• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

8blY9tS.gif

what the fuck

Lee

what the fuck

What were they thinking. Honestly though that's what shotguns should be. A huge amount of damage at very close range. You should be able to take out two dudes with one shot if they're stepping on your toes.

Looks like a charged melee with no back up plans, another dumb thing in the very long list of dumb things in the game

If they ever get around to a ranked mode exotic armour should be banned

Angry Guy

Finished the mat gathering for the Arc sword last Thursday, my final exotic (not counting the faction class items).

Gotta wait until Wednesday. Still the dumbest thing they should have fixed. Like even wait 24 hours would have been ok.

So, who's down to do the exotic sword strike on Wednesday night?

I'd be down if you still need another person. What time?

Uhh no thanks to 60fps, maybe pvp only, but 60fps in halo 5 was the most jarring pve experience ever; all the corners they had to cut to make the game run at 60 simply wasn't worth it for the pve experience.

I'm sure ps4 pro could handle it (like current fidelty @60), but ps4 and xb1 definitely aren't doing it without making sacrifices elsewhere.

eizarus

Banned
I just learned of how much more fun Destiny is when you play with a party. So hit me up if ya'll need an extra man for anything on PS4 ranjha187

Level 367 Hunter

aarcane

Finally had an Eyasluna drop with a range perk and without bloody Exhumed messing it up.

klhl6EX.jpg

Underdog and Grenadier, so it's far from perfect, but Truesight/Sureshot and Rifled? I'll take it.

Also got this 44 Curtain Call from a Crucible rank-up package. Field Choke, Kneepads (or Replenish), Rifled and Full Auto. Should be fun trying it out.

YUkfEA6.jpg

My Bones of Eao Bladedancer is now 400 light/T12, but I'm too lazy to take a screenshot of that.

Shiv47

My son needs to run challenge of elders for a quest, so I checked the modifiers this week, and they're trickle, with a bonus for supers. I know Bungie doesn't give a shit about these any more, but c'mon.

So I'm pretty close to 370. Are there any particular weapons/weapon types I should be leveling for WOTM?

Primary - scout rifle preferably with explosive rounds.
Secondary - high impact sniper, void preferred.
Heavy - Gjallarhorn, sleeper stimulant, dark drinker.

These are best in slot recommendations but honestly you can use any weapons, the raid isn't very demanding of specific weapons or skills.

Number45

My son needs to run challenge of elders for a quest, so I checked the modifiers this week, and they're trickle, with a bonus for supers. I know Bungie doesn't give a shit about these any more, but c'mon.
Stupid modifier/bonus combinations were fairly frequent when the content was fresh! Best I can suggest is to pack in subclasses that can create a load of orbs such as Nightstalker and Stormcaller.

Unstable

Why can't I have both? 60 fps and pretty graphics

You can!

Have you heard the good news about windows-based personal computing and gaming platform!? Besides, P.S.F has already confirmed D2 will be on PC. No compromise required!

<.<

>.>

I'll see myself out...

Mindlog

This approach would not work for Destiny for a number of reasons. Destiny does a lot more (like matchmaking at all times). Destiny's worlds and graphics are a lot more complex. Etc. And, of course, the PS3 was even less powerful than the 360 that Reach ran on. And its power is split up differently (just two main CPUs and six really fast but really tiny SPUs that don't do a lot but do specific small tasks really quickly).
lol
I wonder if that could still start a stupid fight now like it always did back in the day.

Honestly I just want ghost bullets/bloom to be fixed and a balance in PvP. If they can add 60 FPS on that, fine but who cares about FPS when there are many other problems that need to be fixed first. CBMM plz. Elemental primaries. Year 1 style Nightfalls / rewards / etc.

Developers doing graphics engine are not the same engineers doing matchmaking algorithms are not the same as those doing sandbox etc.

Parallel problems/non-problems (depending on view point) that can be addressed or not on their own timelines.

Honestly I just want ghost bullets/bloom to be fixed and a balance in PvP. If they can add 60 FPS on that, fine but who cares about FPS when there are many other problems that need to be fixed first. CBMM plz. Elemental primaries. Year 1 style Nightfalls / rewards / etc.

Elemental primaries were so god tier. yes please.

stay gold

60fps is a must for D2 imo. Playing Halo, Titanfall or CoD and then coming back to Destiny is not pleasant.

Destiny is still one of the best looking console games around as far as im concerned, so I don't care if it doesn't look much different.

Melchiah

60fps is a must for D2 imo. Playing Halo, Titanfall or CoD and then coming back to Destiny is not pleasant.

Destiny is still one of the best looking console games around as far as im concerned, so I don't care if it doesn't look much different.

But the sequel would look worse at 60fps on the PS4/XBO than the original.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OK another noob question. Forgive my noobness Destiny GAF.

