• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Are there still people in this thread that actually care about trials (and not just its rewards) and want to get better/get to the lighthouse? I point out the difference between caring about the loot and actually caring about the mode because at this point, after bungie has confirmed that nothing (actually nothing) will carry over to the next game, playing something purely for the loot or whatever is pretty useless. If there are still such people here, quote this post with psn and i'll add you.

SoulClap

I hope they let players, like me, who kept their year 1 stuff to infuse it to max light level instead of trying to obtain them all over again...or am I the only one with all VoG weapons stored? lol

I still have them. Whenever I open my vault, they're a constant reminder of a time when raid weapons were good.

Are there still people in this thread that actually care about trials (and not just its rewards) and want to get better/get to the lighthouse? I point out the difference between caring about the loot and actually caring about the mode because at this point, after bungie has confirmed that nothing (actually nothing) will carry over to the next game, playing something purely for the loot or whatever is pretty useless. If there are still such people here, quote this post with psn and i'll add you.

I mean I'm average at best, but wouldn't mind getting better. Like getting to the lighthouse, not because of pure luck, but with some skill. That said, I tend to flux pretty bad though. Really good one day to, what just happened?

Pandora012

Deku Tree

"Biggest record book yet" sounds awful. I was hoping to just do one of each old raid quick and have my y3 MoT finished and be done with D1.

Only thing that "Biggest record book yet" can mean is they are asking you to do a ton of grinding of old content with a twist that you already grinded to death. And you know that your not gonna get any credit for the old grinding.

vctor182

Yo. The Wrath weapons are mostly excellent

I don't have the full set but the weapons I have are good. Back in Y1 most VoG weapons had 1 unique perk that you could not get otherwise, or at least I never saw another Hand Cannon with Firefly, Scout/Shotgun with Full Auto or Fusion with GHF before the 1st expansion was released. from the WotM weapons I have the AR has Focused Firefly, sniper has Wait for it and the Shotgun has Running interference, these perks are unique to their weapons like VoG in their time.

On another note, with Fatebringer coming back I feel sorry for all those players chasing after their perfect Imago Loop/Fatebringer.

I like the record books for the most part but I'm not really too interested in the Biggest Record Book Ever. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of grinding. One only has to look as far as the Rise of Iron Record Book, particularly the Wrath of the Machine pages to get an idea of what's going to be in it.

I really just want D2 already. Give me a beta or something after E3.

darthbob

"Biggest record book yet" sounds awful. I was hoping to just do one of each old raid quick and have my y3 MoT finished and be done with D1.

Only thing that "Biggest record book yet" can mean is they are asking you to do a ton of grinding of old content with a twist that you already grinded to death. And you know that your not gonna get any credit for the old grinding.

Really hoping the AoT book isn't tied to Y3 Moments of Triumph, if that's even going to be a thing.

I main a Titan so I can't be arsed to complete the Hunter and Warlock pages, and yeah, it's definitely going to be a grind as they've mentioned AoT to be the last live event. Gotta stretch this sucker out til next fall I guess.

SpecX

I hope they let players, like me, who kept their year 1 stuff to infuse it to max light level instead of trying to obtain them all over again...or am I the only one with all VoG weapons stored? lol

I would hope so, but I doubt they will. I thought they would have done this when they brought back some of the Y1 Vanguard weapons like TDYK, but they forced you to get the "new" version for the higher levels.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just as expected. It's a nice gesture for vets but it'll get old quick just like with everything.

If they aren't going to forward anything does that mean our current stats will be refreshed or are they going to forward that? I mean this is supposed to be an ongoing series, something has to carry over. It can't be completely new all the time. I know a lot of hardcore players care about their stats.

I mean, this would have been something I say after the Oryx era, but right now I feel like Iron Lords era was way too short and vague and think they should have just focused on further expanding THAT expansion. At least one last hoo-rah before D2 but, I guess re-doing old raids and strikes is what the cool kids want these days.

If they aren't going to forward anything does that mean our current stats will be refreshed or are they going to forward that? I mean this is supposed to be an ongoing series, something has to carry over. It can't be completely new all the time. I know a lot of hardcore players care about their stats.

