• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Doing a newbie VoG tomorrow, as always anyone is welcome

Saturday, January 28th - 12:30PM Eastern Time - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid

Will be taking KiDdYoNe through for his first time. Need 3 more to be able to pull it off, but 4 spots remaining for now. You don't have to be a newbie to join, if you just feel like helping out or need the kill for a quest or anything feel free to sign up. We'll also blow up a Gorgon if you need that Grimoire card.

wife and I are down again if you haven't filled up the spots yet.

Anyone up for a Nightfall on Xbox One? Preferably a Titan for the last bit. If you need to run it twice or three times I'm up for it. Running Hunter then Titan and Warlock.

Edit: Nevermind, got it done with a the bonus of a Ice Breaker at the Postmaster.

vctor182

Doing a newbie VoG tomorrow, as always anyone is welcome

Saturday, January 28th - 12:30PM Eastern Time - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid

Will be taking KiDdYoNe through for his first time. Need 3 more to be able to pull it off, but 4 spots remaining for now. You don't have to be a newbie to join, if you just feel like helping out or need the kill for a quest or anything feel free to sign up. We'll also blow up a Gorgon if you need that Grimoire card.

Will join for some VoG nostalgia

Lee

Fallout plays has properly tested it and Matador just wins out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHs_j_mlHxU

But if you're lucky enough a CC can drop with kneepads, reinforced/rifled and rangefinder. Either way if you haven't got a decent matador pick up the vendor CC

I'll do that. Pretty crazy how close they are. XplicitOne did some testing with identical rolls and said the god roll Matador still feels better but not all of us have one of those so thanks for pointing this out Mehr.

Angry Guy

I can help out with VoG, but I also still would like to do King's Fall and Wrath of the Machine newbie raids consecutively and I don't want to excessively take up positions, so I can just stay on call as an extra if you can't fill every slot.

stn

I've been a bit bored of Destiny. I've been hovering around 355 light and haven't gotten any good drops in a while. Sooo, I'm thinking to hit up Xur and re-vamp my defender a bit. I'm hoping to get The Glasshouse with intellect bonuses so that I can max out my barrier recovery. Good plan? I'd opt for the Helm of Saint 14 but it hasn't dropped for me yet.

Next, what about the Zhalo Supercell? I'm currently using the Khvostov. Worthy upgrade? Thanks.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Vault space is so full I can't even accept exotic engrams anymore. Switching weapons is a pain.

Someone asked me why a big game like Destiny isn't bigger with competitive play. Well part of it is the way the game is structured and why devs aren't making certain things easier for people who are interested. I would totally donate to get Destiny PVP into EVO or even as a side tourney.

Vault space is so full I can't even accept exotic engrams anymore. Switching weapons is a pain.

Someone asked me why a big game like Destiny isn't bigger with competitive play. Well part of it is the way the game is structured and why devs aren't making certain things easier for people who are interested. I would totally donate to get Destiny PVP into EVO or even as a side tourney.

Yep, I wish they let you stack the different categories of Exotic engrams.

Ji66a-Man

Finally got Nanophoenix on Xbone. Just missing CX20 Slipper Misfit for the complete ship collection on both consoles.
5qbqjmj.png

Truesight, rescue mag/triple tap, rifled and luck in the chamber palindrome. Better than vendor one?

The way HC mechanics currently work rangefinder is pretty much a must as the zoom tightens initial accuracy, plus damage drop off starts further out.

LiTCs nice for dicking about but i'd rather lessen the chance of ghost bullets, Eyasluna can roll with Rangefinder and LiTC if you're lucky enough to a) get one to drop and b) get those perks

KiDdYoNe

So, how do you get Cryptic Dragon these days?
I was hoping for a good scout rifle for a while and then Iron Banner came. Got lucky to get The Distant Star, but only once and with a meh roll. Still not sure about MIDA, I love ammo capacity but not sure about the DPS. I want to try Cryptic Dragon but I've never seen a single drop of that rifle. Google says it drops in Crucible but again, never seen one.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Crucible or crucible packages.

I have a luna with true, rangefinder, rifled and reactive reload. For me, lingering song hits the hardest, especially with explosive rounds. My favorite to use is exile. But none of the current handcannons feel close as good to use as they did a year ago.

