• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

FyreWulff

I want to jump back in. If I had Taken King on disc and graduate to the new "complete" physical, will I have to start from scratch or will all my characters, levels, gear, etc. still be retained?

all your stuff will still be there. it's all server side

NeOak

I want to jump back in. If I had Taken King on disc and graduate to the new "complete" physical, will I have to start from scratch or will all my characters, levels, gear, etc. still be retained?

You didn't have The Taken King on disc. There is no such thing.

It is still same old Destiny with expensions. Rise of the Long Iron is just the latest expansion.

ultrazilla

I'm in the Detroit area and use WOW as well, but I haven't noticed anything like this. I started checking last night after reading your post and was green bar all the time.

Shiv-thanks. It's the strangest thing. I'm getting solid yellow bars. I used to be solid green all the time. When I use WOW's speed test at http://speedtest.wowway.com/ I'm getting the 300 mbps down/ 20mbps upload speeds. When I go to other third party servers, every single third party speed test is showing fine download speeds of 300mbps down but the upload speeds are hovering between 5-7 mbps upload. I should be getting 20mbps.

I think WOW is throttling my upload speeds for some reason and/or they are being misleading with their "test". I have my ps4 hard wired-hooked up to the modem with a LAN cable and the ps4 is two feet away from the modem!

So I get to call WOW again and complain. sigh

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shiv-thanks. It's the strangest thing. I'm getting solid yellow bars. I used to be solid green all the time. When I use WOW's speed test at http://speedtest.wowway.com/ I'm getting the 300 mbps down/ 20mbps upload speeds. When I go to other third party servers, every single third party speed test is showing fine download speeds of 300mbps down but the upload speeds are hovering between 5-7 mbps upload. I should be getting 20mbps.

I think WOW is throttling my upload speeds for some reason and/or they are being misleading with their "test". I have my ps4 hard wired-hooked up to the modem with a LAN cable and the ps4 is two feet away from the modem!

So I get to call WOW again and complain. sigh
Those upload speeds are more than enough for just about anything in practice and you're not performing any large uploads playing destiny at all.

What does the Network test on your PS4 say?

It seems off the top of my head like the problem isn't with your internet in particular but with your PS4's connection to your network.

theWB27

Who in here plays on X1? Whenever I check in it's PSN invites galore. I have a 389 Warlock and want to run some Nightfall tomorrow.

Oi, it's January, get yer faces on.

5wE4Syn.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
My eyes are wake, my eyes are wake, I know, my eyes are wake, my eyes are wake, I know.

Alright time to step it up.

Mindlog

All my characters hit level 5 almost S-Class. I just need like 3 wins (easy) and to not explode a few times (hard.)

I have maybe 1 track banner?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Am I missing something? Seems a lot of people are using hawkmoon more than usual. Like 9999 times more.

Nostalgia probably.

More like boredom, we're 15 months (bar Doctrine) into the most shit boring collection of Pulse metas. As I said before its got that bad that everyones dropping there LL to 315 (with 400 primaries) to sort of replicate Yr1

I doubt we'll see a balance patch this month either

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
More like boredom, we're 15 months (bar Doctrine) into the most shit boring collection of Pulse metas. As I said before its got that bad that everyones dropping there LL to 315 (with 400 primaries) to sort of replicate Yr1

I doubt we'll se a balance patch this month either

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm glad to see (some) people ignoring the dry ass meta in favor of just playing whatever they like. If bungie is ok with the current weapon setup, people are just finding their own fun i guess.

I's be up for a run today.

What time were we thinking? I might be able to make it.

Also, SRL: I like it but I wish I wasnt the only sparrow who seems to have no agency when in the vicinity of other sparrows. The amount of times I have been knocked off course or pulled/pushed along seems worse than last year. If we want to say "rubbin is racin" then at least let me be able to affect others the way they affect me. If you collide with me and send me flying and I collide with you and either hit an immovable object or I get sent flying backwards, something is off.

