• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Woorloog

Banned
Agreed!

I've been playing D3 this week due to the Diablo 1 event. So much good loot. Never a duplicate.

What?
I keep getting the same, useless crap over and over in Diablo 3, regardless of how i get it (upgrading rares or drops anywhere). At the moment i'm only storing ancient versions of stuff for later study and in hopes of getting full ancient gear. (And i wish there was something to automatically and instantly convert anything less than a legendary into crafting mats.)

Sure doesn't seem to be terribly rewarding.
I mean, sure, i get stuff, but it is bad stuff pretty much constantly.

Personally i prefer good loot to be rare but when it drops, it should be useful and good (and an upgrade, nothing worse than finding something cool only to realize it is useless junk). Though admittedly in a multiplayer-loot game loot can't be too rare, because otherwise lucky and/or long-term players get massive advantages.

darthbob

BWU is up.

”What's the next stop on our journey?"

”When do we learn about the future?"

For starters, you haven't heard the last from the Live Team at Bungie. They're hard at work on another content update that will give you new reasons to fight. Before renewed orders from the Vanguard arrive, there will be a batch of fixes for some issues you've been talking about.

In the meantime, there are skirmishes to fight – mostly against each other.

Destiny Hotfix 2.5.0.1
Following the launch of The Dawning, we have actively monitored reports of issues introduced with Destiny Update 2.5.0. Thanks to all who posted a report to the #Help forum, the following issues will be addressed by Destiny Hotfix 2.5.0.1, which will become available at 9:30 AM Pacific on Tuesday January 17th, 2017.
  1. Some Patrol missions in the Plaguelands are not reliably causing enemies to drop their respective objective items
  2. Xûr's ”Curio" inventory varies on a weekly basis, due to a limitation of his inventory space
  3. Weapon Stability on the Nova Mortis and Abbadon Exotic Machine Guns is inconsistent
No Skeleton Key Fix in this update, will come in a later update. :'(

pablito

So I stumbled across some skeleton keys for the first time. Should I be saving these for a higher light level? I'm wondering if it's like engrams where when you unlock them, they'll be level appropriate. Or if I should just use them now. I'm 360 light.

Shiv47

So I stumbled across some skeleton keys for the first time. Should I be saving these for a higher light level? I'm wondering if it's like engrams where when you unlock them, they'll be level appropriate. Or if I should just use them now. I'm 360 light.
Save them till you're nearing 400, they're linked to your light level like other drops, unless a specific strike has a slot you really need to upgrade. Or just do what feels right, there's no right or wrong in this, just time expended...

They're LL appropriate, each character can only hold 5 and to put them in the vault you have to visit a social space, so if you have five you might as well use one. There's lists around of what each chest can cough up.

Deku Tree

So Crimson Microtransaction Dayz2? Plus a balance patch. The maybe an April update? Then if we're lucky D2 at e3 with an PS4 Pro exclusive alpha and later a beta?

Was just looking through my raid history, and found my first raid completion. Looks like I carried Mr. Colonel through the raid. You're welcome buddy, HA!!

http://destinytracker.com/dg/854661552

ozR9nzd.png

Hmm, been a way this week on D3 with the Diablo 1 event and new season. Saw the BWU...not sure about this coming IB. I need to look up more on the sidearm and rocket laucnher, but I might skip this round. I really want that damn hand cannon and really thought it would be this coming one (auto rifle, pulse, scout, HC should have been next).

Anyone have and use either of the weapons and want to sell me? Depending on the content/encounter I have been using the vendor MG from two IBs ago (I really love it and wish I had a roll just like it in the other elements). I dont tend to use sidearms, though I have used Trespasser and the raid one recently for PVP And PVE content respectively. Should I be excited to grind in the next IB?

Y1 Destiny stories?

I played solo. Completely solo. Started on day one and ran into the ground once I hit level 26. Could not progress from there, no raids or anything. Left the game and came back at the end of HoW. Met other players from my country, got real good, been grinding ever since. Currently running a guild, but people are dropping off fast.

I still play solo, other then looking for nightfalls on here. Only reason I have a raid clear is from when No Time to Explain first came out and everyone was going for it. Probably why I play so hard and then get burnt out and quit fast. I go from grinding strikes all day to just dropping the game.

Toxi

Banned
I just received the game on PS4 from a friend and I bought Taken King. Love the feel of combat. It's really fun, despite using ADS. Started with Hunter.

Is being overleveled a thing? I'm just playing through the story missions and one Strike and I'm already quite a bit over the recommended level for story stuff.

Deku Tree

I would buy a switch if I could play a portable Destiny 2 and have a cross save between versions of the game on different hardware. Kinda like the way FFXIV works between PSN and PC.

FyreWulff

I would buy a switch if I could play a portable Destiny 2 and have a cross save between versions of the game on different hardware. Kinda like the way FFXIV works between PSN and PC.

shake the joycon to feel the engrams you have and see what they are

they're all Mark of Six Fronts

lunlunqq

I just received the game on PS4 from a friend and I bought Taken King. Love the feel of combat. It's really fun, despite using ADS. Started with Hunter.

Is being overleveled a thing? I'm just playing through the story missions and one Strike and I'm already quite a bit over the recommended level for story stuff.

Glad to hear that you are having fun. You cannot be "over-leveled" in this game. If you are under-leveled, you will be at disadvantage against the enemies. If your level is higher than the recommended level, however, the game will cap your stats at the level as the enemies. Your advantage at a higher level will mainly be your access to a larger selection of gears and perks.

Toxi

Banned
Glad to hear that you are having fun. You cannot be "over-leveled" in this game. If you are under-leveled, you will be at disadvantage against the enemies. If your level is higher than the recommended level, however, the game will cap your stats at the level as the enemies. Your advantage at a higher level will mainly be your access to a larger selection of gears and perks.
Oh, that's awesome.

Melchiah

Good choice. The most fun to play class for me, especially with Nigthstalker sub-class. Gotta love the quick movement, double/triple/quad jump, and of course the capes. If you come across with Fr0st-EE5 exotic boots, I recommend to try them with Memory of Jolder rune. They make the movement even better.

stay gold

That feeling when you're waiting for a 'balance patch' you already know is going to be garbage. The skill gap in this game is practically non-existent right now, spam weapons everywhere, theres barely any requirement to hit crits, Skorri has made shit super central. It's so boring.

Bring back 2 tapping in the form of low RoF Hand Cannons & Pulse Rifles (technically Spare Change can do this already, but it does require your opponent to be an actual corpse). High risk, high reward.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
By overwhelming demand, the Newbie Raid tomorrow will be Crota's End.

This is a quick one, so feel free to join up if you have never run CE or just want to help. If we have a full group and everyone is high Light, we may very well go for Hard Mode. Otherwise, NM can be completed reasonably one or two people missing.

(4 spots remaining)

Shiv47

This is a quick one, so feel free to join up if you have never run CE or just want to help. If we have a full group and everyone is high Light, we may very well go for Hard Mode. Otherwise, NM can be completed reasonably one or two people missing.

(4 spots remaining)
My son signed up, as I figured doing the newbie raid was easier than me trying to carry him through it by myself. If you need another hand during it, I can be available.

(4 spots remaining)

Figures when its CE Hard Mode I cant make it. Curses!

Good luck all!

The bounties you get from Efradeet can drop anything from the IB loot pool. Post match rewards can only drop what she's selling for marks.
OK so the loot bungie posted is what's for sale next week?

Also I just got a occam's razor with reinforced barrel and rangefinder, those are good for pve right?

Top Bottom