• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

LTTP with the news...
I'm OK with a fresh start.
No one can take my exp/memories of awesome DGAF time. <3
I can now chill until D2.
TO-DO:
-- complete Y3 triumphs
-- obtain Dark Drinker
-- level up my 3rd char's (Hunter) subclass to the end
-- finally, ONE OF THESE DAYS, play WoTM for the first time. ;_;

sigh... leading by 110 to 102 or something in IB, then the game decided to pick that moment to lag out on me and not recognize the 2 crests I walked over while still allowing the other team to get a kill on me and took my crest, then turn the tide and ended the game 112 to 120 or something... the lag is just super frustrating from time to time, anyone else getting games like that?

The detailed radar perk (eg. Nightstalker Hunter) is good for looting the chests.

or, if you have that Rise of Iron Artifact that give you the same ability.

Any idea what time you plan on running this? Definitely down for a VOG run.

what time were you planning to do it? if you see me on i'll run with you. my psn is milkham

probably going to do it around 10 or 11 am PST. my PSN is Beholder-Y. just look me up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So what's the easiest way for someone playing TTK stuff to get legendary marks? Trying to get as much easy gear to 350 as possible.

CLBridges

Didn't expect anything to carry forward, and kinda didn't want it too. Glad that Bungie confirmed that. And, based on some posts I've read, looks like some are expecting the old raids to be made current. I'm all for that along with a few new things to go with this final event.

Three years of Destiny and it's pretty much been the most fun I've ever had with any game. Prior to it, I'd never played any FPS for more than a few hours before being bored or getting sick (literally, some of them make me nauseous). Destiny, to me, is definitely one of a kind and I've met a lot of cool people, been apart of this great community and look forward to doing it all again with Destiny 2. Warlocks 4 life! Hunters and Titans still sleep with a night light lol.

Yo Destiny GAF

I got that forge your sword quest line.

Where da fuq do you find hedium flakes? I got all of the other mat and 0 of these dang things.

You can find them here:
Dreadnaught_chest_locations_map3.jpg
Just run the "hull breach" area in a circle, and then go back to orbit and repeat, mind you those are just possible spawns, they don't spawn in all those spots 100% of the time, so just running a circle is the fastest way.
You might even get a couple keys of EIR/UR/XOL, these chests have multiples of them.

Vanillalite

You can find them here:

Just run the "hull breach" area in a circle, and then go back to orbit and repeat, mind you those are just possible spawns, they don't spawn in all those spots 100% of the time, so just running a circle is the fastest way.
You might even get a couple keys of EIR/UR/XOL, these chests have multiples of them.

My man!

You can find them here:

Man where were you 2 weeks ago when I was trying to get them. It took me for ever to just run around and figure out their spawns.

I'm playing IB to basically gear up, and really digging the Outbreak Prime now.

The lag/red bars are still jank status, but at this point, doesn't matter. More gear for the others.

Nerix

Is it still worth to go for the scout rifle "Touch of Malice" or are there better options? Any recommendations for pvp / pve scouts?

I am using the Boolean Gemini now, and am quite happy with it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Trying to get a full team is next to impossible this week. Nobody really wants to touch IB supremacy. I'm having fun with other games though.

Number45

Is it still worth to go for the scout rifle "Touch of Malice" or are there better options? Any recommendations for pvp / pve scouts?

I am using the Boolean Gemini now, and am quite happy with it.
Right now there's not much reason to go for ToM unless you want to collect all of the exotics. It was pretty much a requirement for Kings Fall but with the raised LL I don't even think it's necessary there now (though it probably still makes certain phases easier than without).

Vanillalite

Better chance of Rise of Iron dropping higher level gear than Taken King right?

I still have a bunch of random TTK quests, but my light level is finally good enough to start ROI.

Vanillalite

Better chance of Rise of Iron dropping higher level gear than Taken King right?

I still have a bunch of random TTK quests, but my light level is finally good enough to start ROI.

I'll answer myself.

Yes. Gear grind back to being easier again. Drops way better doing ROI quests.

Vanillalite

Uhhh help?

I got a quest turn in at the Iron Temple, but it says I have no room in my inventory? I guess I have max glimmer or whatever? What do I do now?

I'm stumped lol

put some of you weapons/armors/material/ away in the safe maybe? what quest is it and can you see what reward are you getting?

if it's glimmer or legendary marks, just buy some weapon parts with the glimmer from the weaponsmith and buy some material with legendary marks from the robot near Amanda Holiday (the ship lady).

Vanillalite

put some of you weapons/armors/material/ away in the safe maybe? what quest is it and can you see what reward are you getting?

if it's glimmer or legendary marks, just buy some weapon parts with the glimmer from the weaponsmith and buy some material with legendary marks from the robot near Amanda Holiday (the ship lady).

My man! Thanks!

Vanillalite

For the few other players like me trying to rise through the ranks here's my tip.

Don't focus too much on TTK stuff post the main quest. Just do what you can that's easiest while grabbing gear. Also don't hesitate to use your 3 of Coins in PVP as well as your legendary marks on cheap faction/PvP gear.

