• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

NullMoon

Neo Member
So I would imagine the next 'significant' update will come next month with crimson doubles, and maybe we'll get some weapon/class balance along with it? Then a beefier update in April to see us through to a planned September launch for Destiny 2?

One set of bounties per character per event now. I don't think it matters when you turn them in, and when you're done with them you'll need match wins to grind to rank 5 (because you get zero rep for a loss) if the rank 5 vendor weapon is worthwhile.
Awesome, thanks for the information.

Awesome, thanks for the information.

You also have a quest line (with loot!) once per character if you haven't done IB with that character yet.

Is it the Supremacy gametype this time around?

Edit: I see it's Control, I'll take a gigantic pass on that.

No, it's Clash. And Clash, Clash, without any silly waypoints or shiny orbs or sparkling lights in the middle that distract people when it's the other Clash game types.

the210

So why is Destiny the only game that doesn't update on its own? It sucks to boot it up only to see I have to wait a few hours to play. Anyway I'm sitting at 372 whats the best way to level up if you aren't a raider?
Did I read correctly that Icebreaker is back?

No, it's Clash. And Clash, Clash, without any silly waypoints or shiny orbs or sparkling lights in the middle that distract people when it's the other Clash game types.

Odd, under Destiny's activity page it list it as "Iron Banner Control" but I see they said it was going to be Clash in their weekly update.

So why is Destiny the only game that doesn't update on its own? It sucks to boot it up only to see I have to wait a few hours to play. Anyway I'm sitting at 372 whats the best way to level up if you aren't a raider?

All I got was a 2.42 MB update on Xbox One.

Dthomp

Icebreaker is back as a potential reward when turning in the weekly Sunrise bounty from Zavala.

Heroic/Siva strike playlist is easiest way to nudge up to 385, along with using 3 of coins for exotic chances above that.

You can also PVP for weapon/ghost drops.

Archons Forge is good for guns/armor up to 385, and ghosts and artifacts up to 400.

Dthomp

Hope it was worth that contract you made with the RNG gods :p

Time will tell, thanks to you and Shiv for the semi-smooth NF runs. Can tell I haven't played a ton lately lots of bad deaths :)

Rewards weren't terrible, got Icebreaker from my first Sunrise of the week, also got 4th Horsemen, Invective and Apotheosis Veil as rewards for end of mission. So 3 more Exotic Shards there.

Also got a How Dare You HC with Sureshot, Hot Swap, Rifled and Luck in the Chamber so that could be fun

Mindlog

Want to do two more, but can't right now. Maybe in another hour.

Thanks for the run! RNG blessed me with a really bad shotgun. I could really use a really bad arc rocket launcher.

shermas

Nightfall was fun this week... spamming Arc Rockets and using the Tresspasser was good times.

On my 3rd completion, I turned in my Sun-whatever bounty and nothing popped up... but my Ice Breaker was waiting for me at the postmaster. I already had the white skin for it, as well. Looks pretty slick.

I hadn't done ANY nightfalls the last two weeks.... pretty good luck to get the breaker to drop today.

Mindlog

Anyone for a Nightfall train or is that off the rails and burning in a canyon?

Empyrean Bellicose + 4th Horseman is pretty strong against the Nightfall boss this week.
Solo, Speed Run, Sunset Gold achieved. (After a few false starts.)
Icebreaker - Not Achieved. 0-however many we're on.

Shiv47

I feel like it's all downhill from here. First IB match, the scrub level must have been amazing to do this:
t6FwvdO.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That was a fun train. It feels like it's been ages since last IB. Clash is the worst of them all. Didn't really run into campers except for a few people unlike like IB clash.

You cannot.

ghghghghfec45.gif

Magik

This IB has to be the worst in a long time. The weapons are terrible and the armor perk/stat is identical to the IB they were offered last time.

HI guys, it's been a while since I was on the Destiny train. I left off after completing pretty much everything in TTK (spitting distance from max light).

Is there enough here to really warrant the purchase, especially this late in the cycle? I dropped Destiny for WoW and PoE, but am looking to add another game to the rotation now that I've kinda capped out in both of those. Reviews are mixed for this, so I wanted to get opinions from the people who are still active in the game.

How does this stack up against TTK and the other expacs? Is it content-rich enough to keep me progressing for over a month without hitting a wall?

Will I be dependent on weekly resets to gear, and if so does that kick in immediately or at the first progression wall?

Will I still be using the Bad Juju forever? Is the new Ghallarhorn an absolute requirement like it used to be? (Basically, is weapon balancing good enough to where I won't be kicked from groups for not having specific weapons?)

Thanks in advance for any answers - I'm currently unemployed so I want to try to save money where I can. If this will get me a good chunk of satisfying progression/gameplay, I'm in.

OMG why didn't I know about the Iron banner sooner? This thing is amazing!! I went from LL 190 to 198 in one night! Finally got my first LL400 piece of equipment. I'm definitely not fond of PvP but working with teams, its so much easier to get kills in a group. I even got a Scot rifle called The Distant Star that I've been wrecking people with. The bounties reward you for basically just playing, and OMG, every time I unlocked it was a much higher level piece or armor. The armor pieces look good themselves as well. I've even been on top of the group with most kills/least deaths 3 times tonight!

Man, really feels like my time invested has finally paid off. It was such a slow crawl from 360 to 380, this jump is very very welcome. The most fun I've had with the game outside of Raids and first time Strikes.

How long does this thing last? I want to help my wife get to Level 5 too...

