• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Fabian Strategy get. Finally have all 3 gunsmith exotics after getting Tlaloc a few days ago.

I got every exotic now except for the arc sword.

C3CNogFVQAABYcN.jpg

C3CNrISUUAAsqfK.jpg

Mindlog

I can do two more NFs around 5PM EST.
I really wish Astrocyte Verse didn't suck, but then again I would probably see it all the time if it was any good. Probably going to start wearing it on my Warlock just to look cool. Astrocyte Verse is probably what Obsidian Mind was supposed to be, but they just turned the remodel into a new exotic.

Mindlog

It was originally supposed to make Blink have greater range and faster cool down. Instead we get a perk that barely does anything.
Yeah, pretty disappointing, but looks awesome.

If Trials is full of try-hards then the same is happening to LFG.net. I've always liked the players there, but two randoms and we tore through the Nightfall in nearly sub-10 and that's with me padding stats for medals.

rezn0r

Fabian Strategy get. Finally have all 3 gunsmith exotics after getting Tlaloc a few days ago.

I got every exotic now except for the arc sword.

C3CNogFVQAABYcN.jpg

C3CNrISUUAAsqfK.jpg

HTF you have The First Curse done and not the arc blade? I mean no offense, I can't god damn get the 7 precision streak done for The First Curse.

If you need any help with the arc sword let me know, I am running out of reasons to log into Destiny lately, but I still love it, and all of you.

I can't god damn get the 7 precision streak done for The First Curse.

It's not even a streak— it's 7 headshot kills in one game. You can cheese it out with a friend or two in classic rumble. Just remember to use Imprecation and not your favourite scout rifle like my idiot friend ("It doesn't say with Imprecation! It just says kills!").

We need 4 for WotM! Friend and I haven't ran it yet.

PS4?

rezn0r

It's not even a streak— it's 7 headshot kills in one game. You can cheese it out with a friend or two in classic rumble. Just remember to use Imprecation and not your favourite scout rifle like my idiot friend ("It doesn't say with Imprecation! It just says kills!").

thanks - I did know that although probably semi forgot. the best I've gotten is 5 but yeah I'll drag my buddy to rumble and hide in a corner or something.

neoism

wtf
��

after 800 hours i just pressed home and sqaure at the same time in a game on ps4...

��wats it do? lol

Want to help a friend get the No Time to Explain quest done, so looking for anyone interested in doing a quick Normal (or hard if you want to try to fatebringer, vex) Vault of Glass raid.

If anyone is interested, let me know....newbies and first timers welcome.

edit: thanks Der_pate, Moridhin, Worthy and Sovereign :)

toff74

Anyone fancy carrying me through a nightfall with my second character?

Hunter 400LL with a decent set of weapons.

PSN Toff74

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Another week. Another uhhhh wait for next update, we're working on it. It's okay, don't release anything until Destiny 2. I'll be fine with catching up on other games. I still have to play Witcher 3, etc.

Igor told me the Reddit PvP crowd is very sad about the BS lack of flinch on NLB.
So that's probably gonna get nerfed.

NLB is pretty dumb, it has by far the highest equip speed of any sniper so pair that with snapshot and Quickdraw and you're getting domed in the blink of an eye esp with zero flinch

I really hope they get this right as its likely that this will be the last balancing before D2 unless it slips to 2018

I hated vanilla Destiny. Refused to buy it.

Bought current Destiny with all DLC's. What a freaking incredibly fun game. I'm in love. I don't even care about some of the loot woes at this point. The game is just fun and it feels like how I did when I first played Halo CE/2.

Any good YouTube channels that do updates and good informative vids on all things Destiny?

glaurung

By the way, the Graviton Forfeit Hunter helmet that Xur is selling has a 99% INT/STR roll. Good enough to grab without the need for glass needle rerolls.

glaurung

Getting so tired of these BWUs.

Actually, tonally they start to make me angry.
I would not go as far as get angry about it, but DeeJ really isn't doing his job as a community liaison. He is a mute mouthpiece of an exceedingly isolationist development studio. I like Bungie, but they still haven't caught up with the 21st century transparency that would be required. In essence, their behavior is closer to a Japanese studio, where the entire development of a single-player game is intensely guarded up until launch. But Destiny is a persistent multiplayer game and as such, the player-base wants updates ALL THE FUCKING TIME. And they should deliver. Even if they don't want to spill the beans on the sequel, they should be sharing concepts and graphs and reports about the game balance. Drop hints and challenges all around the lively streamer community. They should hold monthly live streams, discussing lore and characters.

What do we get instead? A no-content, buzz-word heavy random driveby blogpost.

