• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Its striking to me when I see someone say they have only played this game for 120 hours.

1765h

10 weeks 3 days 13 hours 52 minutes 7 seconds. Man I have no idea why my fiance hasn't left me yet,

Lee

Its striking to me when I see someone say they have only played this game for 120 hours.

1765h

10 weeks 3 days 13 hours 52 minutes 7 seconds. Man I have no idea why my fiance hasn't left me yet,

That number is tame compared to some of the folks around here.

Frostburn

Weekly updates out, stream next Wednesday showing the weapon changes (10am PST) then it goes live on the 14th

It's welcome but they've left it far too long

I agree, I understand they are working on Destiny 2 but with no idea of when that will actually come out; it is a shame their core fans basically have nothing to do but wait.

Dez_

I have to imagine High Caliber Rounds are going to be on the chopping block, though I stopped playing right after I got my god roll CD, so I never really got to see it in action that much.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Buff Thorn and nerf everything. Have Crimson days again and finally bring out fusion dance emote. And have a DBZ power up emote so when your partner dies you can use it and then your opponents are like oh shit it's SSJ and runs.

Number45

So are they nerfing the Grasp of Malok?

rip
Hand cannons still able to hit consistently more than 50% of the time. A second bloom effect added that blinds the wielder, and LiTC amended so that half the time it procs it also deals 198 damage to the wielder.

glaurung

Buff Thorn and nerf everything. Have Crimson days again and finally bring out fusion dance emote. And have a DBZ power up emote so when your partner dies you can use it and then your opponents are like oh shit it's SSJ and runs.
Pretty sure they said that there's no Crimson Days this time around. Bloom effect on hand cannons? What the hell would that look like?

deviant1

Xur selling crap once again. I still need those Ophidian Aspects and a Nemesis Star but damn engrams keep giving me everything but those 2 exotics.

So just throwing this out there, is anyone one here willing to pay a monthly fee (for D2) if it means the game has a shit ton more content?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Bungie hasn't proven it can maintain something on that scale. So the answer is nope.

Let's get a train going tonight.

FyreWulff

So just throwing this out there, is anyone one here willing to pay a monthly fee (for D2) if it means the game has a shit ton more content?

I don't think Bungie would go for that. I mean it's sort of the reality that if you're not Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft, it's really hard to convince people to buy pure subs for MMOs anymore. It's all MT fuelled quasi-subs.

And I say this as one of the dudes that subscribed for Bungie Pro.

They've outright said they don't mind if people shelve Destiny and come back to it.

I don't think Bungie would go for that. I mean it's sort of the reality that if you're not Final Fantasy or World of Warcraft, it's really hard to convince people to buy pure subs for MMOs anymore. It's all MT fuelled quasi-subs.

And I say this as one of the dudes that subscribed for Bungie Pro.

They've outright said they don't mind if people shelve Destiny and come back to it.

I remember them saying when the game was in development that they wanted to update the game regularly with new content, i think they said on a weekly basis even. Its a bit crazy to think about that now but its definitely something they were ''aware" of before the game came out.

Them saying "yeah just put it down for a while" to me is just them realizing that they really dont have a choice but to say that at this point.

FyreWulff

I remember them saying when the game was in development that they wanted to update the game regularly with new content, i think they said on a weekly basis even. Its a bit crazy to think about that now but its definitely something they were ''aware" of before the game came out.

Them saying "yeah just put it down for a while" to me is just them realizing that they really dont have a choice but to say that at this point.

Weekly updates are absurd though. You just can't do that.

Hell, Harmonix releases weekly content for Rock Band, but they're perpetually working with about a 4-5 month buffer of songs. It's not "true" weekly content.

And the put it down / etc style comments are from a long time ago. Luke said himself that Destiny isn't supposed to be a job like some other MMOs tend to be (and outright embrace, cough Final Fantasy 11 cough). I think they would prefer a more regular cadence, though.

Each event becoming enclosed with it's MTs was a piss off, though.

Weekly updates are absurd though. You just can't do that.

Hell, Harmonix releases weekly content for Rock Band, but they're perpetually working with about a 4-5 month buffer of songs. It's not "true" weekly content.

And the put it down / etc style comments are from a long time ago. Luke said himself that Destiny isn't supposed to be a job like some other MMOs tend to be (and outright embrace, cough Final Fantasy 11 cough). I think they would prefer a more regular cadence, though.

Each event becoming enclosed with it's MTs was a piss off, though.

