• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

darthbob

Anyone down to run the NF?

Edit: oh hey top of page. well I got the final "action figure" in the 3A destiny collection, the Warlock!

EvK5a3S.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can someone explain whats happening to us on Crota. Majority of us haven't beaten him much since the release.

Last week our method was this but tonight it wasn't working.

• First wave - Down him - Sword
  • Down him - Sword
  • Shoot Gaze
  • Run back to Centre Room
  • Second wave - Down him - Sword
  • Down him - Sword
  • Shoot Gaze
  • Run to Ogre room and clear
  • Third wave - Down him - Sword
  • Down him - Sword
  • Completed

Now last night we was doing the same but at the end of the second wave when we was getting to the Ogre room they were already out and we then wiped which seemed an effect of the Oversoul Gaze then though we'd destroyed it.

My only thought is this. Is the sword bearer doing more damage to him on the second wave that we can down him a third time and kill? Last week when we ran to the Ogre room he usually had 1/2 of health but last night he was like 1/3 or even 1/4. Its hard to know whats going on because this bit has been so glitchly for us that we don't know if its intentional or not.

Can we do this?

• First wave - Down him - Sword
  • Down him - Sword
  • Shoot Gaze
  • Second wave - Down him - Sword
  • Down him - Sword
  • Down him - Sword
  • Down him - Sword
  • Completed

Can someone explain whats happening to us on Crota. Majority of us haven't beaten him much since the release.

Sounds like at least one sword bearer was buffed by weapons of light and/or Crota was being hit by Viking funeral— both of which now increase sword damage—and therefore you were hitting enrage unexpectedly.

If I am reading your idea right: you can only down Crota three times in a sword and that timing is pretty tight— kite sword knight to the base of your rock before killing.

However use the damage boosts you can: while team and sword runner are taking out the knight, a titan should put a weapons bubble (with illuminated) on the top of the rock you are going to use for a 35% damage buff. While Crota is down, a sunsinger or two can pop radiance and spam grenades for a further 10-15% buff (depending on grenade type-- fusions are best but our sunsinger said they bounced off).

Anyway, first sword can take Crota down 70% if they hit enough. If they have a bad run, doing this again will still kill Crota on the second run. Important to make orbs during opening trash mob section if you only have one titan (radiance kills can be with guns and still make orbs!).

Before you ask: tether nor melting point work on sword damage to Crota.

Own ROI and completed all the missions / strikes etc but never did the WotM raid before taking a break.

Feels good to be back and currently got my warlock to L388. Apart from IB this week what else is good for getting upto L400

Also noticed people using the Vex Mythoclast and other older weapons. have these been bought forward to the higher light level?

Ogres? Is this December 2014?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cJMsWp5iNs

Just see this and follow the step. Easy 2 cycle, no ogres with challenge mode.

If you do too much damage on the second cycle, he will enrage and you have to kill him with that sword, else the oversoul will wipe you. Now that Weapons of Light work with the sword, you should always have a buffed sword while damaging Crota, so that you will always be able to kill him in the second sword of the second cycle, avoiding the ogres altogether.

Own ROI and completed all the missions / strikes etc but never did the WotM raid before taking a break.

Feels good to be back and currently got my warlock to L388. Apart from IB this week what else is good for getting upto L400

Also noticed people using the Vex Mythoclast and other older weapons. have these been bought forward to the higher light level?

To get to 400...

Three of Coins
Heroic Strikes
Skeleton Keys/Strike Hoard Chests
Nightfall
390 LL Raids
Archon's Forge
Crucible End-of-Match Rewards
Faction Rank-up Packages

...and yes, old Raid weapons have been brought up to light level. Each primary features an "Adept" Exotic version which has an elemental property and a Legendary version which does not feature an elemental. Each of the four Raids has a 390 LL version now with each one being featured as a weekly with Challenge Modes which reward you with the Adept primaries.

As far as getting to 400 LL, I took my lone PS4 character from 315 LL last Thursday night to 400 LL yesterday without using 3oC or Exotics. I did it mostly with Heroic Strikes, Skeleton Keys, Archon's Forge, Faction Rewards, and Iron Banner. Also during that same time I completely unlocked and completed the Gunslinger and Nightstalker subclasses. This process is really easy and a lot less grindy now.