I wouldn't worry about being a completionist. You'll have a way better chance getting random drops doing Rise of Iron. So as soon as you hit the high 200s in terms of LL bail on TTK bullshit.

So I recently started my Hunter character after getting my Titan to level 40 and finishing TTK.

Is it worthwhile to keep both subclasses evenly leveled?

Mindlog

So I recently started my Hunter character after getting my Titan to level 40 and finishing TTK.

Is it worthwhile to keep both subclasses evenly leveled?
Are you planning on playing more PvE or PvP?
Either way fully level Nightstalker first :p

*If you meant should you level Hunter and Titan evenly. Play the one you have the most fun with. Exchanging engrams and infusion fodder is a great way to power level each class. There's probably a min/max tip in there, but it all may change if they raise the LL by 20 points anyway.

Vanillalite

TTK might have been more fleshed out than OG Destiny, but I think I enjoy the original Story beat and areas slightly more.

I really like the Vex stuff. Much more interesting than the Taken or the Cabal.

So far I like the Rise of Iron stuff. It's cool going back to see more of Earth, and to deal with an obvious badass in the Iron Lord.

Me and my brother looking to do some NF or WOTM

His first time on WOTM, I've beaten once.

when you plan on doing it? I'm out of town right now but I'm down for doing it when I'm back Tuesday night if you want to do it after reset.

might as well do the Outbreak Prime for him while you're at it.

LTTP, regarding Destiny 2, I don't care about gear so long as I have mementos of what I managed to do in the game.

At a minimum that would be carrying over the emblems, as they commerorate raids and challenge modes etc.

I didn't spend any money in eververse but I think it's crappy that easy to port paid content (e.g. ghosts and dances) are not carried over.

milkham

Honestly? I'd love if they put some thought and lore into us losing our gear. I don't expect it, but it's better than just ignoring it. Especially if we're keeping the looks of our current characters.

In the Age of Triumphs shield image they used in the update there's iconography for all 4 of the raids. I'm pretty positive they're coming back in some form of weekly challenge.

Firehawk used to joke that in Destiny 2 you'd play as the offspring of your Destiny 1 guardian who requested to be buried with his/her gjallarhorn.

Trying to finish off a few things on Xbox One. Any suggestions as to how to get 3 public events with a fire team for the Outbreak Prime quest? LFG doesn't seem to be working.

Still need Flawless Raider as well if anyone wants to help.

Hesemonni

Banned
Apparently practice makes perfect: I can now easily do KF jumping sections without constactly dying and having a tantrum with my warlock :p The only bit I might die is that last chasm crossing before daughters where you're supposed to land on that long ... thing protruding from the wall and work your way up from there. It sucks.

pablito

when you plan on doing it? I'm out of town right now but I'm down for doing it when I'm back Tuesday night if you want to do it after reset.

might as well do the Outbreak Prime for him while you're at it.

We managed to get him the WOTM yesterday. Sunday's the only day he can play, though, so Tuesday wouldn't work.

vctor182

Man it's so nice to see auto rifles being useful again, Suros Regime is back! those last 10 rounds do so much damage and you don't have to worry about running out of ammo if paired with a sidearm with quickdraw.

Apparently practice makes perfect: I can now easily do KF jumping sections without constactly dying and having a tantrum with my warlock :p The only bit I might die is that last chasm crossing before daughters where you're supposed to land on that long ... thing protruding from the wall and work your way up from there. It sucks.

I ran VoG saturday and when we reached the jumping puzzle I was shocked that it was so easy compared to the KF...

GazzaGSi

So Raid trophies aside I'm not far off the platinum for this but I've just realised Packing Heat (fully upgraded an Exotic weapon) seems to have glitched as my Hawkmoon Hand Cannon is fully upgraded and the trophy remains locked. Worth trying a different weapon or does anyone know a work around? Thanks

glaurung

So Raid trophies aside I'm not far off the platinum for this but I've just realised Packing Heat (fully upgraded an Exotic weapon) seems to have glitched as my Hawkmoon Hand Cannon is fully upgraded and the trophy remains locked. Worth trying a different weapon or does anyone know a work around? Thanks
Sounds like a bug, but then again, Hawkmoon was a PS exclusive for a time.

Try applying a telemetry (buy from Gunsmith) and pumping up a Thunderlord or something.

Truly excited about this last event. It's gonna be fun doing VOG at high levels again.

Looking forward to just raiding and having fun with the record book and any new/old stuff we are gonna be doing.

I love Destiny and I hope it gets a worthy send off.

Roll on Destiny 2...

Shiv47

I'm not holding my breath for Crota, I'd love to be wrong but that raid is broken in parts and very simple comparatively speaking. Still, would love it

Did you how many pages were in that triumphs book? Gonna need a lot of rehashed content to fill that, so all three earlier raids will no doubt be in there.

vctor182

I hope they let players, like me, who kept their year 1 stuff to infuse it to max light level instead of trying to obtain them all over again...or am I the only one with all VoG weapons stored? lol

Top Bottom