• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hello all. I'm at ll 260ish and want to start doing the raid content. Do you guys recommend a clan or destiny lfg? What other alternatives are there? I typically play saturday afternoons (when i can get ny son to log off, he's ll 320ish) and the occasional weeknight at about 930. I wouldn't be opposed to signing up my son for a raid if people are language appropriate for a 3rd grader. We both really like the game, obviously.

PS4.
If you're interested, typically the newbie raids lately have been on Saturday afternoons so I hope you can join one! And I'm not at all opposed to keeping things PG if your son wants to sign up (I'll just need to let the group know in advance ;)).

The one next Saturday the 11th would be vault of glass, which is the first raid. I think I'm babysitting my nephew that day but I may still be able to make it work. Or I could do Thursday the 9th at night around the time you mentioned if you think you could make that. Watch here for a sign-up form.

Would be awesome! This will be in the range of 7ish eastern

Cool, he said he'd be there. I'd help, but me and the wife are going out.

I can join with my friend, so that should be enough to fill up all the slots.. :)

RIP Batman

I'm on Mountain time, so I can do uh, 9 pm est if you still need people by then.

I think they'd actually like to finish the raid for once :p

Sweet, I think that's me, you, your friend, Angry Guy and shiv's son (can't remember his psn unfortunately), so we may still have 1 spot but definitely enough to get going. :)

What you grouping hawk? , havnt played destiny in awhile and an up for anything.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What you grouping hawk? , havnt played destiny in awhile and an up for anything.
King's Fall Newbie Raid. Looks like Ruthless actually needs to delay tho. Are you up for 9pm?

Angry Guy, you down for 9? And Shiv is probably out to dinner so I'm not sure if bach willl be around or not... looks like rob has a cousin who wants in tho. So we should have a team.

Shiv47

King's Fall Newbie Raid. Looks like Ruthless actually needs to delay tho. Are you up for 9pm?

Angry Guy, you down for 9? And Shiv is probably out to dinner so I'm not sure if bach willl be around or not... looks like rob has a cousin who wants in tho. So we should have a team.
My son said he'll be there. I'm incommunicado until about 10 from here on out, so message him on PSN if needed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It makes sense now.

ei5gYL1.gif

Train anyone?

Matt_C

I am using this old Japanese PS3 account, LastRenegarad , to play PS3 Destiny to farm Year 2 weapons before upgrading to my PS4. I somehow got a hold of an Atheon Checkpoint from a two man fireteam. So if anybody has a spare ps3 and active Destiny copy, please PM me here or via PSN.[/spoiler]

I completed Atheon and did Crota's End afterwards. No worries though.

Is running Crucible matches and dropping 3 of coins the best way to get out of the 385 LL rut?

Most engrams are pretty much useless for me now, unless it's a skeleton key chest or exotic engram dropped on Siva Strikes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Condolences to GIbb and Blu I rooted for your team but I knew better to go against the Empire.

^Yes. Or strikes.

Is running Crucible matches and dropping 3 of coins the best way to get out of the 385 LL rut?

Most engrams are pretty much useless for me now, unless it's a skeleton key chest or exotic engram dropped on Siva Strikes.
You can grind archon forge for 400 ll ghost,, artifact and class item.
Crucible legendary also drop 400, and shaxx bounty.
Nightfall,exotics and strike chests.

That's all I did to get to 400

Matt Frost

I deleted Destiny since I got my Icebreaker... waiting for new content. The last DLC was... sub-par... something good comes out next month or else...

Matt Frost

Very unlikely something is coming out next month IMO

I hope something comes out. Even if it is the same old raids but at 400. Or raise the level to 420. Or release every Y1 exotic. They have soooo many options... but they dont seem interested in working with "older" tech... High five for professionalism...

Shiv47

So does anyone know if there is or isn't a time limit to access the Black Spindle part of Lost to Light? I am trying to run my son through it, and both times the door to the ketch area was locked when we got there. We didn't wipe either time, and the second time we specifically ran through everything as fast as possible till that room, and still no dice. I can't seem to find a consensus on this, one reddit poster said he took 25 minutes to get to the door and it was open, others say the limit is there. It's annoying either way.

Mindlog

So does anyone know if there is or isn't a time limit to access the Black Spindle part of Lost to Light? I am trying to run my son through it, and both times the door to the ketch area was locked when we got there. We didn't wipe either time, and the second time we specifically ran through everything as fast as possible till that room, and still no dice. I can't seem to find a consensus on this, one reddit poster said he took 25 minutes to get to the door and it was open, others say the limit is there. It's annoying either way.
No time limit as far as I know and I've cleared it many times.
Are you running the heroic version of the mission?

If you are still on I can help. Thread is slow though. If you are looking sometimes next week as well let me know.

Shiv47

No time limit as far as I know and I've cleared it many times.
Are you running the heroic version of the mission?

If you are still on I can help. Thread is slow though. If you are looking sometimes next week as well let me know.
Yeah, we were doing the heroic version. Thanks for the offer, we're going to try again in the next day or two. We'll see what happens then.

No time limit afaik but if you are too fast (lol), sometimes the tomb husks don't spawn and you can't open the locks. Haven't seen or heard about the ketch area being locked, only thing I suggest is take your time and clear all the adds, maybe that will help?

Iirc, there is now a time limit on getting to the ship now that they have made it possible to run anytime-- purportedly you have to make it to the door in under 7 minutes on top of not wiping.

Have made it to the ship three times since the change so it is definitely possible (though trying to carry a six-year old at 200 LL through the ship was too much).

Edit: of course I cannot find the Reddit post that claimed the 7-minute limit.

Shiv47

No time limit afaik but if you are too fast (lol), sometimes the tomb husks don't spawn and you can't open the locks. Haven't seen or heard about the ketch area being locked, only thing I suggest is take your time and clear all the adds, maybe that will help?

Iirc, there is now a time limit on getting to the ship now that they have made it possible to run anytime-- purportedly you have to make it to the door in under 7 minutes on top of not wiping.

Have made it to the ship three times since the change so it is definitely possible (though trying to carry a six-year old at 200 LL through the ship was too much).

Edit: of course I cannot find the Reddit post that claimed the 7-minute limit.
Huh, the 7 minute thing if true could be why, I know the first time we didn't hit it as we were taking our time, but the second would have been pretty close. Not sure if we killed everything at each stop with the husks, I know the first room we just cruised through, so not there for sure.

Simbo

Neo Member
Can anyone remember a video from a year or so back based on Defender Titans? It was pretty funny and was done in a 'text to speech' voice.

A name or link would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom