• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Deku Tree

I find it a pretty logical line of thought.

I find it hard to believe that Bungie would dedicate anybody to asset creation for D1 while they are sure as fuck crunching on D2 right now.

So whatever the Live team comes up with would have to deal with available content.

Bringing old Raids to current LL would be a huge crowd pleaser, a deserving sendoff and would set a really positive mood while waiting for D2.

MARK MY WORDS!

Gonna have to disagree with that. More old content. Yay!

It´s a pretty logical line of thought.

I find it hard to believe that Bungie would dedicate anybody to asset creation for D1 while they are sure as fuck crunching on D2 right now.

So whatever the Live team comes up with would have to deal with available content.

Bringing old Raids to current LL would be a huge crowd pleaser, a deserving sendoff and would set a really positive mood while waiting for D2.

MARK MY WORDS!

Logic and Bungle in the same sentence? Does not compute.

vctor182

It´s a pretty logical line of thought.

MARK MY WORDS!
If we won't be able to transfer anything to destiny 2 then it's highly possible

I hadn't known VV and HMS work was already in the current build. I'd thought they would announce it like they had in the past when Certain Affinity built map packs for them. I have to say it's pretty seamless.

Mindlog

Going to be honest. I still don't understand Light Levels.
What do they even mean?
Are our Guardians Dragonball characters?
Does our gun do more damage because of midichlorians?
Does our armor protect us better because we believe it will protect us better?
Sounds like an Ork.

Going to be honest. I still don't understand Light Levels.
What do they even mean?
Are our Guardians Dragonball characters?
Does our gun do more damage because of midichlorians?
Does our armor protect us better because we believe it will protect us better?
Sounds like an Ork.

Step into the light Guardian... :)

It's a mystical power bestowed upon us by the Traveler and to allow us to fight the forces of Darkness(TM).

It's the thing that means we can't die, and I assume gives us the special powers and abilities of void/solar/arc.

There is a great story where one Guardian deliberately lets an Archon kill him then gets his ghost to revive him whilst he is being held aloft like a trophy...he then shotguns the Archon in the face and takes him out in one go.

Mindlog

Step into the light Guardian... :)

It's a mystical power bestowed upon us by the Traveler and to allow us to fight the forces of Darkness(TM).

It's the thing that means we can't die, and I assume gives us the special powers and abilities of void/solar/arc.

There is a great story where one Guardian deliberately lets an Archon kill him then gets his ghost to revive him whilst he is being held aloft like a trophy...he then shotguns the Archon in the face and takes him out in one go.
Rezyl

Now he wouldn't even be able to damange the Archon because his light wasn't high enough.
Maybe that's why 1000s of Guardians died in the first Crota's End raid.

FyreWulff

I hadn't known VV and HMS work was already in the current build. I'd thought they would announce it like they had in the past when Certain Affinity built map packs for them. I have to say it's pretty seamless.

They announced it in the Update before the Dawning and showed the specific stuff they worked on

Lee

Rezyl

Now he wouldn't even be able to damange the Archon because his light wasn't high enough.
Maybe that's why 1000s of Guardians died in the first Crota's End raid.

Always through that should have been in the cutscene for the Dark Below.

"Crota marches with a thousand Knights and they say the sky above Mare Imbrium has turned into green fire. They are dying in numbers I cannot bear to repeat. He kills them one by one with a sword that eats their Light."

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There were more people playing trials last week than people attending Trump's groundhog day. Destiny is not dead.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Weekend hype.

tyytyty.gif

Melchiah

I played three strikes, and got an exotic helmet engram, and 400 Monte Carlo & Bad Juju from legendary engrams. Pretty good haul. I think I'm going to save the exotic engrams just in case there'll be another maximum light level increase. I've got two heavy weapon engrams already in the vault.

On a side note, it's beyond me why people don't use a corresponding sub-class and gear, when there's an elemental burn in the strikes. I've used Lucky Raspberry and Memory of Felwinter combo for the arc burn strikes, and it works very well.

EDIT: Took a couple of screenshots, which portray how the other players got considerably lower kill counts due to the lack arc weapons/sub-class.
xQpVfVBl.jpg

1akJkZ8l.jpg

KiDdYoNe

Great OP. I bought Destiny this December and already got to almost 400 light with my Warlock by playing with friends. But then I remembered, there's probably a big community on GAF. Yup.

