• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm back with another noob question.

Is the new subclass you unlock during Taken King definitely better than your old two choices or is it just another subclass to have in your rotation?

GlamFM

Banned
I'm back with another noob question.

Is the new subclass you unlock during Taken King definitely better than your old two choices or is it just another subclass to have in your rotation?

It´s different and it´s good to have all 3 fully leveled up eventually.

You´ll need different abilities / burns for different situations.

What class are you running?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It´s different and it´s good to have all 3 fully leveled up eventually.

You´ll need different abilities / burns for different situations.

What class are you running?

Hunter and was gunslinger, but the last quest I did unlocked Nightstalker.

The patch notes look like they're going to continue the downward spiral of ruining this game's multiplayer. Part of me thinks Bungie knows exactly what theyre doing and are using the diminishing playerbase to accumulate data for Destiny 2's balance. But if they wanted people to actually enjoy playing the game and keep playing, they're absolutely clueless.

They might be worse than 343 at this point.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm babysitting my niblings this weekend but wanted to try and get in a newbie raid tonight if possible. Wrath of the Machine was requested .

Alternatively I think Nioh may very well be one of my most favoritest things so if it doesn't happen and I'm forced to play that all night instead, I will only cry a little. ;)

Wrath of the Machine Normal - Newbie Raid - Thursday, February 9th - 9:00PM Eastern Time

All are welcome as always! Would be cool to get Challenge Mode done so someone comfortable with throwing the bomb at the switch to help out would be amazing.

Pretty disappointed with what they've shown of the patch but I'm excited to use auto rifles again. Time to dust off my god rolled An Answering Chord.

If the $40 i spent towards emotes while only being able to use one of them at a time doesn't get credited in some fashion, it more or less guarantees I hang the cloak up on this franchise.

Unstable

This is bullshit, and fairly poor bullshit at that.

1.It's a combination of various leaks, rumors, and vague plausibility. For example;

2. Forge of Gods was the working title for the 5th Destiny DLC, starring the Cabal.

3. Press Sneak Fuck already reported that Destiny 2 will receive a PC release.

4. Destiny 2 is absolutely not using a new engine. Bungie spent a good five years or so on the current Destiny engine. Sure, the content iteration issues are, well documented, to say the least. However, that's a fixable problem. Why throw away five years of engineering and otherwise very performant engine out with the bath water? You don't.

5. Not allowing your Destiny 1 characters to transfer is a design choice. If Bungie does go do that route, it's to unshackle themselves from Destiny 1's game design, not for fucking beards.

(6. Seriously though, D2 absolutely must have beards. Imagine Exo beards with me for a moment. Yes, yes. Get on it Luke.)

7. The OP's name is, literally, "Inside_Leaks" <--- With an underscore, clearly not the real "Inside Leaks" that we want here.

netguy503

I'm babysitting my niblings this weekend but wanted to try and get in a newbie raid tonight if possible. Wrath of the Machine was requested .

Alternatively I think Nioh may very well be one of my most favoritest things so if it doesn't happen and I'm forced to play that all night instead, I will only cry a little. ;)

Wrath of the Machine Normal - Newbie Raid - Thursday, February 9th - 9:00PM Eastern Time

All are welcome as always! Would be cool to get Challenge Mode done so someone comfortable with throwing the bomb at the switch to help out would be amazing.

Just signed up. Never done this raid but I'm a 400 Titan so I should be over leveled. It would be nice if we could do it on hard as well for that silver trophy. This should be 6 PST (my time).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just signed up. Never done this raid but I'm a 400 Titan so I should be over leveled. It would be nice if we could do it on hard as well for that silver trophy. This should be 6 PST (my time).
Ah sorry, HM for a group with people who have never done it is a little too high-stress... especially on a work weeknight for me. I'm happy to set up a hard run for another time though.

3 spots remaining for tonight.

OK gaf. It's time I try to get the flawless raider. What are my best options? Obviously Crota, right? Is there a class that is easier? Should I try and solo it or with a group? I watched a few people solo it and they always make is seem so damn easy.

C4QLju_UMAA1nyh.jpg

Record levels, record levels, highest levels, Destiny 2 will be 2017

Activision will milk the fuck out of it to get dem record levels

is that all we getting today?
ItsFuckingNothing.gif

But hey...I'd rather have a full blown Game Informer 12-page reveal and/or E3 epic reveal than an actual annoucement during an Investor Q&A. ;)
Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I kinda like a big game reveal splash.

So— seems to me slow RoF ARs are going to be pretty damn vicious:
In the stream, Genesis Chain was doing 27 to the body and 35 to the head. Ones without impact-improving barrel mods are going to do 25-26 and 33-34. That's .667s for 6 headshots or .93s for 8 body shots.

In comparison DoP/Arminius/etc will have a headshot TTK of .8s and the middle ones will stay at .9 for headshots.

Glad I hung onto my favourite Dealbreaker.

Edit: derp, forgot focus fire.

Mindlog

So if Destiny 2 is delayed to next year Activision gets a bunch of Bungie shares.

That was a dumbass contract clause for both Activision and Bungie, but especially for us. We can pretty much count on something definitely being farted out this year.

So&#8212; seems to me slow RoF ARs are going to be pretty damn vicious:
In the stream, Genesis Chain was doing 27 to the body and 35 to the head. Ones without impact-improving barrel mods are going to do 25-26 and 33-34. That's .667s for 6 headshots or .93s for 8 body shots.

In comparison DoP/Arminius/etc will have a headshot TTK of .8s and the middle ones will stay at .9 for headshots.

Glad I hung onto my favourite Dealbreaker.

Someone on reddit worked it out and slow RoF autos will go to .80 - I just got a zero day dilema from a crucible package with grenadier, perfect balance and counter balance, I hate using Autos though :(

this is the current TTK https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7FV9l4hXo2tHD3XlFUp854XvJIwTKFIPvASLduPPS4/htmlview#

Reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5sv81u/massive_breakdown_of_the_patch_2502_preview/

dext3rr

I just bought legendary edition on PSN sale. Last time I played beta in 2014. How big is the community right now? I haven't heard much about Destiny lately. I'm gonna play it with my friend - 2 players co-op, starting from level 1. Any advices?

Top Bottom