• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

What is discord referring to?

discord
noun
ˈdɪskɔːd/
disagreement between people.

Couple questions. I'm wondering what, if any, activities I'm missing. In addition to those listed above, I know of kings fall, nightfall, archons forge, bounty type stuff for the different factions, and that racing thing. Anything else? Also there's some 6 man no matchmaking stuff (kings fall). Is it necessary to join a guild? If so, is there a gaf guild that wouldn't mind playing with a so so player? Lol. I don't play any shooters so I'm not super good. I'm. It bad though. I never do the worst in pvp or strikes if that helps lol.

There are secret quests for certain exotic weapons - Black Spindle, Sleeper Stimulant, Exotic Swords, Touch of Malice, Outbreak Prime..

The 6-man no matchmaking stuff are raids that are the PVE end-game and some of the best content in Destiny. If you want to attempt the latest raid - Wrath of the Machine, then start by getting your LL to 365 or higher first, then look to join a newbie raid or PUG group.

Joining a clan/guild is not required for anything except some trophies.

Any of the rep vendors sell worthwhile gear this time? Still using the old Dead Orbit Scout Rifle for PvE that I got near the start of TK that came with a pretty good roll on it. Want to switch to a different rep since I've got the exotic cape with them already and it would be better if they had something worth buying on top of it. Will be getting a lot of weapons from their packages too so if they just have a good standard gun type as well that would be great.

Sell, not really. But you may want to switch to FWC since it has some of the best weapons this time.

Number45

But it's fruitless these days, people who have completed aren't really helping and LFG is a waste. No hits, even though I'm offering GAF titan and hunter who have done that can help through a PSN $20.00 code each - lol....nadda
I would help (and there's no need to pay) but the times you mentioned previously would have been the middle of the night for me. :(

I've completed the quest on my hunter and titan, but both have the replica items.

123rl

My new baby:

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-04%20at%2009.48.28_zpsbztnlvhi.png

I finally got a good roll on a Hopscotch Pilgrim. For some reason, this gun has always. eluded me. It. absolutely destroys everything in PvE. I haven't tried it in Crucible yet

glaurung

My new baby:

I finally got a good roll on a Hopscotch Pilgrim. For some reason, this gun has always. eluded me. It. absolutely destroys everything in PvE. I haven't tried it in Crucible yet
That's not very good. You want Braced Frame, Counterbalance and Headseeker.

Finally on the 10th Sunrise, RNG gifted me with an Icebreaker. The Nanochance ornament is awesome.

The only thing I have left in the game that I want loot-wise is the Burning Eye scout from Trials.

LTWood12

OK, how do i get on this Discord thing that is destroying this community?

Honestly it's pretty dead over there now too. But Xplicit, Falifax, Mars, or Hawk can send you an invite.

My new baby:

It's a lot of fun finding a weapon that feels good to you. Hopefully you get another at some point that has something besides secret round.

6 rolls for an Ice Breaker in 2 days. Get used to disappointment.

Year 2 has prepped me well.

Currently taking a break from the game. I may jump back in and finish the books but I have no real need to jump back into the game. Maybe to do some old Raids and stream it. But currently working on my backlog.

noomi

Haven't been around in a while, busy busy! How's DGAF holding up these days?

Nice work on the OT Mr. DeathJr :D

Thanks for including my in the wall of nostalgia lol.

darthbob

My new baby:

Nice! I really love full auto and secret round on this thing, feels great.

I got a nearly identical roll on one too, love it!

6oYZgRt.png

Ok... So my guardian (titan) is at level 36 and my light score is 198. Does that sound right?

Also, I'm thinking of trying my first raid. I think it's called Vault of Glass. Why do raids require 6 player teams? Is the difficulty cranked up to the sky? Or does the game fundamentally change during a raid. Any guidance is appreciated.

Ok... So my guardian (titan) is at level 36 and my light score is 198. Does that sound right?

Also, I'm thinking of trying my first raid. I think it's called Vault of Glass. Why do raids require 6 player teams? Is the difficulty cranked up to the sky? Or does the game fundamentally change during a raid. Any guidance is appreciated.

They require a lot of teamwork and coordination to get through.

And your light is fine, but try pushing through to level 40. That's when you can start using legendaries and the game really begins.

Number45

I haven't fully levelled it yet, but IB seems pretty fun! Weird getting used to having no ammo at the start of a round though.

Why do raids require 6 player teams? Is the difficulty cranked up to the sky? Or does the game fundamentally change during a raid.

The raids are designed to be completed by 6 people. Some of them can be completed by less, but generally there's enough stuff to do that you'll want six.

What platform are you on? Hawkian runs newbie raids for PS4. Maybe eventually we'll get something together for XB1.

WeTeHa

I haven't fully levelled it yet, but IB seems pretty fun! Weird getting used to having no ammo at the start of a round though.

I mainly want to play with it because I love the sound it makes when you fire. I mean, I have better snipers for pve and pvp, but the sound is soo good.

Mindlog

Is there anyone that wants to ring the bells for the trophy on PS4 later on?
Only one I am missing. May as well grab it for a giggle.

The raids are designed to be completed by 6 people. Some of them can be completed by less, but generally there's enough stuff to do that you'll want six.

What platform are you on? Hawkian runs newbie raids for PS4. Maybe eventually we'll get something together for XB1.

I'm on XB1, wouldn't mind trying a raid when I get higher light, but seems most of gaf is on ps4.

Mindlog

I need that trophy, so yeah, can be on later
That's the only one I'm missing... when is later?
I need this trophy
Yes. I'll be on tonight. psn is kreepmode.
That's a lot of replies!

8PM Eastern good? Will have to look up how to actually do it :]

For future reference.
Ring the bells in the specified order, and the trophy / achievement will unlock. There are 6 bells, but you only need 5 to do this. Bell #1 is over on its own, and the other 5 you need are other on the other side of the temple. The easiest way to do it is have 5 people at each bell, and somebody calls out the order of them. The order is: 1, 2, 3, 1, 5, 4, 3, 2, 3, 1, 3, 4

Anyone on ps4 feel like running the nightfall once or twice? Totally forgot to do it the last couple weeks and really want to get back into the flow of things.

Mindlog

Actually I'll be a few minutes late but no later than 8:10pm EST.
NP. I see Shiv on. I think it may actually be possible with two now. Might give it a shot here to see if that works. If it does I will still be on for a little while to help.

That was easy. Thank you everybody.

Still stuck step 2 Outbreak Prime, need Titan and Hunter to see me through this stupid quest...

Edit: Sort of found a group, will see how this goes....

Oh no I missed the bell train! Some other time.

For those who play crucible a lot: IB rewards replace normal crucible drops during IB correct? Now that eyasluna is back as a drop I really want one but tend to only play IB (or SRL but those gods weren't kind to me as I didn't get one to drop at all) so I wanted to confirm. Also, IB probably next week I am guessing. I assume the HC but not sure second weapon, any guesses?

Top Bottom