• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I don't understand how anyone can enjoy this pvp. Lag, mlg try hards and 90% of deaths is one shot bullshit with no counter.
And to top it off, matadors and dragon's everywhere

I don't understand how anyone can enjoy this pvp. Lag, lmg try hards and 90% of deaths is one shot bullshit with no counter.
And to top it off, matadors and dragon's everywhere

PvP is in a super messy state right now especially with Primaries being so weak other than Clever Dragon/Grasp (especially if they have HCR), nothing to really counter Matador's since Ghost Bullets/Bloom are a thing, Storm Caller's absurd melee's and super combined, and Skorri's (mistakes were made).

6's is by far the most insane game mode. 3's are a tad bit better but typically more sweaty.

With that said, with the current maps, 3s and 4s are great. They just need to change all 6's to 4's.

Skill-based matchmaking means that if you play on an account that's rated lower than you that you'll pubstomp all on your own for a bit until that rating matches yours. If your wife has any desire to do PvP she should play her account instead of you (or understand her first several games may be frustrating if her skill level doesn't match/exceed yours).
ok..gotcha didn't know it was skilled based...makes more sense now.

Hey guys, I haven't played Destiny since beating most of TTK. I was wondering if the expac is worth it? How much content is there, and how much progression is gated behind weekly resets? I'm out of a job right now and looking for a fun time sink... is this expansion good or should I just hold off? I figure that asking the people who have played it most is a good way to get a decent "review" of the content.

vctor182

Hey guys, I haven't played Destiny since beating most of TTK. I was wondering if the expac is worth it? How much content is there, and how much progression is gated behind weekly resets? I'm out of a job right now and looking for a fun time sink... is this expansion good or should I just hold off? I figure that asking the people who have played it most is a good way to get a decent "review" of the content.
It's a good way to pass time and have fun. The content is not as much as TTK, more like HoW. You can progress all the way to 400 L more faster than before, lots of activities out of the weekly ones gives you good loot. IB started yesterday and unlike the TTK era gives plenty of loot.

biteren

iron banner is great, exept for its not dropping the one Ghost i need to get to 400...

almost at like 50 matches...

cmon rng...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We need epic giant battles in D2. I mean not 60+ people type thing. More like 10 - 20. Kind of like the forge but on a more dramatic scale. You read the lore and stuff that happens at Twilight Gap, etc are all crazy sounding. The game doesn't really convey some of the stuff you read.

biteren

YES! LIGHT LEVEL 400!!! I Did it!!!!

Thanks mehrmantrout!!! Archons Forge was just what i needed!!!

now i got like 30 Exotic Engrams to open!

shermas

IB is cool... decent drops so far. All my bounties rolled out to Distant Stars, tho. Kind of a bummer. I think I played 20 matches on my Warlock and got to rank 3.5.

If we finish our bounties, there's no reason to grind to level 5, right? We don't get rank up rewards anymore, right?

Lee

IB is cool... decent drops so far. All my bounties rolled out to Distant Stars, tho. Kind of a bummer. I think I played 20 matches on my Warlock and got to rank 3.5.

If we finish our bounties, there's no reason to grind to level 5, right? We don't get rank up rewards anymore, right?

Correct.

Back and at it again since my friend got it...it...feels good to be back in a sense lol

I'm 359 and want to get to 400 hopefully soon here. What's the best way to do that now? Working on all the Iron Banner quests and exotic quests.

Also, when is a good time to start Iron Banner?

biteren

well, looks like its that time again. time to retire the game, its been fun y'all ill be back at the next content update.

Bye!!!!!

shermas

Back and at it again since my friend got it...it...feels good to be back in a sense lol

I'm 359 and want to get to 400 hopefully soon here. What's the best way to do that now? Working on all the Iron Banner quests and exotic quests.

Also, when is a good time to start Iron Banner?

Right now, play Iron Banner.. even if you're 359, you'll get some drops.

You can run the strike playlist for 365 (I think) drops, too. If you have three of coins, use them before the Iron Banner matches and the strikes.

