• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Dez_

I am terrible at using the Last Word, but even I never fired the weapon that slow.

Edit: Did I hear Shinobu's Vow getting a nerf?

Jesus christ what did we change. Shinobus Vow and silence...........

that skorri shit wants to be a bad joke as well

No mention of grenades either

Trials will be even campier now, lose special and hide

HCs are back, Special Ammo is gone after each death, special crates every 60 seconds

TO add to that-
Shotguns don't get precision damage anymore(Except for a couple that rely on it with perks), they get 20% more damage in PvE to compensate, less accurate in midair, Range Finder nerfed

Dez_

Wait, maybe I missed it, but does Bungie ever do anything to scout rifles? It seems like they stay the same throughout all the weapon tweaks.

I'll have to play some crucible to really get a feel of the changes. I'm interested to see how it will play out. Don't think this is going to tear me away from Titanfall 2 or Yakuza 0, but I am intrigued.

SgtCobra

It's even worse than I expected. Why does Bungie have such a hard on for meta's? They keep mentioning that word like it's something that makes the game better. Why can't everything be competitive?
And LOL @ no changes to Skorri's artifact.

This may end up being the most campy """meta""" yet.

stay gold

They nerfed Arc Blade, my mind is shattered. It's comfortably the shittest super in the game.

Watching them play at the end explains everything

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What's the point of nerfing shotguns if you are going extreme with nerfing specials anyway?

Changes benefit me. This is huge as a whole because most of the people you see in 6v6 are shotgunners. This is going to promote camping even more. Bungie doesn't think about things as usual.

^What cobra said.

They nerfed Arc Blade, my mind is shattered. It's comfortably the shittest super in the game.

Watching them play at the end explains everything

Lmao. I'll give it a month until the special changes are reverted like there last failed experiment. Trials will be all HC - Ice Breaker/Invective as no one is going to risk losing one round then have to wait 60 seconds for ammo

NLB will be abused as well. I was so hopefully after all the no nerfs shit but as we saw they're playing a different game

Not trying to defend Bungie's hackneyed attempts at "balancing" but with the variety of weapon subtypes they're trying to offer I don't see a scenario where the game will ever be remotely balanced.

TsuWave

Lmao. I'll give it a month until the special changes are reverted like there last failed experiment. Trials will be all HC - Ice Breaker/Invective as no one is going to risk losing one round then have to wait 60 seconds for ammo

NLB will be abused as well. I was so hopefully after all the no nerfs shit but as we saw they're playing a different game

trials is fully going to be icebreaker, NLB and sidearms and there really isn't going to be a way of countering that with non exotic snipers and other specials since they did what they did to special ammo. god.

16667880_10101890845253237_53142220_o.png

Will this be the new wave for pulse rifles?

aarcane

Lmao. I'll give it a month until the special changes are reverted like there last failed experiment.

I can only hope. Didn't they learn anything from last time?

To be honest, I'm just a little salty that running sniper ammo on my hunter's boots and chest to spawn with 12 rounds (with specific weapons) is now pointless because I'l lose it all when I get taken out.

Suppose I'll have to start running nightfalls again to get an Icebreaker.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think they should get rid of artifacts in trials. Let the most high level PVP mode be based more on skills than luck and having a particular item equipped. It's okay to have it in 6v6.

TsuWave

^edit - you did not. change was for highest damage pulses, i mistakenly thought it was for hopscotch archetype.

genuinely grieving special ammo

Shiv47

I'll always treasure the times I had with my Grasp. Not sure I'll be bothering with much more PvP in this game anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter too much. I was hoping they'd just go full on crazy for the remaining time that Destiny was running, but that was always a pipe dream.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Most of us have been with the game since the beginning. Bungie has never really done any changes which the majority liked. History repeats itself.

WeTeHa

> bring back ice breaker & place it behind nightfall bounty rng
> fuck up the special ammo economy so everyone wants an ice breaker
> ???
> profit

stay gold

So at least part of the Blink change is your HUD disappears for a couple of seconds when you Blink. Hopefully they also make weapons ready faster or else this is yet another nonsensical change.

When Destiny 2 hits, PvP will be melee/grenades. All them nerfs for all tastes, no one gets left behind. And when I started(TTK) PvP was a blast, so much variety.

unless we really care about doing literally everything we can skip most of the TTK quests correct?

I'd skip it all bar Story missions, subclass quests and the one to unlock Nightfalls

giphy.gif

One more week and hopefully I can do this with Hawkmoon

Bonus content Bungie PvP testers in full effect https://twitter.com/Phixua/status/829427054634471424

Double edit mantis has confirmed that everyone (even if you live) will lose all your special between rounds, utterly clueless

Lasty95

Can someone breakdown the Handcannon changes?

Is this a nerf or a buff?

I stopped playing Destiny a while back because they totally abandoned any meta that worked for me (especially with HCs).

Top Bottom