Dthomp

OMG why didn't I know about the Iron banner sooner? This thing is amazing!! I went from LL 190 to 198 in one night! Finally got my first LL400 piece of equipment. I'm definitely not fond of PvP but working with teams, its so much easier to get kills in a group. I even got a Scot rifle called The Distant Star that I've been wrecking people with. The bounties reward you for basically just playing, and OMG, every time I unlocked it was a much higher level piece or armor. The armor pieces look good themselves as well. I've even been on top of the group with most kills/least deaths 3 times tonight!

Man, really feels like my time invested has finally paid off. It was such a slow crawl from 360 to 380, this jump is very very welcome. The most fun I've had with the game outside of Raids and first time Strikes.

How long does this thing last? I want to help my wife get to Level 5 too...

IB lasts til next Tuesday reset, comes around once a month generally. Regular PVP payouts for end of match rewards are higher then your current too but it is just weapons/ghost/artifact

IB lasts til next Tuesday reset, comes around once a month generally. Regular PVP payouts for end of match rewards are higher then your current too but it is just weapons/ghost/artifact
nice...I managed to get everything 398 and up except for my helmet at 395...Gonna do NF with a skeleton key tomorrow and hopefully get a nice helmet drop. I also have an exotic helmet engram I didn't pop yet, but I would have to take off bones of Eao to use it...

I love my 4 jump

Dthomp

nice...I managed to get everything 398 and up except for my helmet at 395...Gonna do NF with a skeleton key tomorrow and hopefully get a nice helmet drop. I also have an exotic helmet engram I didn't pop yet, but I would have to take off bones of Eao to use it...

I love my 4 jump

If you don't want the 50% chance for the Fusion rifle, do the Malok strike and use your key there guaranteed helmet instead of just a chance

This IB has to be the worst in a long time. The weapons are terrible and the armor perk/stat is identical to the IB they were offered last time.

They're not even trying anymore, the only thing they've got left (which admittedly is a good idea) is throwing us the bone of Bungie bounties. I've said several times before I dont care when they do stuff but at least fucking tell us, the silence on weapons balancing is ridiculous

KlNG

Neo Member
Don't worry too much about the agility stat on your character. Especially if you are a Titan or a Warlock; Titan's can skate, and Warlocks can also boost skate -- once you are familiar with your characters, speed is something you can create by jumping and feathering your jump appropriately.

On a higher level of skill I find that agility should be 10/10 on any subclass and not affect jump height. It currently affects things that should be standard.

Reason why I mentioned the above is the fact that peeking and re-peeking with low agility is a joke. It goes WAY too slow. The bare movement (not jumping/running/sliding) is very slow and does not allow for a good competitive shooter in general. That's why I play with agility on my warlock because I can peek an angle much faster as in actually moving behind cover to either dodge and challenge a fight.

I honestly think agility should be standardized instead of something you'd have to lower your armor or recovery for, because the slow base movement is detrimental to Destiny as an FPS.

They're not even trying anymore, the only thing they've got left (which admittedly is a good idea) is throwing us the bone of Bungie bounties. I've said several times before I dont care when they do stuff but at least fucking tell us, the silence on weapons balancing is ridiculous

It's somewhat understandable. I mean, every second they've invested in Crucible balance after HoW has been a step in the wrong direction. They literally have to accept they have been ruining the game and have been incorrectly translating community feedback like they have never made a video game before.

Obviously, it would take me tens of pages explaining every single bit of the above argument, so I won't do that as for now. My conclusion is that even with the HoW Thorn/TLW/Hawkmoon meta, the game was never more balanced. The most prominent premises are the appliance of a player's skill and the general characteristics of the game as an FPS, think about the time-to-kill fitting the movement mechanics, subclass metas and map design.

With that said, until they realize they were wrong all along, I don't think they'd swallow the red pill and get on with it; fixing the game I love(d). Instead, they might take away bloom and improve accuracy, but since they already responded to that with some half-ass'd bullshit story that made absolutely no sense what so ever, I don't even see that happening. Not even mentioning the CBMM/SBMM drama. It's obviously not working but they fail to see this. Unfortunately for those appreciating Crucible.

I will release an research report-ish editorial on Destiny's Crucible one day, but it's going to be absolutely massive. I'm talking 5000-10000 words with a ton of sources. It will take a long time to finish so don't wait for it.

If you don't want the 50% chance for the Fusion rifle, do the Malok strike and use your key there guaranteed helmet instead of just a chance
ok...tks for the tip..

I have one, and gonna get one whenever I do the NF, so will definitely use one of the keys on that strike.

Also, maybe it's because my wife LL is a little bit lower, but I was absolutely wrecking in crucible with Titan, seems more stable than a hunter or something? Hunter is definitely my favorite class, but maybe I'm not skilled enough for it? Or on my account I was just running into really good players, I dunno?

But throwing that friggin flame hammer around was a lot of fun, might just have to level up a Warlock or Titan.

Also, maybe it's because my wife LL is a little bit lower, but I was absolutely wrecking in crucible with Titan, seems more stable than a hunter or something? Hunter is definitely my favorite class, but maybe I'm not skilled enough for it? Or on my account I was just running into really good players, I dunno?

Skill-based matchmaking means that if you play on an account that's rated lower than you that you'll pubstomp all on your own for a bit until that rating matches yours. If your wife has any desire to do PvP she should play her account instead of you (or understand her first several games may be frustrating if her skill level doesn't match/exceed yours).

darthbob

After countless of hours farming nightfalls, strikes, skeleton keysm, 263 imagos since the last time i started counting (from july 2016 IIRC)

It's finally mine.

My Titan is so freaking badass. LOOK AT IT

nKPgLdW.jpg

Congrats on the Fakebringer roll :D

Nice to see a Twilight Garrison build actually look decent with other armor. Might have to put my Jovian armor set back on now.

Top Bottom