So what's the best Scout rifle out of

Cryptic Dragon
Last Extremity
Keystone
Chaos Dogma

I've heard all of these were good, dunno if I can really tell the differences between them though, I seem to be getting average rolls too, which I could just have firefly or crowd control on all of them lol. And is Grasp of Malok worth leveling up? Seems like it's on the faster side for a pulse rifle, but may hit too weak.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So what's the best Scout rifle out of

Cryptic Dragon
Last Extremity
Keystone
Chaos Dogma

I've heard all of these were good, dunno if I can really tell the differences between them though, I seem to be getting average rolls too, which I could just have firefly or crowd control on all of them lol. And is Grasp of Malok worth leveling up? Seems like it's on the faster side for a pulse rifle, but may hit too weak.
Any of those can be good to great, though Last Extremity is the weakest... and it really depends on the roll, except for chaos dogma. I love the Dogma and it's one of my favorite scouts but there is a big portion of people who think it has too much kick and not worth the tradeoff. Keystone is one of the most balanced stat-wise across the board so if you have a good roll on that, give it a shot.

Grasp of Malok is one of the most accurate pulses in the game and very frustrating to play against. Totally worth leveling.
Which one?

I have no problem helping out a few gaffers :)
You're in for VoG in a half hour don't forget! ;)

Though I am probably down to help with a WotM afterward depending on time

Any of those can be good to great, though Last Extremity is the weakest... and it really depends on the roll, except for chaos dogma. I love the Dogma and it's one of my favorite scouts but there is a big portion of people who think it has too much kick and not worth the tradeoff. Keystone is one of the most balanced stat-wise across the board so if you have a good roll on that, give it a shot.

Grasp of Malok is one of the most accurate pulses in the game and very frustrating to play against. Totally worth leveling.

You're in for VoG in a half hour don't forget! ;)

Though I am probably down to help with a WotM afterward depending on time
nice....Love my Keystone, gonna mess around with it and Dogma for the time being. We still on for today? How many people you got?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
nice....Love my Keystone, gonna mess around with it and Dogma for the time being. We still on for today? How many people you got?
We are good to go! Should be a full group, starting to send out invites now.

edit: Look like KiD is in a Nightfall so I'll give them a chance to finish that off if it's cool with everybody :)

edit: Sorry KiD and Ondy I didn't even know what the modifiers were lol

KiDdYoNe

WotM HM! (or VoG or CE actually)

If there's any Hunter and Warlock who would like to help me with the Outbreak Prime quest I would also appreciate it.

I'm Warlock and on the first step. KiD_rus is the PSN ID.
Also we're done with the raid and I can help out in WoTM, never a bad thing to train heroics.

Thanks for the VoG raid, it was actually a fast one, I thought it will take a LOT more time.

I think we finished it wrong with my friends before. In the last part we actually never killed all the Oracles and just rushed to the exit and cleansed ourselves. Took a lot more time to kill the boss since looks like when you kill the Oracles you get a Super charge. Not sure about that tho. Anyway, thanks for the fun!

Looking forward for a King's Fall

NeOak

Also we're done with the raid and I can help out in WoTM, never a bad thing to train heroics.

Thanks for the VoG raid, it was actually a fast one, I thought it will take a LOT more time.

I think we finished it wrong with my friends before. In the last part we actually never killed all the Oracles and just rushed to the exit and cleansed ourselves. Took a lot more time to kill the boss since looks like when you kill the Oracles you get a Super charge. Not sure about that tho. Anyway, thanks for the fun!

Huh? If you don't kill the Oracles inside the Past/Future portals you wipe o.o

Deku Tree

NeOak plz. Relic team can exit safely without killing all the Oracles, but you don't get the Time's Vengeance buff.

Yup IIRC Drizzay had to get his first flawless that way because VoG was bugged like that back then.

But you do wipe if you don't exit past/future fast enough.

I'm up for it. Hoping 4 others are too ;p

I'll join. PSN Azolith.

Perfect, so far we are:

1. Marco
2. Hedera
3. Kiddyone
4. Azolith

KiDdYoNe

I'm afraid we won't get a full group before that :/

I'm online now, in case you want to do the Outbreak Prime quest. Still would need a hunter though.

Probably. I have no one on friend list to do the quest, but if you have - I can go online.
Watching CS:GO match now so checking rarely. If something - send me a PSN message, I have a mobile app.

I've been a bit bored of Destiny. I've been hovering around 355 light and haven't gotten any good drops in a while. Sooo, I'm thinking to hit up Xur and re-vamp my defender a bit. I'm hoping to get The Glasshouse with intellect bonuses so that I can max out my barrier recovery. Good plan? I'd opt for the Helm of Saint 14 but it hasn't dropped for me yet.

Next, what about the Zhalo Supercell? I'm currently using the Khvostov. Worthy upgrade? Thanks.

Grab some 3 of Coins from Xur and have some fun in repeated Heroic Siva strikes.

I play on Xbox so I'm willing to chill with anyone that's here. Shoot me a PM.

Probably. I have no one on friend list to do the quest, but if you have - I can go online.
Watching CS:GO match now so checking rarely. If something - send me a PSN message, I have a mobile app.
If you guys want to continue this later ping me on PSN. Would be great to be able to finish it.

Top Bottom