• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Dez_

Oh no I missed the bell train! Some other time.

For those who play crucible a lot: IB rewards replace normal crucible drops during IB correct? Now that eyasluna is back as a drop I really want one but tend to only play IB (or SRL but those gods weren't kind to me as I didn't get one to drop at all) so I wanted to confirm. Also, IB probably next week I am guessing. I assume the HC but not sure second weapon, any guesses?

Right. The only drops you get will be IB related. Mainly whatever two weapons are mainly on display for the week, plus the armor.

This quest sucks.

Stuck in step 2 to charge the engine and need a Titan and Hunter who have or have done it.

LFG again, yields no results and I want to complete this damned quest. It is so frustrating, just sitting with no bites and staring at my character waiting, waiting and waiting in iron temple.

True to my word, I stopped by GameStop on way home and grabbed 2 $20 PSN cards to give to a hunter + titan to help me finish the quest. It's not that I think I should 'buy' the weapon, it's such a waste to sit here for hours with nothing and I'd rather reward good people for their help - than not.

Edit: still looking on LFG, nada.

Pacificsun0481

PS4

This quest sucks.

Stuck in step 2 to charge the engine and need a Titan and Hunter who have or have done it.

LFG again, yields no results and I want to complete this damned quest. It is so frustrating, just sitting with no bites and staring at my character waiting, waiting and waiting in iron temple.

True to my word, I stopped by GameStop on way home and grabbed 2 $20 PSN cards to give to a hunter + titan to help me finish the quest. It's not that I think I should 'buy' the weapon, it's such a waste to sit here for hours with nothing and I'd rather reward good people for their help - than not.

Pacificsun0481

PS4

I still need to do that quest. I wasn't around when people were knocking it off quickly. Best of luck getting it done.

The PvP in this game has somehow managed to hit an all time low.

Grenade spam is rampant as players forgo intelligent positioning and gunskill in favor of builds that afford them two insta kill grenades and cooldowns that have no business being as fast as they are. Some players get away with throwing a grenade before every single gunfight and never have to fire more than one bullet from their weapon. It's a disgusting precedent that diminishes any morsel of balance and causes players to eschew from their primaries.

This disturbing trend is exacerbated by the unhealthy amount of Shotgun usage that still has yet to be curbed because Bungie - for all their attempts at introducing movement tradeoffs - continues to miss the critical issue: there is absolutely no penalty for moving and shooting with a Shotgun.

For classes like Warlocks and Titans that can boost forward in an instant, there is virtually no drawback to mindlessly leaping towards an opponent with your Matador in tow and blaining them from ranges that would be considering hacking by any normal game design standards. But alas, this is the world of Destiny, where completely innocuous abilities such as the Throwing Knife are nerfed while painfully obvious game breakers like the Juggernaut shield are "given their time in the sun"; because everyone enjoys being a guinea pig to sadistic experiments that ought to remain locked away in the internal playtesting lab.

This meta is abysmal as it represents the lowest skill ceiling the game has ever had. There is virtually no gunskill in the grenade first, abundantly stable Clever Dragon or three-tap Palindrome world, and any that remains is overshadowed by how clunky the overall game feels now following the nerfs to overall weapon handling.

Destiny has never been "balanced" - although I would argue it was once much closer than it is now. Nevertheless, it used to be a rich, fizzy drink fresh from the container, and now it tastes like it has been poignantly distilled, diluted. uncarbonated, and ceremoniously spat in by all the fans who have since moved on to less identity-confused games.

This quest sucks.

Pacificsun0481

PS4

I still need to do that quest. I wasn't around when people were knocking it off quickly. Best of luck getting it done.

I can help out both of you. Have it on all 3 chars so can bring whatever you guys need.

LTWood12

New avatar is fire. Eloquently put. As someone whose personal skill ceiling is quite low, this is definitely the 'easiest' pvp as felt to me. Some of that can be chalked up to improving over 2 and a half years; but the game feels tinkered to death right now (incl pve).

