• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I don't think anyone is actually asking for recycled content. Everyone would prefer new content, but if it comes down to replaying 2 raids until D2 comes out, people would rather have the old ones thrown in. I'm worried that they will try to "remix" them in some way and will end up being worse. Literally every strike they've remixed is worse than it's original version IMO.

I'd be ok with old raids if everything stayed at 400ll.At this point it would grieve me to be forced to play them

I'd be ok with old raids if everything stayed at 400ll.At this point it would grieve me to be forced to play them

IMHO it's incredibly likely there will be a light bump in April. How we get there I think is more open to debate. I suspect they will through the doors open on all end-game content, Trials, IB, all raids, and maybe NF.

It's a year 1 send off. Wouldnt surprise me if they left elemental primaries in to tempt people into just one more grind before D2.

Mindlog

I wonder if they'd ever go infinite Light Level -_-
They could easily go infinite Light Level and adjust difficulty vs the hard cap. Probably what they should have done in the first place if they wanted to keep the grind mechanics going.

Not looking forward to raising my LL by 20 again. May be a pass from me especially since I hope ME:A MP will be as good as it used to be.

26xBNtn8eGecctfRm.gif

Choked the triple kill because this guy randomly moved for cover feelsbadman

l0Exki7561dBeVNNC.gif

These boxes are great for these kind of snipes though.

Magik

if it were up to me, I'd raise the LL cap up 100 LL each month till it hits LL1000 and call it a day with Destiny 1 and focus on Destiny 2.

Wow, how toxic has Destiny gotten? I just got my first hate mail from a teammate who was pissed about my .68 game....when he was a whopping .94

People need to calm down, it's just a game man
Congrats man. The first hate mail is always a time to comemorate. Destiny truly starts here now. Just put it on your bucket list. I was so proud of my first one. Same story. My kd is abismal but once in a while i manage to pull a gigantic rabbit out of my toons. Feels good man

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
At this point, adding every single old stuff isn't going to do anything. It'll all be stale again in a week or two. They need way bigger new content. Enough to overwhelm vets which number in the several hundred thousands right now.

Question: Is Rise of Iron worth 30 bucks? I'm level 40 and am starting to do the hard endgame stuff like Heroic Strikes for the Taken King.

Do you have a group of people to play the raid with? The strikes are fun, but the story missions aren't of the calibre of the ones in the Taken King.

UK GAF tonight is all about hunting down the worlds most annoying "Destiny Community" member, which is some achievement considering the competition

aGJVAc8e_400x400.jpg

We may have space for a T1 bubble titan to join our 4 skorri storms

Toxi

Banned
Do you have a group of people to play the raid with? The strikes are fun, but the story missions aren't of the calibre of the ones in the Taken King.
No. I might step into finding people and doing the Raids for The Taken King then.

Heroic Strikes are kinda absurd in a good way.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I hope in Destiny 2 they actually make planets feel like planets. As in overall scale of patrols and such should be way bigger. If you see it you can go to it.

Angouri

Neo Member
At this point, adding every single old stuff isn't going to do anything. It'll all be stale again in a week or two. They need way bigger new content. Enough to overwhelm vets which number in the several hundred thousands right now.

I agree. I bounced right off the Dawning/Strike scoring stuff as soon as my Icebreaker dropped. Not sure what is left in Destiny to do, and I don't really think I want to redo the same content anymore.

if it were up to me, I'd raise the LL cap up 100 LL each month till it hits LL1000 and call it a day with Destiny 1 and focus on Destiny 2.

1000LL... Kind of reminds me of Gotham City Imposters.

Dont think anyone here has played that game, though (X360 arcade).

rezn0r

They need to say screw it and make NF fun like this week all the time. I just plowed through 3 in less than an hour and the mid-air 4th Horseman is so awesome.

0/no clue on Icebreaker f-me

Blam

Do I seriously have to be a certain light level before the game drops me items from the packages? As the title of the thread suggests, is there a discord server I can join? Or am I being memed.

the210

Anyone doing nightfalls? I just got to the light level needed to participate and haven't done a night fall since TTK launched.

Number45

Do I seriously have to be a certain light level before the game drops me items from the packages? As the title of the thread suggests, is there a discord server I can join? Or am I being memed.
Which packages? If you mean faction rank ups the first few don't drop any gear if I remember correctly.

im_dany

1000LL... Kind of reminds me of Gotham City Imposters.

Dont think anyone here has played that game, though (X360 arcade).

GCI in a Destiny thread, what a time to be alive :D

I played that, actually bought it near launch because the demo was really fun to me, I even got the 200/200. It kinda reminded me the same fun I had in TF2, so basically the opposite of Destiny
I'm a red bar, but don't hate me for that

Well, Arc/Exposure again for Heroics. Another boring strike week.

