• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Man that was some of the most fun I've ever had with Destiny! Hawk, Kuku, Sturg, all you guys are AWESOME...

My wife got a ton of stuff (figures, she would lol) and ironically a lot of her armor has triangles in it!!!

GGS fellas...

Thanks for sticking it out with us newbies!

lunlunqq

Can anybody help me run a black spindle quest? Heard it's really good. PSN: lunlunqq.
Edit: Kadey already agreed to help. Just need a third.

Looking for a Warlock and a Hunter to complete the Outbreak Prime Quest!

I would also like to train a bit in Trials. Went flawless in year 2, but this year I haven't been able to win more than 4 rounds. I would like to play with someone who could teach me how to play better.

And finally, I'm looking for a group for the Nightfall.

Anyone interested in doing any of these?

Any Guardians here interested in helping me through my first run of Wrath of the Machine on Xbox One? I haven't done it yet but I have run all of Destiny's other activities and raids extensively. Over a thousand hours played. Just drifted away during RoI and now I'm looking to get it done.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So i'm thinking of picking up the complete edition for PS4 to enjoy the leveling and exploration experience. Seems the community is still healthy for this right? At least til Destiny 2 comes out?

Thx a lot!

Hey sorry for missing these messages last night as I would have helped. Did you end up getting it?

I remember getting it last February. I ended up getting in late and found a kind soul on Gaf. I feel bad because I cant remember the Gaffer who helped me and put up with me not being geared right (I dont remember if I had the sword which helps a lot). It got to the point where he pulled his microphone out. It was like a half hour before reset and we got it done. Got Spindle and the ship.

No Time to Explain is way, way easier as long as you can handle jumping puzzles.

So i'm thinking of picking up the complete edition for PS4 to enjoy the leveling and exploration experience. Seems the community is still healthy for this right? At least til Destiny 2 comes out?
Well it's a little slow, at least on neogaf. If your flying solo you'll at least get matchmaking for strikes and crucible. Hawkian still does noobie raids when you get to that point. But if you need help let us know

Any Guardians here interested in helping me through my first run of Wrath of the Machine on Xbox One? I haven't done it yet but I have run all of Destiny's other activities and raids extensively. Over a thousand hours played. Just drifted away during RoI and now I'm looking to get it done.

Were you the person asking in Discord? Rapidly running out of time in which I can safely start with work in the morning.

lunlunqq

Hey sorry for missing these messages last night as I would have helped. Did you end up getting it?

I remember getting it last February. I ended up getting in late and found a kind soul on Gaf. I feel bad because I cant remember the Gaffer who helped me and put up with me not being geared right (I dont remember if I had the sword which helps a lot). It got to the point where he pulled his microphone out. It was like a half hour before reset and we got it done. Got Spindle and the ship.

No Time to Explain is way, way easier as long as you can handle jumping puzzles.
No problem. I got it last night. Now I'm only missing the Doris that require the raids and the CoE. Hopefully I will find a group that can do these activities in late evenings and get those done.

Hey sorry mind and Kasey. Ended up finding a 3rd on LFG site before you both wrote back. With the third I think we ended up finishing in like 10m.

Edit: Luckily LUN, CoE is stupidly quick now. In fact the hardest part is making sure you go slow enough to hit 30k points the first go around. I might start casually farming it as I heard the HoJ pulse you get from rep has some pretty great rolls. Speeding through CoE I think is the fastest way to get rep compared to normal POE.

For collectors: NS22 and NS66 are being sold by Amanda. Now she just needs to sell the CX20 in 3 days and my purchasable ship collection will be complete.

lunlunqq

Hey sorry mind and Kasey. Ended up finding a 3rd on LFG site before you both wrote back. With the third I think we ended up finishing in like 10m.

Edit: Luckily LUN, CoE is stupidly quick now. In fact the hardest part is making sure you go slow enough to hit 30k points the first go around. I might start casually farming it as I heard the HoJ pulse you get from rep has some pretty great rolls. Speeding through CoE I think is the fastest way to get rep compared to normal POE.

For collectors: NS22 and NS66 are being sold by Amanda. Now she just needs to sell the CX20 in 3 days and my purchasable ship collection will be complete.

That's good to hear. Want to form up and do the CoM some time soon? I'm on pretty much every night at around 9:30PM EST.

Number45

Is there any way to get the Event Horizon other than crucible rank ups? Really want to try to get a better roll than the vendor one but I don't ever seem to get it drop. :(

Same for 1KYS - just from cryptarch packages right?

LTWood12

Is there any way to get the Event Horizon other than crucible rank ups? Really want to try to get a better roll than the vendor one but I don't ever seem to get it drop. :(

Same for 1KYS - just from cryptarch packages right?

Purple or (in rare cases) blue special weapon engrams.

Iron Banner should be back tomorrow, IB Clash to be exact.

Although the fact that Bungie hasn't said anything about it could be a sign, it may not come back until the week after.

V1ctIm

Neo Member

Although the fact that Bungie hasn't said anything about it could be a sign, it may not come back until the week after.
Kind of miss the days of IB Control. Still, always good to have an excuse to come back. Really have gotten away from Destiny of late with all the amazing games out now and coming soon. Likely it'll stay that way until Sept or so for me. ;)

Last year the first IB was on the 26th January, if we have a weekly inane rambling from Deej this week I guess it will be next week

I just checked the Trials figures...it seems to have stabilised at just under 300k accounts playing per week. Has been between 270-300k for the last 5 weeks in a row.

I thought it would keep dropping, as it gets harder and harder to go flawless, but looks like there is a hardcore prepared to duke it out regardless.

Fair play to them :thumbsup:

Iron Banner NEEDS to be Supremacy. It's the only good IB. It'll be Clash if they continue the pattern since it was Sup -> Control -> Rift (terrible) -> TBD [Clash?].

I'll only play if there are good rolls on gear that I care about.

Anyways, I truly hope they balance the heck out of this game next patch. Even year 2 PvP was way more fast paced. Makes me sad how much fun it used to be. Sprint Lock needs to be a perm fix and Artifacts needs to be PvE only.

Skorri's, Sticky nades, Jugg Titans, Stormcaller melee, shotguns and lack of primary power makes for the worst meta ever.

Number45

I can't hate on the last IB just because of the vendor roll Distant Star. Love that gun in PvP - it's so easy to train and keep on the noggin'.

Skorri's, Sticky nades, Jugg Titans, Stormcaller melee, shotguns and lack of primary power makes for the worst meta ever.
Can't argue with this. I'm trying to make a point of avoiding everything that I hate getting killed by. Not sure I'm helping with Shinobu skips though...

Top Bottom