Pretty much, a grenade every 24secs is dumb esp with their tag distance, chuck in fusion grenades which someone throws out of there arse when they're one shot to trade it gets tiring and anywhere inside 30/40ms a jug can close the gap and shotgun you in the face

Did you see this? https://twitter.com/SirDimetrious/status/816782909885399040

that's awesome.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Discord Announcements

Hey all, just some stuff here about the DGAF Discord to keep in mind in advance of the actual launch. For anyone who doesn't know, Discord is essentially a community chatroom with a bunch of different channels, from fully off-topic stuff to LFG to spoiler territory. It also has voice chat capabilities, which will be extremely handy when the PC version rolls around.

If you would like to join the Discord, there is a link in the OT you can quote to see. Feel free to come check it out!

Notes:

1) While DGAF as a community offshoot of NeoGAF doesn't and cannot moderate this thread, the Discord is totally operated by a few of us and is (lightly) moderated by DGAF member mods. There are simple rules which you'll see upon first joining (which are totally non-controversial in my opinion) and of the basic "don't be a dick" nature. Still, especially with a potentially large influx of new/first-time players joining us, please make sure to read them.

2) When you first join you will be directed to the #role-management channel and asked to set a role (XBOX, PS4, PC, or No_LFG_Notifications). These roles enable you to receive notifications from anyone who uses @ that role. This is useful in the #lfg channel to form an immediate fireteam. This is the PRIMARY function of these roles and these notifications cannot be suppressed in any way. If you want to receive all LFG message notifications for your platform, then you're good. If not, what you should do is go back to #role_management and have your role removed and set the No_LFG_Notifications role. You can still access and view the #lfg channel when you need a group.

Volume at launch is going to be extremely high. We are trying to avoid people being inundated with notification spam without realizing why when the game comes out. Personally I'm going to just mute my phone, and see how it goes, but I definitely know some of you will prefer not to get the spam. After things die down you can always ask to have the role added again if you want.

3) Regarding spoilers: there is a spoiler channel called #d2_spoiler_zone within which you can talk about anything you want without fear. Outside of that channel, please use your best judgment. At least with regard to the story and raid spoilers specifically, let's see if we can make it a week for the Campaign and two weeks for the Raid before we discuss that stuff openly because not everyone will be playing the game at the same pace or starting right at launch, but they still want to be able to come to the community for help or to find groups. Similarly, please use spoiler tags in the OT. A good rule: if you have to wonder whether or not something might be considered a spoiler, just tag/spoiler channel it. :p

4) Finally, a note on the role of Discord and the title of this thread: Discord is used for a high-intensity chatroom, a way to stay connected to DGAF whenever you want (Discord has a full-featured mobile app), a way to find people who are also online at the exact moment you are looking for a group, and memes (whether you wanted them or not. /zavala).

It is not DGAF itself. People who choose not to use the Discord are no less a part of this community, and people who do use it are not a special subset of this community with greater privileges. We are one community and DGAF exists in the connections made between the Guardians reading this, shooting aliens and helping one another; it is not any one platform of communication. For my part, I'll be spending most of my time in the early phases of D2 in this thread.

Concerns have been raised, both tongue-in-cheek and serious, about exclusivity and cliques within the community. I have no patience for any of that. The thing is that we are a gigantic community. Not everyone is gonna get along 100% of the time. And it's worth keeping in mind that what may be easily mistaken for a clique might very well be actual friendship- some of us have known each other for literally 3 years or more now and become quite close. But everyone is welcome, whether it's your first minute here or your 2500th hour of game time.

--

That's all! See you starside, Guardians.

Many thanks floor helping knock out the quest, in one fell swoop. I think you're awesome and this forum post, reminded me of your help:

"In that instant I realized that it's easy to get off path in this game, its easy to expect to much and to easy to forget that we are also here to help other people out. Gaming is meant to be that escape from everything else in life we get fed up with and frustrated with. The game is not about Ice Breakers Gallarhorns and doing challenge mode, its much more than that"

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/219663234?sort=0&page=0

Though I am adult, and have had off and on periods with destiny, the quest was proving dire without your goodwill.

Saturday. Still locking down a time but will post signups soon.

Speaking of which I got a sign-up (without a date or time posted yet, so I don't know if they can actually make it) from PSN ID: TheCthultist with no GAF ID. The name looks familiar but I don't think I've run with them previously. Does anyone recognize the name?

Hmm I might be able to assist depending on the time.