GCI in a Destiny thread, what a time to be alive :D

I played that, actually bought it near launch because the demo was really fun to me, I even got the 200/200. It kinda reminded me the same fun I had in TF2, so basically the opposite of Destiny
I'm a red bar, but don't hate me for that

I miss my double-jumping, hatchet-throwing, huntsman-running, shotgun-packing Nimble with the Cowboy outfit + bat wings. Not to mention the ultra-rare Huntress Calling Card. Never changed it after I finally got it (although the challenge for with was absolute bullshit).

I think the best thing about it is most of the time, everything you wanted to get was within reach (cause no RNG, thank god) and after that it was just mindless fun
(except for Mighty Dive-bombers. They can rot in hell with a hatchet to the face)

im_dany

Well, Arc/Exposure again for Heroics. Another boring strike week.

I miss my double-jumping, hatchet-throwing, huntsman-running, shotgun-packing Nimble with the Cowboy outfit + bat wings. Not to mention the ultra-rare Huntress Calling Card. Never changed it after I finally got it (although the challenge for with was absolute bullshit).

I think the best thing about it is most of the time, everything you wanted to get was within reach (cause no RNG, thank god) and after that it was just mindless fun
(except for Mighty Dive-bombers. They can rot in hell with a hatchet to the face)
Honestly I remember almost nothing of that game, except for it being really fun and the grapple gun.

If they brought that on X1 with BC or f2p I'd download it instantly, too bad they gave it away with GWG and not even that helped to revive it.

I tried a last minute solo run of the Nightfall but didn't complete it in time this morning, I was really hyped for RoI but I probably played too much during this whole year and now feel almost nauseated by Destiny. I will go for the last achievements and then quit completely until Destiny 2 drops, so I can start "fresh".

Honestly I remember almost nothing of that game, except for it being really fun and the grapple gun.

If they brought that on X1 with BC or f2p I'd download it instantly, too bad they gave it away with GWG and not even that helped to revive it.

Doubt it since the main devs left like a year after release so nothing got fixed.

Ruze789

I finally got past the first step in The Chaperone quest last night in IB... this morning I played some Clash and ran a Universal Remote and Matador to start on the shotgun kills step - I am not a shotgunner at all, I usually run a fusion. I ended with a 0.41 because I was always engaging just outside the proper range.

I was rewarded with an Eyasluna, pretty poor roll but only my second drop of it so far. I can only imagine what the other players in the lobby were thinking, I think everyone else got a blue drop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Check the link to Hawkian's newbie raids in the OP and sign up for that as well.

Great OP. I bought Destiny this December and already got to almost 400 light with my Warlock by playing with friends. But then I remembered, there's probably a big community on GAF. Yup.

Would love to play with someone, specially raids since I have almost no experience there. So if anyone wants to teach / company / somethingelse please send me a friendship request! I'm on PS4 and ID is KiD_rus.
I usually play from about 4 PM till the night GAF time.
Still have lots to learn and play through!
Thanks Ruthless, and KiD I got your FR and sign-up!

Unfortunately I was out of town all weekend and just got home- I didn't actually have the next newbie raid scheduled, so you weren't signing up for anything in particular ;)

But I'm going to be doing a Vault of Glass this week (the first raid). I am thinking Thursday night at 9pm Eastern Time- would you be able to make that? If not I'm happy to shift things around so you can make it.

EU matchmaking is so fucking broken, none of us with a London host managed to match BYF last night. The only Gaffer who got him was Der_Pate, who lives in Switzerland (?) :d

I'll probably match the German streamers first time when its there bounty

EU matchmaking is so fucking broken, none of us with a London host managed to match BYF last night. The only Gaffer who got him was Der_Pate, who lives in Switzerland (?) :d

My clan mates tried to match up with him all night. Nope. Got Russians and Saudis all night. They also had a few hosts in the London area. I didn't even bother to load it up.

glaurung

My clan mates tried to match up with him all night. Nope. Got Russians and Saudis all night. They also had a few hosts in the London area. I didn't even bother to load it up.
A few of my mates tried to match against Byf, who was being a douche and digging around in the menus, denying the viewers to see his matchmaking status. None of my mates got to match up with him. Other assholes tried selling London hosts for fireteams.

This entire IB, I was pretty much exclusively matched up with Germans. I live in Estonia, go figure that one out.

I wonder if sbmm is secretly still in full swing over connection base. 0-4 on trying to play with a streamer myself so I know the rage.

I wonder if sbmm is secretly still in full swing over connection base. 0-4 on trying to play with a streamer myself so I know the rage.

It's fully back on, though the player base is at its lowest ever which also doesn't help. I tried doing the shaxfall earlier and the first match was 4v4 against a fireteam of 3 from Belarus :d

Edit BYF was a self absorbed prick last night, chat was funny though when he was talking bollocks whilst in his menu

Top Bottom