• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Must have done something wrong... We got all the slams, but we missed one stun. Didn't see "challenge failed" but we went on to beat it just to end up with disappointment.

psyfi

Banned
Why am I getting legendary armor pieces with 3 defense when I'm LL 373? I'm I supposed to infuse them with some stuff or something? Destiny's changed a lot since I quit playing two years ago, lol.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Where's my damn twerking emote?

hghjjh.gif

Why am I getting legendary armor pieces with 3 defense when I'm LL 373? I'm I supposed to infuse them with some stuff or something? Destiny's changed a lot since I quit playing two years ago, lol.

Special event armor that comes out of those gift packages will always be 3 LL. And yes, you gotta infuse them to make it useful, otherwise people would just PAY TO WIN.

FyreWulff

3 light level is cosmetic armor that can also be bought with silver dust. they'll dismantle into silver dust instead of legendary marks, then you can use silver dust to buy most of the MT stuff for "free"

Midas

I know, it's annoying. Story mode needs it as well. :(

Yeah. Story and nightfall should really have it. Nightfall is casual these days.

I played the story in vanilla Destiny by myself, and I know that I would've loved to play it with someone. I won't need it now, since I have my Destiny group, but there are probably people without friends to play it with.

Deku Tree

I can't believe NF still doesn't have mm.

The only thing preventing NF from having MM is that you can't revive yourself.

In spite of that it is dumb. Bungie is forcing you to find your own group to play with for end game activities.

Also 3 LL armor is not cosmetic when you can buy a lot of it until you get the optimal tier 12 build with perfect perks.

AaronMT86

Been using the Sleeper on Templar lately which is fine but I wonder if I could get by with the Spindle? There's simply more special ammo drop. I just wonder if I can land crits while the screen is being rocked by Templar splash damage

zewone

The Jade Rabbit is basically the same gun with a different skin.

Been using the Sleeper on Templar lately which is fine but I wonder if I could get by with the Spindle? There's simply more special ammo drop. I just wonder if I can land crits while the screen is being rocked by Templar splash damage

Spindle is fine, but it's less DPS than the Sleeper. Pop a heavy synth when you run out of ammo.

zewone

Which tier in Archon's Forge gives you a 400 artifact? I've gotten everything but artifacts :(

Any of them can drop them.

I would assume the Perfected (Legendary color) has the best drop rate?

If you need a 400 artifact you can also get them from Skeleton Key chest.

Which tier in Archon's Forge gives you a 400 artifact? I've gotten everything but artifacts :(

You didn't get one from the Crota run earlier? They drop like candy.

Also, 400 is based on your LL. Artifacts will drop according to your highest LL.

Archon's Forge, Eris rank up package, Skeleton key chest and raids are the best way to get artifacts.

Being 400 LL doesn't give you any real advantage over being 390, so those last 10 points of light are statistically irrelevant for any activity in the game.

Kyoufu

Just got one from this skeleton chest. Finally 400 LL now. Better late than never I suppose.

And yeah I know it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

What do you mean?

Presumably your attack, defence are 10 points better. No?

No pve activity in Destiny is higher than 390 light. The advantage of 400 over 390 is basically negligible.

The punishment for being under-leveled in Destiny is way higher than the advantage of being over-leveled.

Go to a level 4 patrol zone and you'll still take the same damage from a level 2 Dreg regardless of your Light level.

All the end game enemies are level 42 while guardians max out at level 40. Heroic strikes and nightfalls have a damage penalty modifier. All these are done to make them harder for players (artificial difficulty scaling).

No pve activity in Destiny is higher than 390 light. The advantage of 400 over 390 is basically negligible.

The punishment for being under-leveled in Destiny is way higher than the advantage of being over-leveled.

Go to a level 4 patrol zone and you'll still take the same damage from a level 2 Dreg regardless of your Light level.

All the end game enemies are level 42 while guardians max out at level 40. Heroic strikes and nightfalls have a damage penalty modifier. All these are done to make them harder for players (artificial difficulty scaling).

Thanks for the response.

The Allegiances page in AoT really irks me. Idk why the bubbles won't just stay filled in. I'm convinced that is the reason the 'multiple records' thing always pops up. One time I was on that page, multiple records popped up and my bubbles shifted.

FyreWulff

The Allegiances page in AoT really irks me. Idk why the bubbles won't just stay filled in. I'm convinced that is the reason the 'multiple records' thing always pops up. One time I was on that page, multiple records popped up and my bubbles shifted.

The records popup happens whenever an inventory app polls the API, which speak of the devil, the hotfix goes up tomorrow to fix that and the endless Trials rounds

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/66bkg9/destiny_hotfix_tomorrow/

shermas

Are any xbros struggling to accept or send invites? I keep getting invites, hit accept, then getting the 'waiting for party stabilization' then.... nothing. I can't join my friends or random LFG teams. When I invite someone, they get the same message.

I can still play crucible, strikes, whatever... I'm just unable to join a fireteam. I want to do the NF (and get the XP boost) before I start the weekly running around non-sense.

Kyoufu

After thinking about it long and hard, I think my biggest request for Destiny 2 is no more skill-based matchmaking in Crucible. I remember being able to chill and have fun in PVP. Now it's always super sweaty. There needs to be a ranked/unranked mode or something.

Top Bottom