I'm currently level 21 doing House of Wolves. I see I have a level 25 Taken King quest too.

I also see a couple of raids that are over my level.

Can I just stick to doing the House of Wolves and Taken King quests or will I eventually have to do the raid before I can move on to whatever the new expansion is?

Like do I have to beat the Taken King raids to get the next quests? Will I be totally under geared if I don't grab raid gear?

Number45

You should do them at some point (and they would be more engaging both in terms of combat due to LL and story if you were to do them when you get the associated quests), but there's no actual requirement in terms of progression to do the raids at all.

You should do them at some point (and they would be more engaging both in terms of combat due to LL and story if you were to do them when you get the associated quests), but there's no actual requirement in terms of progression to do the raids at all.

The problem with the raids too, is that when doing them now most people just know how to do them so theres really no mystery factor to them anymore. People will just tell you where to shoot, where to stand etc.

Kinda takes away from the exploration factor of them.

OK another noob question. Forgive my noobness Destiny GAF.

I'm currently level 21 doing House of Wolves. I see I have a level 25 Taken King quest too.

I also see a couple of raids that are over my level.

Can I just stick to doing the House of Wolves and Taken King quests or will I eventually have to do the raid before I can move on to whatever the new expansion is?

Like do I have to beat the Taken King raids to get the next quests? Will I be totally under geared if I don't grab raid gear?

You don't have to ever play any of the raids if you don't want to. They are, however, some of the best content in the game while also offering some unique rewards. That said, playing the raids or getting gear from the raids is not a requirement in any way in regards to leveling up/progressing a character. You can get to Level 40 and 400 Light Level without touching the raids.

glaurung

Thanks Destiny GAF!

You guys are soo nice and helpful to a noob like me! :)
You can get by never doing raids, but grinding for maximum light level (400 at the moment) will take longer if you don't do raids.

The raids are also the only place you get certain gear. Some of that is amazingly good. Destiny is a lot about vanity for players (and myself) and those raid sets, shaders and so on look really awesome at times.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
All other shooters are 60. Destiny 2 will probably be 30 because of the pve and they want consistency across both modes.

This and they probably want consistency across consoles too.

I'm sure the Pro and Scorpion could do 60fps and regular 4 and boner S could do 30. That causes all kinds of gameplay headaches though.

DestinyGAF, i have a question too.
I was pretty avid player since day 1, but after 120+ hrs i stopped playing it.
I didn;t have time for other games :)
But i bought recently D th collection and i'm having a blast. I'm addicted to it. Again.
Game is amazing beyond belief. As it always was...
Anyway.
I'm Warlock, lvl 40, Light about 300 and campaign for the Rise of Iron terryfing me.
Like level 42 enemies with 400 light requirements?
Is it for real ? (I'm now in the beginning of Taken king, enjoying doing cruicible, patrols, etc)
Also, how to (fast) upgrade subclass? I spent like 20hrs+ and i haven't maxed out my sunsinger (i'm almost there, just waiting for that two granades, but i will also like to have a maxed out Stormcaller).

Anyway, my PSN id is michalmarek77 :) Maybe i meet some of you, guys/gals, in D somewhere, someday.

NeOak

But i bought recently D th collection and i'm having a blast. I'm addicted to it. Again.
Anyway.
I'm Warlock, lvl 40, Light about 300 and campaign for the Rise of Iron terryfing me.
Is it for real ? (I'm now in the beginning of Taken king, enjoying doing cruicible, patrols, etc)
Also, how to (fast) upgrade subclass? I spent like 20hrs+ and i haven't maxed out my sunsinger (i'm almost there, just waiting for that two granades, but i will also like to have a maxed out Stormcaller).

Anyway, my PSN id is michalmarek77 :) Maybe i meet some of you, guys/gals, in D somewhere, someday.

Ignore level, all that matters is light level.

And you can get up to 385LL doing heroic strikes, so you'll be fine.

Lee

Anyway.

Yeah I found the same issue when starting over on PS4. You need to complete all of TTK at least and maybe a chunk of the Petra sidequests to get up to the right level for ROI. Or you can just use the lvl 40 boost and be ready instantly, but as you're already 40 that doesn't really work. You can use the 40 boost on a second character and transfer over the blues they get (320 or 340 or something) and that will help. It's a bit sloppy.

Ignore level, all that matters is light level.

And you can get up to 385LL doing heroic strikes, so you'll be fine.

Agreed but there is a weird spot where this guys at and I ran into the same issue. You can grind the low level strike playlist to level up but really you want to just play the RoI campaign, not grind strikes.

Weekly updates out, stream next Wednesday showing the weapon changes (10am PST) then it goes live on the 14th

It's welcome but they've left it far too long

Top Bottom