• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

So I haven't been paying so much attention to the meta since Rise of Iron hit. What guns should I be looking to obtain? I have quite a collection but I don't know what's good or bad anymore.

Also, for Wrath of the Machine: Ghallajorn or Black Spindle?

Sky Walker

NF this week is stressful. I bet it's more stressful if you don't have a self-res in the fire team. Fucking shanks.

But alas, 13-1 IB baby !

I still can help people for the NF, I have 2 more alts with sunrise bounty.

Psn skywalker_3li

I would say ghorn because it's dps machine + adds controller + captains killer, also Spindle can be replaced by Ex Machina.

So I haven't been paying so much attention to the meta since Rise of Iron hit. What guns should I be looking to obtain? I have quite a collection but I don't know what's good or bad anymore.

Gjallarhorn for captains and random boss DPS when you have rockets. DarkDrinker is completely OP against Aksis if you happen to have it, but you can do the fight fine without it.

Exotic solar sword is also very good for bursting the captains if you have that as well.

Wretched Eye is so poorly designed, probably the worst strike in the game. I've lost count of how many times randoms have quit on me because of multiple wipes at Kovik.

LTWood12

Wretched Eye is so poorly designed, probably the worst strike in the game. I've lost count of how many times randoms have quit on me because of multiple wipes at Kovik.

You don't like inexplicably invincible ogres?
Kappa

Yeah it's bad. I'd argue SABER gives it a run for its money.

What guns should I be looking to obtain?

#1 is IB pulse (Clever Dragon) with HCR.

Like hand cannons? Vendor Palindrome if you don't have a good Eyasluna.
Like ARs? IB AR if you don't have another good high RoF AR.
Vendor or random Event Horizon or Devil's Dawn from various strikes (they are all the same except for element).
But Not Forgotten sniper from Archon's Forge can be good.
Vendor Wormwood is a great sidearm.

Depending on the fight and your role, you're likely to need a reliable way of quickly dropping major captains (super or exotic sword > rocket launcher > LMG > non-sniper special) and do DPS to the boss (sniper, Sleeper, Ghorn, or for the final boss an exotic sword is the best option).

And by exotic sword, I just mean Dark Drinker or Raze Lighter; former is better for the boss, latter for the captains.

But the raid is flexible with loadouts you can run, so use whatever.

Going on Week 3 without Destiny. It's pretty good. I was at the cusp of getting burned out while I was grinding for 400, so this break has been nice.

Mindlog

I can join you for them

Edit: On second thought maybe not, fuck Wretched Eye hahaha
Appreciated the help. Yeah, Wretched Eye isn't too bad without the burns.

*I lost 10+ skeleton keys.
5 on my Warlock.
1 on my Warlock's Postmaster.
The entire batch that was in my Vault.

Nice.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Am I really the only person who thinks the first curse/ace of spades are pretty good in pvp? I know someone else out there uses them. no?.. ok..

Am I really the only person who thinks the first curse/ace of spades are pretty good in pvp? I know someone else out there uses them. no?.. ok..

I loved using Ace of Spades in combination with Gunslinger's Trance and Chain of Woe in PvE, I'm sure they would work well with Pvp as well.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I loved using Ace of Spades in combination with Gunslinger's Trance and Chain of Woe in PvE, I'm sure they would work well with Pvp as well.

First Curse has basically become my default pvp primary. I know it sounds weird but with so much impact and aim assist I really think it's being slept on. Both have fairly deceptive range for HC's too. I've been doing very well with both of them. Hell I do better with both than with the palindrome.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's why I jump onto the rock. Keeps the ogre busy. Just make sure to keep priest from shooting at me. It's not that hard once you get the hang of it. Doesn't get crazy until Ogre goes nuts but that's why I shoot him and get his attention again.

FinKL

I mean there are only 5 encounters and Gjallarhorn is what everyone used to start when the raid first hit. If you are confident in your shot for crits Sleeper if not, fail safe is Gjallarhorn. Here's my choices:

1) Vosik - 1 = Spindle
2) Vosik - 2 = Spindle+Super the captain (if you don't use your super on captain I use Gjallarhorn/Sword/Sleeper for captain)
3) Siege - Dark Drinker or Gjallarhorn (when the adds drop, you want to wipe them ASAP before they spread around)
4) Aksis - 1 = Exotic Sword or Gjallahorn/Sleeper whatever helps you drop high HP/shielded captain
5) Aksis - 2 = Dark Drinker (drops that high HP captain and most DPS means less chance for error if there are less repetitions.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Whenever I go into a strike and see someone alone I feel sorry for em. You know they have nobody else to play with and despite that they are still going on.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It is what it is is what it do.

ghghghgh82026.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This Nightfall is impossible. What the hell. The Ogre won't stop chasing you long enough for you to aim at Kovik.

Ogre person jumps on rock on the right and get his attention the whole time. Once in a while that person can do some shooting if any random enemy or the priest gets into view. Don't let the priest lock onto you though because it could mean death if you aren't behind cover. The other two should also focus on him and enemies that appear. Once Ogre aggros, get his attention again and repeat.

Melchiah

Finally got all three characters to 400LL.

I could have done it earlier by just giving some of the Hunter's weapons to Warlock, but I wanted to level up each character's weapons, so I don't need to use the mobile app for constant switching.

Now that I got Tlaloc at 400, I have to try how it's with Sunsinger & Starfire Protocol combo. Tried 400 Telesto yesterday with the Hunter, and it seems like a fun weapon in Void Burn strikes.

Top Bottom