Edit: Also, don't forget to pick up the Weekly Vanguard/Crucible bounties from Zavala and Shaxx respectively as that's another good LL increase option. In any case there many avenues in getting a character to 400 LL and it's rather painless if you enjoy the gameplay/gunplay.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I was holding my own until my last game. That was a sign that I was tired and needed to log off, lol.
I've blocked myself from Crucible any time after midnight for this reason, I just get grumpy and my skills suffer when it's late it seems lol.

I hit 400LL today thanks to IB bounty drops, such a plethora of gear in IB every time, it's like Xmas for a nearly returned Guardian :)

rezn0r

This week's IB Is awesome for finishing those crucible subclass quests I was ignoring and figured I'd never get completed (30 radiance multikills etc)

This week's IB Is awesome for finishing those crucible subclass quests I was ignoring and figured I'd never get completed (30 radiance multikills etc)
Radiance multikills were easy in IB. I did it last night. Had a build where I had two sticky grenades with 300 Intelligence and Disipline. Grenades would refresh every 3 seconds without Radiance. Almost instant during Radiance. It was beautiful.

I streamed it last night. I'll make a clip and post it later tonight.

rezn0r

Radiance multikills were easy in IB. I did it last night. Had a build where I had two sticky grenades with 300 Intelligence and Disipline. Grenades would refresh every 3 seconds without Radiance. Almost instant during Radiance. It was beautiful.

I streamed it last night. I'll make a clip and post it later tonight.

Nice, definitely post it, I'll watch. I also completed it last night, but did much better putting on claws and having double 'nades/double melees. Also - it took me until I only needed 6 more to realize that using Radiance as you pick up heavy ammo, and getting multiple heavy ammo kills, counts. Wish I knew that earlier.

That was the only Warlock one of those I had left, but I need to finish 2/3 of each of the other classes. So that's my plan the rest of the week.

Just a little tip for those looking to do nightfall or easy stuff. You can find a group on LFG in like 30 seconds. I know LFG will never be as good as GAF, but for nf does it really matter?

Do yourself a favor and post or respond to a post on LFG. It takes less than a minute. Even if you have the GAF discord, LFG is faster.

rezn0r

Just a little tip for those looking to do nightfall or easy stuff. You can find a group on LFG in like 30 seconds. I know LFG will never be as good as GAF, but for nf does it really matter?

Do yourself a favor and post or respond to a post on LFG. It takes less than a minute. Even if you have the GAF discord, LFG is faster.

agreed 100% ^ I am not a fan of LFG but for NF it's doable

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

i haz no gaf discord...I want in...

rezn0r

book done finally, I skipped IB rank 5 last month. I'll probably be trying to farm the raid exotics between now and September, but it feels good getting that out of the way and probably working on some offline RPGs. thanks for all the good times DGAF & Destiny, bring on the sequel!

Acidote

+1 for DGAF discord invite.

By they way, I'll be asking again for a Nightfall today at around 4:30pm Madrid time, although I'll probably be around for a couple of hours trying to get a 400 ghost from IB or rep packages.

You need some DGAF Discord in your life.

Dude, I told you a few months ago ingame and I'll tell you again now here. Thank you for always being so helpful for everyone around here. I'll try to find a group through discord as you said :)

-1 point for asking while I'm at work.

+2 points for the Turbo Killer av ����

Blood Machines soon!

+1 for DGAF discord invite.

By they way, I'll be asking again for a Nightfall today at around 4:30pm Madrid time, although I'll probably be around for a couple of hours trying to get a 400 ghost from IB or rep packages.

The quickest and easiest way to get a Ghost is playing Archon's Forge unless you specifically wanted an IB one.

Good luck to you all finding nf teams. Seriously though, if you can't find a team on GAF or discord in 30 min, LFG isn't that bad. You don't even need a mic for nf. No one cares if you talk. Yeah GAF is better because you can pal around with cool people and once you make friends its great. But I've been active in GAF threads since day 1 when it comes to grouping and LFG has always been a part of my destiny life because GAF doesn't group up as fast. I'll always pick GAF over LFG given the choice though. Long live DGAF.

FyreWulff

Anyone need an NF clear? I pulled my dusty Hunter out of storage and was able to infuse him up to 399, so if anyone needs an NF clear I could use it and see how fast it can rank up IB with NF boost + alt boost lol

rezn0r

k, i'll be on in a moment. I seem to have accidentally somehow locked my highest light artifact to my hunter..

edit: fixed it

edit2: room for a 3rd if anyone wants an nf clear

sign me up, shot a friend rq to ernie

yes less than 12 hours after posting I'm probably done with regular Destiny things I'm doing NFs

Top Bottom