• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Nevermind, just going to return the game.

You picked it up when the playbase is the smallest. If you want to familiarize with Destiny before Destiny 2 then there's really no better time than now while people still play and there are so many avenues to level up now. There most likely won't be any more "major" expansions before Destiny 2 so now would be the ideal time.

PS4 playerbase is the biggest compared to XBOX so you also have that going. If you enjoy PvP especially.

Sorry, ps4

9RPptVx.jpg

Zen Aku

You picked it up when the playbase is the smallest. If you want to familiarize with Destiny before Destiny 2 then there's really no better time than now while people still play and there are so many avenues to level up now. There most likely won't be any more "major" expansions before Destiny 2 so now would be the ideal time.

PS4 playerbase is the biggest compared to XBOX so you also have that going. If you enjoy PvP especially.

Eh I'm not crazy about PvP. But I do like doing raids though. That was a fun aspect from the beta, the co-op.

Roughly how many people still play this game on the PS4?

Eh I'm not crazy about PvP. But I do like doing raids though. That was a fun aspect from the beta, the co-op.

Roughly how many people still play this game on the PS4?

Hardly any, but still enough to do a raid if you want to. Sign up for a newbie raid with Hawkian, they always get great reviews and it will probably be worth the money you've spent all on its own :)

When people are saying hardly any, you have to remember that this is in relation to how many uses to. It is still probably one of the more well populated online games. However because the playerbase is fragmented across so much content it can feel very small. Especially if you are playing solo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The hardcore will continue to play every now and then, the top tier hardcore will play all the time. Population isn't actually small overall but with the way matchmaking and how everything works it makes it seem so.
Last session we played a group of people, waited in orbit after the match for several minutes and got matched up with them again. Not once but several times.

Melchiah

The hardcore will continue to play every now and then, the top tier hardcore will play all the time. Population isn't actually small overall but with the way matchmaking and how everything works it makes it seem so.
Last session we played a group of people, waited in orbit after the match for several minutes and got matched up with them again. Not once but several times.

I've never had to wait long when playing strikes, so I wonder if the PVP pool has decreased, or if it's got something to do with location (I live in Finland).

Dthomp

Well going to do a few strikes while I wait and hope to find 2 guardians to run NF x 3 with. Shoot me a PSN message if you want to do this or help (Dthomp)

Deku Tree

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45604/7_Destiny-Hotfix---11717

Destiny Hotfix - 1/17/17
0h - Destiny Dev Team
2.5.0.1 The one after The Dawning

Activities
Fixed an issue where the items required to complete Plaguelands Patrols were not dropping

Economy
Fixed an issue that prevented some players from purchasing SRL Momentum gear from the Holiday Collection
Fixed an issue with the Snow Dreg and Felwinter Souvenir consumables not recovering to Postmaster
Fixed an issue where not all of Xûr's Curios were being sold, including Three of Coins

Crucible
Added invisible physics and kill volumes to stop players from getting out of the intended playable space on:
Blind Watch
The Burning Shrine
Cathedral of Dusk
The Cauldron
The Drifter
The Dungeons
Exodus Blue
Floating Gardens
Frontier
Memento
Skyline
Timekeeper
Vertigo

Sandbox
Fixed an issue with the recoil stat on Abbadon and Nova Mortis

NullMoon

Neo Member
So haven't played Iron Banner since ROI came out. How does the new bounty system work? Are these bounties that are up today Daily or weekly? When I complete them should I turn them in or hold off until near the end of Iron Banner.

Number45

So I would imagine the next 'significant' update will come next month with crimson doubles, and maybe we'll get some weapon/class balance along with it? Then a beefier update in April to see us through to a planned September launch for Destiny 2?

So haven't played Iron Banner since ROI came out. How does the new bounty system work? Are these bounties that are up today Daily or weekly? When I complete them should I turn them in or hold off until near the end of Iron Banner.
One set of bounties per character per event now. I don't think it matters when you turn them in, and when you're done with them you'll need match wins to grind to rank 5 (because you get zero rep for a loss) if the rank 5 vendor weapon is worthwhile.

Top Bottom