I guess I am also bitter as I dont think I am getting this last 1st place on Mars as whenever that map comes up I seem to get the professionals AND that I have not had one Eyasluna drop.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Personally, I'd like to see a white Suros Regime and a Siva Sleeper Simulant. That would be cool! I also think they could do something interesting with Hardlight. What about you?

Hardlight should get artifacts that make it elemental and then maybe someone would use it

Mindlog

If we get more people I dont mind helping. I need 1 Mars 1st place for the old record book...
Getting 1st is easy for me. It's the banners that aren't :]
I win 90% of the races I'm trying to win. In the other races I normally drop off if I'm not on a personal record.

That would actually explain why it's so easy if SBMM is in place.
Also, when I do get matched up against 6 other great racers the outcome is fun. Won a race I thought I lost yesterday and everyone finished within 2 seconds of each other.

Getting 1st is easy for me. It's the banners that aren't :]
I win 90% of the races I'm trying to win. In the other races I normally drop off if I'm not on a personal record.

That would actually explain why it's so easy if SBMM is in place.
Also, when I do get matched up against 6 other great racers the outcome is fun. Won a race I thought I lost yesterday and everyone finished within 2 seconds of each other.

It is fun, except I feel like the game is going out of its way to sabotage me. Like you know that jump before the fans? Last lap, worked my way up to neck and neck with 1st place. 1st place goes through right before me. I head through the middle of the portal and for some reason the game flings me into the scenery off to the left middle of the jump, I explode and end up in 6th. Another time, same sort of situation but in the last left turn after the fans I barely touch the wall, explode, get 6th (whats weirder is my sparrow wasnt on fire or anything so I shouldnt have exploded).

Then again, I could be more invested in it because I really just want that 1st place on Mars and dont care so much on the other maps so its way less stressful on anything but Mars.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I am so ready for Destiny 2 if only because I am expecting Bungie will fix the BS that needs fixing. If they don't I don't think people are going to tolerate it anymore and sales won't be Destiny 1 levels.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Is Exaulted gear here to stay? Or was that just part of this event?

I know I can't get the cool Dawning gear anymore (because those treasures will be gone) but can I still get the new sets from Zavala bounties?

I am so ready for Destiny 2 if only because I am expecting Bungie will fix the BS that needs fixing. If they don't I don't think people are going to tolerate it anymore and sales won't be Destiny 1 levels.

I agree with this. I am hoping they resolve the issue with their tools and there is a lot more content to bite into and hopefully a lot more free and exciting content spread between releases (I am imagining annual releases like Destiny 2 then a year later Expansion 1, etc). I am also hoping they get better at balancing PVE and PVP as two separate entities allowing players to have gear that feels powerful against AI and is not broken against players in the crucible.

Mindlog

It is fun, except I feel like the game is going out of its way to sabotage me. Like you know that jump before the fans? Last lap, worked my way up to neck and neck with 1st place. 1st place goes through right before me. I head through the middle of the portal and for some reason the game flings me into the scenery off to the left middle of the jump, I explode and end up in 6th. Another time, same sort of situation but in the last left turn after the fans I barely touch the wall, explode, get 6th (whats weirder is my sparrow wasnt on fire or anything so I shouldnt have exploded).

Then again, I could be more invested in it because I really just want that 1st place on Mars and dont care so much on the other maps so its way less stressful on anything but Mars.
Yeah my two biggest issues on Mars are when the fan lags and the giant turn after the small gap jump. Finally remembered how to tackle that though. Minimal boosting through the turn to line up the next two gates with one boost will work most of the time.

My Hunter needed two races for S-Rank so I gave it a quick try. First race on Burning Sands I come in third despite setting my personal best. I really need to graduate to raid sparrows. Second race on the Campus I win by 5 seconds despite being ~10 seconds slower than my personal best. That gave me the last win I needed and the last race without blowing up I needed.

Forgot that the reward is rep, a helmet, banner and shader that I don't need.

Two characters Rank S and I can get my Titan to S in two or three races.
1 Track Banner confirmed.

Top Bottom