suck my life away) until a few weeks ago when a "friend" bought the PS4 bundle for me. I've been having a blast, even though I suck at twin-stick and the only few times I've tried Crucible I've come resoundingly last place (even managed some 0.0 KDs, yay me).

The story is frequently incomprehensible or just plain bad, but the gameplay is good. Some of the art/environment is pretty good too.

Next patch should rename Trails "Fusion Grenades of Warlocks"

I'm still salty as fuck about Tripmines losing stickiness. I hope now, Bungie sees that the other fusion/magnetic grenades are way more OP than tripmines ever were. And personally, I don't think any of them are all that bad. I only used stickys when I needed grenade kills for the class pvp quests. Its really easy to run straight at your enemy and stick them, but you'll trade a lot in the process.

You hear that Bungie, I haven't played Gunslinger since you nerfed Tripmines. #maketripminesgreatagain

Queenbreaker's Bow is a revelation. I've had over 50 of them in the last couple years, but I never really give it a chance. This past week or so I've been giving it a try in PVP and it's great. It now has a permanent place in my loadout.

giphy.gif

AlexBasch

Yeah, gonna chime in with the story thing.

I have no idea what mission should I do next, all I see is that I have a few missing ones from like, Level 5 and now I'm 27?

Buying this game to play completely on my own was a bad idea and I learned my lesson, I honestly don't know what I'm doing when I'm playing. Seems like I'm playing the last mission and I still haven't done others before. :(

Unless you read all the Grims then it is god tier.

What's the fastest way to level up a subclass?

I'm talking about the upgrades like double jumps and stuff

Grab cruicible bounties and go in iron banner and camp but if you are not 390+ then go in normal cruicible, after a game or 2 max you will have your jump and super, from there just keep going, after a few bounties and about 5 games i'd done the first row.
Much more fun than sitting in russia, Just hang back while you are weak and assist like a boss.

Queenbreaker's Bow is a revelation. I've had over 50 of them in the last couple years, but I never really give it a chance. This past week or so I've been giving it a try in PVP and it's great. It now has a permanent place in my loadout.

giphy.gif
Shame I'm so shit with it :( Lord of wolves is my go to secondary.

Midas

One month until the gameplay reveal. They word it very well as gameplay reveal, I hope that means that we'll get to see things before May 18th. I remember that Nirolak created a thread in the gaming forum based on some info from a youtuber that they've been at Bungie already, and would soon discuss Destiny 2.

Any rumors floating around? When is next issue of Game Informer supposed to be out? I'm longing for some new info, gaah.

Matchmaking needs to be in for raids.

If people want to punish themselves and play with randoms let them have that option at least, options never hurt anyone.

Prepare to be downvot--- I'm mean, told you're wrong.

Personally, I want an ingame LFG. It would be better than just mm, because you'd be able to search for a certain checkpoint and join a lobby that has good team comp.

If people want to punish themselves and play with randoms let them have that option at least, options never hurt anyone.

i hope it has matchmaking too or at the very least a party finder so I can easily group up with others. lack of these is what made me stop playing. i tried finding people in game and on websites but just never happened. felt like it was a waste of my time.

Deku Tree

I'd be OK with a group finder or in game LFG for Raids in D2 like they have in FFXIV.

If raids are dumbed down enough to have push button MM then I probably will not raid in Destiny 2.

Kyoufu

I'd be OK with a group finder or in game LFG for Raids in D2 like they have in FFXIV.

If raids are dumbed down enough to have push button MM then I probably will not raid in Destiny 2.

I mean, it's not like raids in Destiny are mega complex. There's not much they can do to dumb them down as they are now.

in-game LFG and duty finder tools would be great and would actually extend my playtime rather than me looking at my dead friends list and thinking "nobody is on, darn, nothing to do".

Deku Tree

I mean, it's not like raids in Destiny are mega complex. There's not much they can do to dumb them down as they are now.

this is completely wrong. absolutely raids in destiny are not as complicated as some MMO subscription raids. but raids with push button match making would not be allowed to require communication. Bungie has said this in numerous vi-docs and twitch broadcasts. Every boss encounter in every raid in Destiny requires a lot of communication.

in-game LFG and duty finder tools would be great and would actually extend my playtime rather than me looking at my dead friends list and thinking "nobody is on, darn, nothing to do".

I agree with this. But I really don't understand why people think the tools outside of the game are not worth using. You have LFG, the Bungie App now also has LFG, you can use GAF or Discord, you can use the100.

Honestly I'd rather use the100 than in game LFG or group finder. That way I know that I have a solid group of players who I have played with many times before.

In-game LFG, sure.

MM, hell-to-the-no.

Y'all need to really think about these things cause it was the constant calls for weapons nerf which partially landed PVP in the state its in now.

WizzNARD

I agree with others, there has to be some sort of MM, LFG, something. Honestly using any LFG, even the 100, can be just as much as a crap shoot as MM. I got in a group the other day, with people I've played with before, and took close to 2 hours to clear the warpriest and then many tries on golgy because people had bizarre load outs, or stayed in the pit after the gaze moved, or completely stopped talking for spans at a time.

At the end of the day, unless you have a solid group you always play with, any kind of MM, LFG, anything will be a crap shoot when it comes to raids.For as many people like the majority of us who know raids, weapons, classes, tactics, inside and out, there are many many more who just don't. People who get carried, don't know, don't care, don't have the time, etc.

I'd rather at least have the option, in game, to get a group together. Either MM, LFG, some other solution, I don't care. But there has to be some sort of option to help get raids, or anything together that is not a third party online option.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

+1 on Raid matchmaking - or at least in-game LFG that's got filters of sorts.

Matchmaking (in some form) for everything IMO.

Edit: Mic filter would be a MUST.

psyfi

Banned
Destiny 2 needs an LFG, but it also needs to have an activity-specific invite system. In other multiplayer focused games I can shoot my friends an invite and they'll know it's to play PvP, but in Destiny there's so much more to do. Let us select an activity and spam out invites to multiple people at once. That'd make things so much easier.

Top Bottom