• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

After having nothing left to do on my three Xbox characters for a couple weeks now I decided last night to start working on my lonesome PS4 character. I'm at 389 LL and only a decent sniper and Celestial Nighthawk away from being raid-ready for a Gunslinger build that is. Sitting on six Skeleton Keys (when did they start allowing you to hoard more than five?) and I haven't ran the Nightfall yet so I at least can probably get a Devil's Dawn sniper and have a very small chance at a Celestial helm.

It's been an absolute breeze leveling this character after initially getting matchmaked repeatedly with low 300s LL players while I was at 347 LL during Heroic Strikes (this was not fun and just about the worst experience I've had in the game) but once I hit 350 LL exactly I started getting matched with players of my same LL.

Oh, and Echo Chamber is an odd "strike" for sure.

Bold One

I have to say, I really love this community. I'm running the old raids again for the first time since year one and have had a ton of luck grouping up with people on the100.io. Just ran Vault of Glass and the group showed a ton of patience running the Challenge Mode. I was lucky enough to get the Mythoclast, along with Timepiece and Vision adepts and the Titan helmet - basically entirely do to the kindness and patience of strangers from the community.

This game is incredible.

Destiny has an amazing co-operative community, though I am glad more people will be able to play it, I am apprehensive about the introduction of the PC community and the inevitable e-sports gaming mentality that might jeopardise that co-operative sherpa loveliness that sets this game apart from the toxicity of its COD/ OW/ CS counterparts.

cjp

So, uh, I started playing a digital copy of Destiny back in 2014 and then stopped before the first DLC was released.

Last week I (kind of impulse) picked up a physical copy of Destiny: The Collection because it was on offer. Most would consider this stupid timing with Destiny 2 on the horizon but I don't have any plans to jump in with it.

Anyway, I was always interested in the world and picked up The Collection because I wanted to actually carry on with the story and explore some of the new content I never got to see. I never really followed what was going on with Destiny after I stopped playing. No idea what the content entails or what changes Bungie made to the game.

I just logged in into my Bungie account and it seems I was an Awoken Warlock at level 29 the last time I played. I honestly can't really remember much about...well, anything. I'd be surprised if I could even still shoot straight. 🤔

Am I best off starting with a new character? Maybe a Titan or a Hunter as I don't think I ever played those. I've read that it comes with level upgrades to boost my old character? I guess that's a possibility but I'm leaning towards a new character so that I can be refreshed on the lot I think. What do you think?

And I assume I can just download my old digital copy and redeem the DLC content and play that way? As far as I can tell the disc that comes with a physical Destiny: The Collection copy just contains the standard base game anyway so I don't think I'd need to use it.

Yeah, it just has DLC codes. They turned all the original story stuff into quests you can do again on your warlock, with additional text/dialog to fit it together better. No reason to not do it on a new character though.

Long shot, anyone want to help a team of new guys with Kings Fall? At the totems now, need one more...

Many hours too late, but what platform do you play on? Your profile has an XBL tag that hasn't played Destiny.

cjp

Yeah, it just has DLC codes. They turned all the original story stuff into quests you can do again on your warlock, with additional text/dialog to fit it together better. No reason to not do it on a new character though.

Thank you! If I start a new character can I still make to the "end" without partaking in a raid or will I have to look for a team to complete them with at some point?

Mindlog

Thank you! If I start a new character can I still make to the "end" without partaking in a raid or will I have to look for a team to complete them with at some point?
Easily. There are various grimoire sites and compilations that help to massively fill in the details of the story as well.

If you get the chance though I highly recommend trying to join a raid. Just be upfront about your character and experience. Sherpas will be happy to teach the mechanics. Raids are a fun and a very unique part of Destiny.

That said it's somewhat harder to find that kind of group these days 👀

cjp

Easily. There are various grimoire sites and compilations that help to massively fill in the details of the story as well.

If you get the chance though I highly recommend trying to join a raid. Just be upfront about your character and experience. Sherpas will be happy to teach the mechanics. Raids are a fun and a very unique part of Destiny.

That said it's somewhat harder to find that kind of group these days 👀

Thank you! New character as a Titan it is! I'm looking forward to jumping back in and (re) exploring the old and the new.

Yeah, I probably will look at doing the raids eventually. I do remember the Vault of Glass (that was the first one?) and I did enjoy it. As long as I don't need the raid loot from each to "progress" to the next bit of content, whether that's story or strikes or whatever, then I'll probably leave them until last.

Dthomp

God why on earth does Combined Arms come up as often as it does, it's quite possibly the worst PVP mode in the game, other then maybe Mayhem anything. Hate having to play this trash for the weekly rewards. Hoping neither of these modes make it to D2

At least my boxes were better this week. Got Awkward and Strange Dances, Warlock Triumph Chest piece (just need legs now), NLB ornament and a siva holiday mask

As long as I don't need the raid loot from each to "progress" to the next bit of content, whether that's story or strikes or whatever, then I'll probably leave them until last.

No, and at this point all four raids are end-game content anyway, so you do other shit to be geared up for them and not vice versa.

God why on earth does Combined Arms come up as often as it does, it's quite possibly the worst PVP mode in the game, other then maybe Mayhem anything.

I like it as a change of pace— lets scouts and snipersIce Breakers be used at their intended ranges.

I like it as a change of pace— lets scouts and snipersIce Breakers be used at their intended ranges.

Exactly! It may not be the best mode, but I like how different it feels to everything else. It's good for a breather every now and then.

The large maps and vehicles also bring up fond memories of playing Halo 2 multiplayer with my brothers back in the day (though it's not quite as good as Halo and there's no flying vehicles)

Anyone running mayhem IB with six hunters each with 4 shot Golden Guns?
67b.jpg

Nightfall: Cerberus Vae III
Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
Berserk - Minions of the Darkness won't flinch, even after massive damage.
Fresh Troops - Some enemy squads have been fortified with additional reinforcements.
Airborne - Players deal more damage while in the air.
Catapult - Grenade recharge rate is greatly increased.

Heroic Strike Playlist
Heroic - Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
Void Burn - Void damage from any source is greatly increased.
Brawler - Guardian melee damage is greatly increased.
Chaff - Player radar is disabled.

Not bad. Would have liked Small Arms on heroic but a giant leap forward from last weeks monstrosity.

Dalek

Is there any reason to keep both a Zaouli's Bane and a Harrowed Zaouli's Bane? With Vault space being so tight I wanted to know if I could scrap one.

rezn0r

Is there any reason to keep both a Zaouli's Bane and a Harrowed Zaouli's Bane? With Vault space being so tight I wanted to know if I could scrap one.

the collector (who i used to be) says yes, keep both. the realistic person who has dealt with the stupid-small amount of storage we get (who i guess i am now) says keep the one with the better roll.

No reason to keep either. It's one of the worst hand cannons.

& that ^

CLBridges

This IB is definitely not for me, it's all good though. I think my time with D1 has come to an end, good times. See y'all in D2 beta.

I'm not at the level to do nightfall at this point. Might just wait till next months.

I didn't do the Nightfall either and haven't played a ton but I'm already at Rank 4 with my lone PS4 character. I did complete all the bounties, however.

Edit: Servers down for anyone else on PS4?

Mayhem IB is the greatest shit of all time. So much fun. Glad I waited to do IB for the book. Took maybe 10 games. It all happened so fast idk. Lol. Young Ahamkara Spine still kicks ass. Fusion Rifles for days. No roaming supers thanks to my Golden Gun.

Top Bottom