Would love to play with someone, specially raids since I have almost no experience there. So if anyone wants to teach / company / somethingelse please send me a friendship request! I'm on PS4 and ID is KiD_rus.
I usually play from about 4 PM till the night GAF time.
Still have lots to learn and play through!

Sticking with my prediction that the next (and final) event with be the big "fuck it" update.

All raids, activities and rewards brought to current LL because fuck it.

This will tie the community over until the Destiny 2 announcement at Sony´s E3 conference in May.

After the announcement nobody will expect anything from Destiny 1 until September when Destiny 2 releases.

Been away from destiny for a while, but just recently talked with my buddies and we all agreed if they did something like this we would be back. One last chance to play all the content we enjoyed over the years before destiny 2 sounds amazing.

GlamFM

Banned
Great OP. I bought Destiny this December and already got to almost 400 light with my Warlock by playing with friends. But then I remembered, there's probably a big community on GAF. Yup.

Would love to play with someone, specially raids since I have almost no experience there. So if anyone wants to teach / company / somethingelse please send me a friendship request! I'm on PS4 and ID is KiD_rus.

It used to be huge, now it's pretty dead sadly.

there are still newbie raids though I think!

Sent you a FR.

There are still a couple of people looking to run the new raid for the first time, you should try to organise a suitable time with them and I can be around to help out if required.

Check the link to Hawkian's newbie raids in the OP and sign up for that as well.

Toxi

Banned
Question: Is Rise of Iron worth 30 bucks? I'm level 40 and am starting to do the hard endgame stuff like Heroic Strikes for the Taken King.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games everyone. Except for when Todd pushed me off the cliff during heavy. Got two exotics last game. Lovely.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah it's pretty bad tonight. Two days ago we'd get a red in like every five games or so. This was every game and multiples.

Dthomp

I know alot of DGaf enjoys Clash, but this game mode is pure and utter trash. I mean I know every game mode in Destiny is basically Clash, but Clash Clash is by far the worst...and yes I'd take Rift over this hot garbage any day of the week.

Also this meta is putrid, and I played through the Doctrine meta...I straight up applaud the 3 times a night I get killed by something other then a Clever Dragon or a Matador from 30 feet away at full health.

Also, after not playing much last month was there a change to MM or is there literally nobody playing anymore but the tryhards? I've played multiple games that have started 4-4 and never added anybody and waiting for 12 is taking FOREVER.

Rant done

Dthomp

Wow, how toxic has Destiny gotten? I just got my first hate mail from a teammate who was pissed about my .68 game....when he was a whopping .94

People need to calm down, it's just a game man

Hmm, dunno. I played pvp for the first time a few days ago because of the iron banner thing. Thought I did pretty well.
I obviously know nothing about meta, or any unbalanced stuff, but I honestly had a pretty fun time, even when losing, and I generally don't like pvp fps.

KiDdYoNe

Wow, how toxic has Destiny gotten? I just got my first hate mail from a teammate who was pissed about my .68 game....when he was a whopping .94

People need to calm down, it's just a game man

PVP is always toxic.
I have my own butthurts from PVP because it's just frustrating. Sometimes there's someone teleporting all the time, sometimes it's a shotgun + hand and sometimes you just getting shot from three sides. Playing PVP in Destiny is hard when you're used to Titanfall style of gaming.

Sending messages is funny tho. People still love to waste time trying to type something on controllers. And basically wasting time typing some shit to people.

Thanks everyone for the words, I am looking forward for a newbie raid. Would love to beat King's Fall. Me and my friends got to Golgoroth and he was pain in the ass. Even myself, the most excited guy in the raid, got hands down pretty fast.
Found some company yesterdays to do WoTM raid on normal and solve the monitors. Absolutelly loved it even tho I've beaten it before. Now to prepare for the Hard mode.

Trakan

I think it has been the most asked for thing in Destiny for a while.

I don't think anyone is actually asking for recycled content. Everyone would prefer new content, but if it comes down to replaying 2 raids until D2 comes out, people would rather have the old ones thrown in. I'm worried that they will try to "remix" them in some way and will end up being worse. Literally every strike they've remixed is worse than it's original version IMO.

Top Bottom