The Destiny community deserves better.

deadduck

NLB is pretty dumb, it has by far the highest equip speed of any sniper so pair that with snapshot and Quickdraw and you're getting domed in the blink of an eye esp with zero flinch

The 0 flinch on NLB is so dumb, you have zero risk when challening anything other than another sniper.

Normal snier flinch might be too hard from every bullet in a pulse/auto and not enough from a single HC bullet, but NLB should have some flinch.

What's this about Curtain Call?? Is the spread smaller?

I would not go as far as get angry about it, but DeeJ really isn't doing his job as a community liaison. He is a mute mouthpiece of an exceedingly isolationist development studio. I like Bungie, but they still haven't caught up with the 21st century transparency that would be required. In essence, their behavior is closer to a Japanese studio, where the entire development of a single-player game is intensely guarded up until launch. But Destiny is a persistent multiplayer game and as such, the player-base wants updates ALL THE FUCKING TIME. And they should deliver. Even if they don't want to spill the beans on the sequel, they should be sharing concepts and graphs and reports about the game balance. Drop hints and challenges all around the lively streamer community. They should hold monthly live streams, discussing lore and characters.

What do we get instead? A no-content, buzz-word heavy random driveby blogpost.

The Destiny community deserves better.

I sort of agree, but they have done so many hard swerves with their games in the past, and Destiny 2 already, that they simply can't say anything. Scrapping entire stories, teams of people etc...They just can't be open.

Sea of Thieves is taking quite a different approach.

glaurung

I sort of agree, but they have done so many hard swerves with their games in the past, and Destiny 2 already, that they simply can't say anything. Scrapping entire stories, teams of people etc...They just can't be open.

Sea of Thieves is taking quite a different approach.
They can play the D2 card close to their chest, but D1 has been around for ages. The content in there has been finalized. Even if they do not like how that turned out (narrative and characters), they are committed to that now.

Like I said, their PR practices are ancient compared to the competition.

GlamFM

Banned
This week at Bungie we are looking into the future.

And while we look into the future we can see the future in the future.

We will talk about this future in the weeks to come, right now we can only look at the future.

And look at the future we will!

Now to talk about the future here is a random person who does something on Destiny:

"We have been looking at the future pretty hard here at Bungie and what we can see is clearly the future. There are things in the future and there is stuff. Of course now is not the time to tell you about this future, but we can give it a good look"

There are even more exciting things to come.

There is a future shaping up in the future that we´ll tell you more about soon.

DeeJ, out.

Does it have an unexpectedly tight spread or something? I'll grab a vendor one, it's not like marks are scarce or otherwise useful.

The 0 flinch on NLB is so dumb, you have zero risk when challening anything other than another sniper.

Normal snier flinch might be too hard from every bullet in a pulse/auto and not enough from a single HC bullet, but NLB should have some flinch.

What's this about Curtain Call?? Is the spread smaller?

Fallout plays has properly tested it and Matador just wins out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHs_j_mlHxU

But if you're lucky enough a CC can drop with kneepads, reinforced/rifled and rangefinder. Either way if you haven't got a decent matador pick up the vendor CC

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Doing a newbie VoG tomorrow, as always anyone is welcome

Saturday, January 28th - 12:30PM Eastern Time - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid

Will be taking KiDdYoNe through for his first time. Need 3 more to be able to pull it off, but 4 spots remaining for now. You don't have to be a newbie to join, if you just feel like helping out or need the kill for a quest or anything feel free to sign up. We'll also blow up a Gorgon if you need that Grimoire card.

KiDdYoNe

Doing a newbie VoG tomorrow, as always anyone is welcome

Saturday, January 28th - 12:30PM Eastern Time - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid

Will be taking KiDdYoNe through for his first time. Need 3 more to be able to pull it off, but 4 spots remaining for now. You don't have to be a newbie to join, if you just feel like helping out or need the kill for a quest or anything feel free to sign up. We'll also blow up a Gorgon if you need that Grimoire card.

Not my first time tho :)
Had some friends gathered for this one and we actually finished it.

I pretty much saw every raid in this game. Got thru Crota's End with one friend (which doesn't count) and almost killed Oryx in The King's Fall. WoTM is easy and I have no problems doing it on Hard.
But yeah, I love raids, specially the old ones since nobody is playing them anymore. Should be fun!

EDIT:
Also, if someone wants to do/help with Outbreak Prime quest, I am on my first step. We can gather a party to do the WoTM raid and find all the monitors for the Outbreak Prime quest if you need it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh my bad, I must have been thinking of KF that you said you hadn't beaten. Oh well, I can still pretend. :p It's a fun and quick raid these days anyway.

Top Bottom