• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Show me a better looking Guardian

C4EpwDmWEAAVUwf.jpg

Clue, you can't

Show me a better looking Guardian

Clue, you can't

What armour sets are those? I could probably dress mine up to match, and therefore equal yours! ;-)

I recognise the gloves as one of the default sets that drops all the time. Not sure on chest and boots (and shader)

I think I parked my warlock in full raid gear with the Aksis challenge mode emblem on display - there was a fair bit of stress and heartache behind that emblem!

Ah, thanks. I'll make sure we optimize time even more on our next run.

You probably know already but you can't wipe after you kill the Ogre and start running back...one team mate can die at a time but not the whole fireteam. If it's just two of you, the mission is pretty hard, even at current light levels, might be worth recruiting a friendly third to make it easier.

I remember back in the day, people running it when it first came out. It was a real pain to get done in time, and having to do 2/3rds of the strike per attempt was pretty soul destroying. Took me a few weeks before I managed to get mine.

The rimed robes out of the weekly loot box (a copy of the goat Seraph ps exclusive blue gear) boots are IB Saga steps, Haliaetus gloves which I don't think you can get anymore

As well as fashion though, its all shotgun ammo, Second wind, HC reloader/increased grenade throw and Solar armour for the upcoming return of Sunsinger

The rimed robes out of the weekly loot box (a copy of the goat Seraph ps exclusive blue gear) boots are IB Saga steps, Haliaetus gloves which I don't think you can get anymore

As well as fashion though, its all shotgun ammo, Second wind, HC reloader/increased grenade throw and Solar armour for the upcoming return of Sunsinger

Hmm might struggle with the robes, had tons of haliaetus gloves but might have deleted them all...

Generally delete shotty ammo and second wind perks though...

I haven't played this in a long time. I have all expansions except the newest one. Is it worth playing still or should I buy Rise of Iron? How far can I now get playing solo if I buy it? By that I also mean any modes where the game groups me up with other players. I stopped playing because I could never find anyone to do raids with. I think my character is about lvl 29

I haven't played this in a long time. I have all expansions except the newest one. Is it worth playing still or should I buy Rise of Iron? How far can I now get playing solo if I buy it? By that I also mean any modes where the game groups me up with other players. I stopped playing because I could never find anyone to do raids with. I think my character is about lvl 29

You only have to do matchmaking on your own (here, LFG, reddit etc) for raids, nightfalls, and Challenge of Elders (though the latter two are more or less easy to solo week to week).

You can get to end-game LL on your own through Strike chests, weekly strike bounties, and PvP.

The story campaign for Rise of Iron isn't nearly as good as Taken King's. Everything else is decent. Raid is amazing, so try and find a group.

Shiv47

Anybody want to help me get my son through the NF? He's right at 380, but I'm not sure I can get him through it by myself. He's never done one before.
Nm, we did it. Dark drinker makes that a piece of cake

I finally managed to do Wrath of the Machine, we stopped at the final boss due to time limits with the guy leading us but we're going to finish it tomorrow. That is a fun and quick raid, much less stressful than King's Fall, Crota HM.

Definitely a faster paced raid but no stupid platform/jumping puzzles. I probably wont get outbreak prime but Nightfall did compensate and gave me the icebreaker from the bounty. Hoping to practice hard mode with my other two friends that completed it. Want to get one clear before Destiny 2.

TsuWave

they better not fuck up my blind perdition (although i have a few god roll scouts just in case)

and if that stormcaller melee range is still sniper range i might just delete the game (not really)

Amduat Ink, its a random drop from Trials

My wishlist;

Low impact pulses - remove high cal and add severe damage drop off to combat (potential) camping
Med impact - damage drop off
High Impact - revert damage nerf

HC's remove bloom or loosen it. Hawkmoon replace HF with rifled, return Thorn to how it was the week before RoI

Shotguns are ok imo but I guess they'll make using Agg a tradeoff between choosing max range/impact

Snipers remove the flinch stuff and reduce AA

Autos and scouts don't use them but what ever makes them comp

Fusions and sidearms seem pretty OP in the right hands so leave

Bring back reforging to negate the million and one perk combos that either make a gun OP or 3 marks

Abilities I could write forever but no one cares enough anymore

glaurung

I finally got the new raid ship last night, so there is pretty much nothing left for me in Destiny.

The last bit I am currently grinding for is the new Trials armor sets for Titan and Hunter. But this is only possible when my PvP-capable friends are online. Most of the clanmates are amazing at PvE, but would find it hard even to get to five wins in Trials. Also missing some Trials shaders, Trials sparrow and Trials ship (which is even worse at dropping than the Nanophoenix).

Whatever they reveal today in the stream, I expect riots from some people.

123rl

My tactic for live streams: expect utter disappointment and anything above that is a bonus.

This is a fluffed-up weapons patch and nothing else. No new missions, no new content, no light level upgrades. Expect disappointment.

glaurung

My tactic for live streams: expect utter disappointment and anything above that is a bonus.

This is a fluffed-up weapons patch and nothing else. No new missions, no new content, no light level upgrades. Expect disappointment.
I expect this to be very true. There is a super slim hope for a sneak peek at what the Live Team has been building... But... I am not holding my breath.

GlamFM

Banned
The fact that they are seemingly rebalancing everything tells me that we are now officially beta testers for Destiny 2.

Fine by me.

hlhMNOk.jpg

Soon....

ViciousDS

Banned
The fact that they are seemingly rebalancing everything tells me that we are now officially beta testers for Destiny 2.

Fine by me.

hlhMNOk.jpg

Soon....

I have played Destiny on and off. I know I'm not huge into it like some other GAFFers.

But my hype for a game has never been so damn high.........Destiny 2 is probably my most looked to game this generation. It's hitting the Last of Us type of levels for me and I can't stop trying to find more info.

Someone on reddit was kind enough to put together a source of all basically confirmed info at this point.

God I just want some info today damn it!!!!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ll_destiny_2_information_that_is_potentially/

those concept art pics are just so.......damn........goooooood

edit: Glam......I'm pretty sure I nearly agree with any thread you are in haha

Dez_

Even though I've pretty much stopped playing Destiny (Titanfall 2 and Yakuza 0 have me hooked), I'm still interested to see what's coming up for the balance patch. Pulse rifles going to get tweaked most likely, but I have no idea what else is going to be looked at.

Top Bottom