Angry Guy

Is there a Crota's End raid happening soon? Year 1 returning player here. I want to get into the Taken King content so I can get my new subclass, but not without it making sense that Oryx is showing up because he's pissed I ganked his son.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So awesome you got it done, you guys offering to help are all badasses.
Is there a Crota's End raid happening soon? Year 1 returning player here. I want to get into the Taken King content so I can get my new subclass, but not without it making sense that Oryx is showing up because he's pissed I ganked his son.
After this week (WotM raid on Saturday), I will be returning to rotating each week between the raids. So next week would be VoG, then Crota's End the week after. But I could do CE first instead of you wanna chop him up. :)

123rl

What console? I'm on Xbox if you want to run Crota's End this weekend.

Angry Guy

After this week (WotM raid on Saturday), I will be returning to rotating each week between the raids. So next week would be VoG, then Crota's End the week after. But I could do CE first instead of you wanna chop him up. :)

That'd be much appreciated, but I dunno if I can be patient for a week, haha. If I don't give in to temptation or round up a fireteam before then, sure!

BTW, it's cool to see you're still around. I was a little disappointed I didn't see any Hawkian tutorials in the OP like back in Vanilla.

What console? I'm on Xbox if you want to run Crota's End this weekend.

PS4. :/ Thanks for the offer, though!

Joba62x

Neo Member
I just got my Prime last night, spent 3 nights and a ton of time on LFG but finally got it done. Had to do a few steps twice so I could get people I found on LFG to where I was and then they helped me move forward. Yesterday all I needed was to kill one raid boss and it took 3 groups before I could get the kill, then I hung with them to 5-man Vosik the 2 more times they needed then did the last step moving the lone titan from party to party.

Can't wait to try it.

Had all my shiva clusters disappear on me, such bullshit after all this time they still didnt do anything about that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That'd be much appreciated, but I dunno if I can be patient for a week, haha. If I don't give in to temptation or round up a fireteam before then, sure!

BTW, it's cool to see you're still around. I was a little disappointed I didn't see any Hawkian tutorials in the OP like back in Vanilla.
Hehe. CE these days can be run with a fraction of a fireteam easily. So if you wanted to try and put one together tonight or... hmmm, Sunday afternoon, I'd be down!

And thanks for that :> Yeah, for better or worse, most of the systems and rewards in Destiny have been streamlined to the point that there's no need for big ol' guides to progression anymore. You can pretty much just play the content you feel like playing and grind forward at this point.

Angry Guy

Hehe. CE these days can be run with a fraction of a fireteam easily. So if you wanted to try and put one together tonight or... hmmm, Sunday afternoon, I'd be down!

Yeah, that'd be great. I'd like to run the Sword if at all possible, but my Gunslinger's only at 28 so I can settle for...not. I'll try to get up to 29 at the very least ASAP, or I can pop my spark of light that I was saving.

Does my gear matter? I'm averaging around 150 light right now, I still have all my raid gear from the Vault.

EDIT: Hit 31.

So awesome you got it done, you guys offering to help are all badasses.

I am down for a CE hard mode...If the Ahamkara are kind he will drop the crux.

Also I definitely want to do Kings fall when that comes up. I think my one and only time in there was a newbie raid you led.

Dawning book completed & IB get on the same night. I can go back to just playing Trials on the weekends again finally.

C1c4k94VEAAvjej.jpg

C1c4icMVQAAE9gG.jpg

No weekly update this week? Too busy playing Overwatch I guess.

No - they made a new years post saying next update will be 2017-01-12.

Anyone feel like running the nightfall or some crucible? Stuck at home all night with nothing better to do and no reason to get up early tomorrow.

lunlunqq

Would anyone be kind enough to help me run a few exotic quest missions? all of my year 2 exotic quests are stuck on the last step for over a year is because I couldn't find a team to help me. It would be great if I can at least get the swords tonight. I have all 3 of them on a single character. PSN: lunlunqq.

What is the end all be all primary weapon to get right now? PVE, PVP?

How do you obtain it? I farmed imagoo for weeks only to be disappointed with my decent rolled version.

Would anyone be kind enough to help me run a few exotic quest missions? all of my year 2 exotic quests are stuck on the last step for over a year is because I couldn't find a team to help me. It would be great if I can at least get the swords tonight. I have all 3 of them on a single character. PSN: lunlunqq.