Are you on PS4 or xbone? With the arc modifier this week, you can burn thru strikes pretty quickly... some of those blue drops will help you out.

It's much easier to rank up these days. I've only completed the hard raid once or twice (I think) and I'm 400 across all three characters on many different sets of gear.

Dthomp

Since I didn't play much at all year 1, did Ice Breaker always lose it's ammo after each death and need to regen?

FyreWulff

Since I didn't play much at all year 1, did Ice Breaker always lose it's ammo after each death and need to regen?

no, that was a change added to keep people from using Ice Breaker, Invective, and Sidearms to fill up ammo for other guns. it was actually changed to keeping the ammo from not before that, so they went back to launch settings

Dthomp

no, that was a change added to keep people from using Ice Breaker, Invective, and Sidearms to fill up ammo for other guns. it was actually changed to keeping the ammo from not before that, so they went back to launch settings

Blech, could have just took away ammo when you switch guns, this is ind of rough

Deku Tree

Blech, could have just took away ammo when you switch guns, this is ind of rough

That always happen. The problem was you could switch guns while dead and not lose ammo. I don't think they could have changed that without completely recoding their engine.

ethomaz

Banned
Checking my Exotic collection (Please Bungie give me more space for weapons).

Dunemarchers
Transversive Steps

Queensbreakers's Bow
Lord of Wolves
Dreg's Promises

Which the best way to get these???

ethomaz

Banned
For the armour: three of coins, Xûr, nightfall, Shaxxfall, raid (aka the usual places).

The weapons are exclusively from post-game Challenge of Elders (maybe level 41 PoE as well).
Ohhhhh that is not good... CoE needs 3 guys without matchmaking :(... thanks BTW.

Matt Frost

Checking my Exotic collection (Please Bungie give me more space for weapons).

Dunemarchers
Transversive Steps

Queensbreakers's Bow
Lord of Wolves
Dreg's Promises

Which the best way to get these???

A lot of Three of Coins either in siva crisis heroic strikes or elders prision with the card

glaurung

Ohhhhh that is not good... CoE needs 3 guys without matchmaking :(... thanks BTW.
Don't be silly, Challenge of the Elders is super easy to solo.

The drop rates are all over the place though. At the same time, you can burn 3x Three of Coins in each Challenge run, so a good way to get those engrams as well.

XD_loud

Neo Member
So question, and I'm sure you guys already covered it but how do I get that 400 chest piece, it is literally all I need. Do I keep grinding IB?

ethomaz

Banned
Don't be silly, Challenge of the Elders is super easy to solo.

The drop rates are all over the place though. At the same time, you can burn 3x Three of Coins in each Challenge run, so a good way to get those engrams as well.
I will try it tonight... I thought it was hard to solo.

Depends on the modifiers and the encounters and your LL. The Cabal room is the hardest. Don't know the encounters, but the modifiers this week are grounded, brawler, and precision-kill point bonus.

If you're just looking for the weapon exotics, you don't care about points, so all you have to do is survive enough to kill the boss in each of the three rooms.

I've run Challlenge of Elders solo a number of times, both for score and for the drops. The modifiers this week aren't conducive to running the Challenge solo this week. I mean, you can, but it would be a struggle if you're not really familiar with it.

Edit: I actually thought this week was the other Cabal guy, but it's Noru'usk. He's a bit easier because he doesn't roll with Flayers, but the adds in that room can get overwhelming. Each of the add waves are DPS based, so as you do damage to the boss more and more dudes come out. It's not really an issue with the other two bosses, but the Cabal arena can get rough.

If you're gonna solo it, I'd suggest waiting for the Primary or Special modifiers.

Anyone wants to do WotM HM tonight? (GMT)

I'm also looking for a Warlock and a Hunter who would like to help me with the Outbreak Prime quest. Anyone?

I'll be home in a few hours and interested in raiding depending on the start time; I have OP quest started on my Hunter but not on the final step yet, what part are you looking to complete?

Top Bottom