• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Even though I told myself I was looking forward to SRL returning since last year's version I didn't complete 20 races across two platforms this time around. Last year I ran 200+ on Xbox One alone.

I just started an SRL private match which I guess is my own personal "time attack" mode now and after completing a race I unlocked something in the SRL Record Book and did another and it added to my "In It to the Finish" Milestone so it looks like you can complete the milestones in private matches which I wasn't expecting.

Even though I told myself I was looking forward to SRL returning since last year's version I didn't complete 20 races across two platforms this time around. Last year I ran 200+ in Xbox One alone.

I just started an SRL private match which I guess is my own personal "time attack" mode now and after completing a race I unlocked something in the SRL Record Book and did another and it added to my "In It to the Finish" Milestone so it looks like you can complete the milestones in private matches which I wasn't expecting.

Holy shit that's huge

KxoZz

My last post got buried in the new years posts, so I'll try again:
Wanna play with GAF again, but everyone transitioned to discord.
Do I need an invite for it or something?
Can someone PM me one if so? :)

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
need one more for NF. PSN Godless_Pagan
fyi i got no mic right now
Edit: just join us....gonna start it right now

Even though I told myself I was looking forward to SRL returning since last year's version I didn't complete 20 races across two platforms this time around. Last year I ran 200+ on Xbox One alone.

That is awesome. I didnt want to chance it so I rushed the sparrow stuff in the book.

Dez_

Good runs everyone. No Icebreaker, but I had fun. Man, I love using Telesto.
My last post got buried in the new years posts, so I'll try again:
Wanna play with GAF again, but everyone transitioned to discord.
Do I need an invite for it or something?
Can someone PM me one if so? :)

Hawkian has the link. PM him for the details.

Holy shit that's huge

That is awesome. I didnt want to chance it so I rushed the sparrow stuff in the book.

It was intentional as well per Bungie...

"The Competitive Spirit Record Book can still be completed for rewards through SRL Private Matches, Daily ”Vanguard Elite" Bounties, and Strikes from the SIVA Crisis or Nightfall playlists. If you're still holding onto your SRL Record Book from 2015, it will not be tracked in Private Matches. Enjoying some speed with your friends is a reward in itself."

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45601/7_Happy-New-Year

pablito

Hey dudes. Just started playing a couple Sunday's ago. So far I have 2 40s, highest with a light level of 330. Completed taken King on both, started rise on the higher level.

Been doing crucible and vanguard mainly. Just did one of the activities that's in...the reef? It's on the map that other hub is.

Couple questions. I'm wondering what, if any, activities I'm missing. In addition to those listed above, I know of kings fall, nightfall, archons forge, bounty type stuff for the different factions, and that racing thing. Anything else? Also there's some 6 man no matchmaking stuff (kings fall). Is it necessary to join a guild? If so, is there a gaf guild that wouldn't mind playing with a so so player? Lol. I don't play any shooters so I'm not super good. I'm. It bad though. I never do the worst in pvp or strikes if that helps lol.

Need a titan and hunter to do NF, I'm on step 2 for my Outbreak prime.

Heck any titan + hunter (have completed) that will help me through this entire quest, I will give you each a 20$ PSN card after. I want to complete and LFG is fruitless :(

Pacificsun0481

PS4

NastyBook

So much for connection based matchmaking.

EDIT: NL SHADOW 701x loot pool for everybody. I've gotten THREE of these pieces of shit in the last 24 hours.
Need a titan and hunter to do NF, I'm on step 2 for my Outbreak prime.

Heck any titan + hunter (have completed) that will help me through this entire quest, I will give you each a 20$ PSN card after. I want to complete and LFG is fruitless :(

Pacificsun0481

PS4
I'm still on part one! :D You've gotten farther than me.

any groups running an xbone raid today?

ive taken a pretty long break from destiny, but I'm back up to 393 and want to do the raid lol

Not tonight but I'd really like to run HM more; my clan keeps scrubbing out at Vosik. Happy to run NM or HM. XBL is CrudeDiatribe.

Chris Butcher (Engineering Director & Board member @ Bungie) was at Casey Muratori's (of HandMade Hero fame) HandMadeCon and gave a really interesting, relaxed talk regarding Asset Systems and Scalability (Halo engine, Destiny engine, different approaches, lessons learned, etc.)

https://youtu.be/7KXVox0-7lU

Thanks for posting this, super interesting.

Is it necessary to join a guild? If so, is there a gaf guild that wouldn't mind playing with a so so player?

No, no need for clans, we use this thread and Discord to find games with each other. What platform are you on?

So much for connection based matchmaking.

EDIT: NL SHADOW 701x loot pool for everybody. I've gotten THREE of these pieces of shit in the last 24 hours.

I'm still on part one! :D You've gotten farther than me.

But it's fruitless these days, people who have completed aren't really helping and LFG is a waste. No hits, even though I'm offering GAF titan and hunter who have done that can help through a PSN $20.00 code each - lol....nadda

Any of the rep vendors sell worthwhile gear this time? Still using the old Dead Orbit Scout Rifle for PvE that I got near the start of TK that came with a pretty good roll on it. Want to switch to a different rep since I've got the exotic cape with them already and it would be better if they had something worth buying on top of it. Will be getting a lot of weapons from their packages too so if they just have a good standard gun type as well that would be great.

Crucible Hand Cannon and Sniper are good

Don't delete that DO Scout, hold onto it like it's your binky

Lol, fat chance. It will lay next to me in my grave for how much work it's put in. Not to mention that it looks better then the standard versions of it that aren't from a rep. I was assuming that there were no standout ones you can just buy anymore because of how good that one was. Also still using my old 1000 yard stare that was just the standard Vanguard vendor one, but got one with nearly the same rolls with a different element on it too.

FyreWulff

Almost 3 years into this game and I'm finally doing the exotic quest for New Monarchy lol

I basically never bothered with faction items for the entirety of Year 1 outside of getting one of them up to 3

NastyBook

aRSf9oQqvvo3K.gif

Yikes, the quality drop. Ah, well. Better than nothing, I suppose.

Top Bottom