I'll run them if you still need someone. TheCthultist on psn

Shiv47

What is the end all be all primary weapon to get right now? PVE, PVP?

How do you obtain it? I farmed imagoo for weeks only to be disappointed with my decent rolled version.
Unless you're worried about top level play, use whatever suits your playstyle and that you enjoy using. The meta has been fast firing pulses for a while now, and Clever Dragon from the last couple Iron Banners was the most recent flavor of the month. Otherwise, Mida is always a safe bet in the scout rifle family.

Game is really dead tonight. Like, only two other people playing dead.

I'm about to infuse this 3 def legendary armour with something else.
It has nodes for intellect and discipline, but the thing I want to infuse it with has int/str, will the nodes stay int/dis after infusion or does it adopt whatever types the infused had?

Mindlog

I'm about to infuse this 3 def legendary armour with something else.
It has nodes for intellect and discipline, but the thing I want to infuse it with has int/str, will the nodes stay int/dis after infusion or does it adopt whatever types the infused had?
The nodes never change. Infuse away!

Random opinion question: if VoG and CE return in April, should the primaries keep elemental damage? If they do, should elements be added to Kings Fall and WoTM primaries and if so, how should they be handled for those currently in the wild?

Me, I'm hoping the raids return and the weapons keep their elemental damage. I feel it was a poor idea to remove it. As for current raid weapons without it, the easy way out would be a static element for each primary. I actually think it would be cooler to have each primary roll a random element and those with the weapons can turn them in at the gunsmith and choose one of the element rolls.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bungie said they no likey elemental primaries. But I think they would also be lazy and just leave those as is but the future, no more. Fang was my favorite scout for it's time.

I'm not too sure but it sounds like Destiny 2 has that RE6 vibe going for it right now. I hope it isn't. Don't mind if they delay it to make it better. I'd rather have a good game taking it's time coming out than the other way around. Far too many games are like that these days.

Question regarding the swords and their upgrades, considering the upgrades are exotic, would it be a better idea to infuse the sword as high as I can before upgrading it to the exotic version?

Or do the stats reset on upgrade?

Shiv47

Question regarding the swords and their upgrades, considering the upgrades are exotic, would it be a better idea to infuse the sword as high as I can before upgrading it to the exotic version?

Or do the stats reset on upgrade?
Only infuse swords as high as needed to start the questline for the exotic one. You'll never use the legendary versions again, once you get the exotics. They're separate weapons, so you have to level them up each time you get one.

Only infuse swords as high as needed to start the questline for the exotic one. You'll never use the legendary versions again, once you get the exotics. They're separate weapons, so you have to level them up each time you get one.

Oh I see, I thought it was an actual upgrade, thanks.

Mindlog

I need this trophy if anyone can please help me out. PSN: Netguy503. Thanks in advance. :)
Oh no I missed the bell train! Some other time.
Missed these.

Pretty sure the bells can be rung with as few as two people. I'd be happy to help. Might be on tomorrow will likely be on Saturday. Post up some times that are good for you.

Hrm if there are a lot of people I can probably get a list going. Only takes a second to get the timing down between Bell 1 and the others.

FyreWulff

Random opinion question: if VoG and CE return in April, should the primaries keep elemental damage? If they do, should elements be added to Kings Fall and WoTM primaries and if so, how should they be handled for those currently in the wild?

Me, I'm hoping the raids return and the weapons keep their elemental damage. I feel it was a poor idea to remove it. As for current raid weapons without it, the easy way out would be a static element for each primary. I actually think it would be cooler to have each primary roll a random element and those with the weapons can turn them in at the gunsmith and choose one of the element rolls.

Pretty sure if this was a thing they wouldn't come back with elemental. They would have Vex/Hive burns on em or influence some part of a raid mechanic.

Kukawaki

Anyone fancy a nightfall? PSN same as here

Edit: Damn, I miss SRL.

Edit32: one spot left :)

Edit3: Done! Thanks a lot Lyzarc! Sorry for scrubbing :(

Kukawaki

You can still do SRL. It's buried in Private Crucible Matches.

Quests don't work any more though. No idea if the shaders or emblems drop either.

Yeah, I know, it's just not the same without the matchmaking. Unless I don't understand something about priv matches..

Top Bottom