No weekly is ridiculous. But i guarantee you that the last thing Bungie and Activision want, is for you to put their game down for a while.

This game should have a lot more content than it does now. But im beating a dead horse.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ummm. I just saw something I never seen before. Someone in patrol did like a 30 foot slash with the bolt caster. What.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry for short notice, but doing a King's Fall newbie raid tomorrow at 10:00AM. Anyone (especially first-timers) welcome, need peeps of any kind tho :)

KF goes a lot faster these days than it used to due to increased damage output for everything.

Saturday, February 4th 2017 - 10:00AM ET - King's Fall - Normal Mode

Absolutely not at any price point... assuming it's just "more content," following Destiny's genre and format, its model and value proposition does not warrant this in the least bit and it would just be an instant cue to never pick the game up for me.

If the thing were retooled into an actual MMO, it then wouldn't be an outright no, but still a very tough sell.

CLBridges

Ehh, I think I may have to replace the power supply on my ps4. It's been randomly shutting off and that gets really frustrating. Wanted to join for some crucible, closed out GTA and boom, shut off. I'll try again later.

stn

Fastest way to earn strange coins? Xur finally has T-14 Helm, I was waiting for months. Last weekend I gave up and bought some other stuff. Blah.

Mindlog

Woah. I see the general back on.

Train. Join up. Been a while.

2 spots. Join whenever. Wherever.
Gaahahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Now that song is going to be stuck in my head. Evil!
Fastest way to earn strange coins? Xur finally has T-14 Helm, I was waiting for months. Last weekend I gave up and bought some other stuff. Blah.
The old answer was Prison of Elders.
Nightfalls if you haven't done them.
Faction packages.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Whenever, wherever. We're meant to be together. I'll be there and you'll be near. And that's the deal my dear.

So like. A red or two every match. Nothing has changed. Like I would pay for perfect online matches at this point.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Fun's over.

Good while it lasted. For the sake of those who didn't leave, it's best we end it before we go insane from stuff out of our control.

Good games.

@Welcome.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks hedera! One more and we'd be able to launch. KF normal in 10 mins...

I have angry guy, blastbrandon and hedera, but unfortunately it's just too much of a stretch to do with 4. If anyone can help out or wants it, 2 more spots. Will give it 20 mins before I have to cancel (we have people in group with limited time)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry guys doesn't look like we'll be able to pull this one off. None of the peeps I typically bug for help in these situations is available.

Angry Guy, I may try to set a more impromptu one tonight after you get home if more people are around.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No worries. Hope you, dorssom, and all the other poor souls out there who have to work on a Saturday have a good one. ;)

Shiv47

Sorry guys doesn't look like we'll be able to pull this one off. None of the peeps I typically bug for help in these situations is available.

Angry Guy, I may try to set a more impromptu one tonight after you get home if more people are around.

My son would be interested in running it, but we were busy this morning. I think he'll be around tonight if you're trying to run it again. He's never done it.

NeOak

No worries. Hope you, dorssom, and all the other poor souls out there who have to work on a Saturday have a good one. ;)
;-;

I would have helped but work.

RIP.

I'm on Mountain time, so I can do uh, 9 pm est if you still need people by then.

tanod

when is my burrito
Hello all. I'm at ll 260ish and want to start doing the raid content. Do you guys recommend a clan or destiny lfg? What other alternatives are there? I typically play saturday afternoons (when i can get ny son to log off, he's ll 320ish) and the occasional weeknight at about 930. I wouldn't be opposed to signing up my son for a raid if people are language appropriate for a 3rd grader. We both really like the game, obviously.

PS4.

Shiv47

Hello all. I'm at ll 260ish and want to start doing the raid content. Do you guys recommend a clan or destiny lfg? What other alternatives are there? I typically play saturday afternoons (when i can get ny son to log off, he's ll 320ish) and the occasional weeknight at about 930. I wouldn't be opposed to signing up my son for a raid if people are language appropriate for a 3rd grader. We both really like the game, obviously.

PS4.

Your light level is suitable for the year 1 raids; you'll need to get to about 290 for Kings Fall, and 360ish for Wrath of the Machine. Hawkian runs newbie raids, signups for which he posts here (see above). Otherwise, people occasionally run the old raids for fun, but that's gotten pretty rare these days. Oh, and you can try the Destiny app to get a group if you want, no guarantee on how capable or friendly they're gonna be, of course.

PS4.

Your best bet by far is the https://www.the100.io/ As you can usually find a raid that fits around your time/needs. The game is more or less dead on here

Top Bottom