There will probably be separate API calls for Destiny 2 stuff, especially as it sounds like Destiny 1 content will remain playable.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It would be funny if Destiny 2 PVP is a lot worse and people stick to one. Kinda like the Smash scene with Melee.

SpecX

Kinda curious, about when Destiny 2 comes out. I wonder if people will stick to Discord or go back to the OT.

I would hope OT's make a comeback especially since we should be expecting new players who might not want to deal with Discord to find a group. If D2 is a great experience as D1 was, I could easily see this place revive and become fast pace again with conversations.

_sumthingj

Neo Member

sumthingj

Dthomp

I would love to get better at trials and play with some great players, have never been to the lighthouse either :(

PSN is Dthomp

CLBridges

Cool trailer. Can't believe it's been almost 3 years of me consistently playing this game. But what I can believe is people still whining and complaining about a 3 year old game lol. Driveby shitposts and suckas still salty about vanilla Destiny, funny. I know I should avoid Gaming side Destiny threads but I can't help myself sometimes lol.

I put my controller down as soon as the banners dropped at the end of a match— to compose an intelligent, nuanced, and erudite rant on Facebook— and picked it up as soon as I started to spawn in the next match and was kicked for inactivity. FFS.

pablito

I finally did it. Light 400

giphy.gif

Acidote

In other news, I reached 352 just yesterday. I've been told to do forges to up my level but it's been hard finding people to do them. I think I'll stick to plays strikes and crucible. What's the higher LL i can get from strikes? Is it still limited?

Yeah this. I've had a ton of fun over the years, and got all the main books done...So now I sort of feel obliged to do this one, and complete the set...Even though it will be grinding old stuff.

Plus it may well involve playing the old raids several times and I will really struggle to find non-terrrible LFG groups.

SilentFlyer

ixYi

Spades

Sounds great to me. I just want to have goals. I'm sure a lot of the stuff we'll have already completed anyway.

Spades

I wonder if the arrival of Age of Triumph will also bring Xbox users the ridiculously overdue PS4 content that we've been waiting for.

Dez_

You know, it's really hard for me to be too excited over this Age of Triumphs stuff, mostly because there are big titles coming that I'm really looking forward to playing that will keep me occupied as far as gaming goes. Zelda has been fantastic, Nier is looking great, and I've been waiting for Persona 5 since Winter 2014.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread. I would love to do some older raids for the hell of it, since they've all been fun (even the tedious and rigid King's Fall). I do hope to see a revival of the community thread here, maybe with Destiny 2. I did a lot of my activities here and met and played with a lot of cool people during my time playing Destiny, far more than other games I've played, and made some pretty great friends as well. Despite all the issues I have with this game, I really like how great the community has been, and have had a great time overall. I hope the sequel manages to foster the same kind of community

123rl

I'm in for redoing the old raids a few times. Any groups for the Xbox euro-gaf version?

Can I have the details for Discord? I've asked a few times but I think the requests got lost in the OTs

I'm in for redoing the old raids a few times. Any groups for the Xbox euro-gaf version?

Can I have the details for Discord? I've asked a few times but I think the requests got lost in the OTs

I got ya.

Sorry it took so long for you to get an invite.

njd_online

Banned
OOOhhhh I hope this doesn't come across as hopelessly noobie.

Haven't been on in ages and wondering how to get on the Discord chat. More for upcoming Destiny 2 chat than jumping in on current game.

Kill if lame. (^_^;)

Watching the trailer for the reveal just makes me want to go do the old Raids again. Any PS4 players thinking the same thing? Time to dust off the Destiny disk.

TyrantII

It would be funny if Destiny 2 PVP is a lot worse and people stick to one. Kinda like the Smash scene with Melee.

Always possible.

There's rumors of a new engine where content creation can be done on the fly instead of compiling a new instance overnight in a server farm.

To me that sounds like a totally new engine, if not a radical redesign.

Which can always effect the feel of combat and small things that people are used to.

Man, 44 Thread on this.

I just tried the trial on this game and it's really good. Would you guys recommend me buying the deal @ $40 right now or wait until Destiny 2?

Top Bottom