• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Extremely LTTP and all as Destiny is the game my son religously plays not me. Yet he wanted me to play it too. Do over the past year and change I've slowly played some. Finally got this done this morning.

ps_messages_20170129_kjxmb.jpg

ps_messages_20170129_9mliy.jpg

ps_messages_20170129_m7a1e.jpg

ps_messages_20170129_g8l3y.jpg

ps_messages_20170129_dmlc2.jpg

ps_messages_20170129_u1lv4.jpg

Vanillalite

Alright Destiny GAF if I'm lvl 19 and I've completed the black guardian what should I do next?

The house of wolves quests from the reef?

Vanillalite

Anything you want? You can level up quickly in PvP, too. Once you've hit 25 and started the Taken King stuff you can unlock the third subclass.

I'm a noob. I know I'm late in the game, but I wasn't sure what the best next course of action is especially since they've added shit in all the expansions. Sorry! LoL

Someone suggested I do bounties? Where would one get those?

Also I just randomly joined a faction? The one over by the speaker. Should I be doing faction shit?

Sorry Destiny GAF for the newbie questions years later. Lol

can anyone help me with the Exotic Sword mission, Sunless Cell please.? ( void)

ive been trying for an hour but theses pugs kill my warden too early

psn jerky

Also I just randomly joined a faction? The one over by the speaker. Should I be doing faction shit?

Anytime you do something that earns Vanguard or Crucible rep (PvE and PvP activities, respectively), your pledged faction also gets rep. When your rank goes up, they give you packages with stuff in them. The first two are just a few motes and strange coins but after that you get armour or weapons.

Bounties are tasks you pick up from a few sources, that you can view/turn in from the bottom of the progress screen (to the left of your character screen). You can have 16 bounties at a time.

Right now, just the bounty robots at each social space have bounties (and each has the same inventory). After a quest chain is complete, Petra at the reef will have some. Once you get over 350 light, Zavala will have some for you. Most bounties are daily-- there is a new selection at each daily reset.

Just think...they used to actually work.

IMHO Hand canons were part of what made Destiny stand out to me. So much CoD and Battlefield is random small variations of fire rate and damage per bullet.

Noodling round with a hand cannon, pacing your shots and nailing crits left and right...it's just the best feeling.

I used TDYK almost exclusively through the early days. Sure the hung jury is a workhorse....but hand cannons just have a certain style to them.

Number45

I realise it was OP, but Y1 Hawkmoon is and will probably always remain my favourite exotic. Once I got it, it was pretty much the only primary I used. <3

I've been using handcannons and do well and enjoy them.

Are they really that bad? Am I something?
They're not bad, but they have some really frustrating mechanics (bloom, which translates to "you can hit a perfect headshot, but the game decides it's a miss) that mean you can lose engagements through no fault of your own.

I'm almost done with the Outbreak Prime quest, but need to clear the Raid.

Any 5 guardians would like to help me with it? We would do it on Normal Mode since I only need to kill the bosses.

Start time would be as soon as we have a group.

Finished the mat gathering for the Arc sword last Thursday, my final exotic (not counting the faction class items).

Gotta wait until Wednesday. Still the dumbest thing they should have fixed. Like even wait 24 hours would have been ok.

So, who's down to do the exotic sword strike on Wednesday night?

LTWood12

Finished the mat gathering for the Arc sword last Thursday, my final exotic (not counting the faction class items).

Gotta wait until Wednesday. Still the dumbest thing they should have fixed. Like even wait 24 hours would have been ok.

So, who's down to do the exotic sword strike on Wednesday night?

Holler at me.

I'm almost done with the Outbreak Prime quest, but need to clear the Raid.

Any 5 guardians would like to help me with it? We would do it on Normal Mode since I only need to kill the bosses.

Start time would be as soon as we have a group.
If you don't get it done today I'd be up for it tomorrow but probably not till around 9pm GMT.

I've been using handcannons and do well and enjoy them.

Are they really that bad? Am I missing something?

They're ok in PvE but you notice it more in PvP...even in PvP anything past half a room away can cause troubles.

You're already paying for the fact that you have less bullets and every hit has to count, so adding in random inaccuracy pushes them past what a lot of people will accept.

To be fair - if you watch Solo Aksis (and previous raid) clears they often use a Fatebringer...but they know they'll be within optimal range for what they're doing.

Mindlog

Is the Void exotic machine gun any good?
Randomly picked up the bounty yesterday and finished it in 30 mins.
It's the only void exotic HMG so it has that going for it.
However, 9/10 times I'm going Telesto for void burns or more generally when I need a void exotic.

Telesto is clearly besto. Racks up score and medals like crazy.

Dthomp

It's the only void exotic HMG so it has that going for it.
However, 9/10 times I'm going Telesto for void burns or more generally when I need a void exotic.

Telesto is clearly besto. Racks up score and medals like crazy.

All hail Telesto, it truly is besto

Is the Void exotic machine gun any good?
Randomly picked up the bounty yesterday and finished it in 30 mins.

Meh.

If its void burn I'd probably take Truth or Telesto over it. It's not bad, but not a unique weapon worth using IMO.

Should have been primary Void & Solar exotics instead.

Also, do prayer circles still work? Can we pray for Solar Burn heroics tomorrow?

I realise it was OP, but Y1 Hawkmoon is and will probably always remain my favourite exotic. Once I got it, it was pretty much the only primary I used. <3

They're not bad, but they have some really frustrating mechanics (bloom, which translates to "you can hit a perfect headshot, but the game decides it's a miss) that mean you can lose engagements through no fault of your own.

They're ok in PvE but you notice it more in PvP...even in PvP anything past half a room away can cause troubles.

You're already paying for the fact that you have less bullets and every hit has to count, so adding in random inaccuracy pushes them past what a lot of people will accept.

To be fair - if you watch Solo Aksis (and previous raid) clears they often use a Fatebringer...but they know they'll be within optimal range for what they're doing.

Oh wow I had no idea...that explains a lot actually. I thought I was just garbage with them, but the range gimp makes sense. It's frustrating in PVP because people often use shotguns to easily close the distance. So yeah, I dunno if handcannons are worth it in PVP.

Thanks for the info.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Playing other games never felt so good.

Prove the world wrong Bungle but making Destiny 2 the greatest thing ever.

KiDdYoNe

Kid, if you want to do the raid HM for the OP quest, you can do it in normal mode. That made it easier for me, went to destinylfg and found a group that was doing monitors. Didn't take too long. Good luck!

Nah, no problem with Hard mode. Already done the raid so just waiting for the PSN message to get online and finish the quest.

Playing other games never felt so good.

Prove the world wrong Bungle but making Destiny 2 the greatest thing ever.

I've been playing Rainbow Six Siege and I came back, very briefly for Iron Banner. Everything felt so slow. I want Destiny 2 to be amazing. For now, I'm sticking with Siege and FF14. Please Bungie, make me want to play your game.

I'm on month 2? without Destiny. It's been alright. There just hasn't been much to keep me coming back. I liked the Crucible, but after grinding to 400, I felt like I needed a big break.

Give me some of that Destiny 2, though. I'm ready for it.

NeOak

Top Bottom