• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Man, 44 Thread on this.

I just tried the trial on this game and it's really good. Would you guys recommend me buying the deal @ $40 right now or wait until Destiny 2?

I mean there is alot of content for $40, but you have to remember nothing really transfers to D2. Also, it might be hard to find people to do the raids with.

GazzaGSi

Man, 44 Thread on this.

I just tried the trial on this game and it's really good. Would you guys recommend me buying the deal @ $40 right now or wait until Destiny 2?

I started acouple of weeks ago on the Destiny Collection off the store and having a blast, still plenty of folk around to play with and almost 50 hours in I've barely scratched the surface.

vctor182

I mean there is alot of content for $40, but you have to remember nothing really transfers to D2. Also, it might be hard to find people to do the raids with.

I'm not sure if Hawkian is still doing the weekly newbie raids on PS4 but I could join teams during the weekends.

FyreWulff

with a hard reset and a potential PC version coming, I wonder how many people would eye jumping since they have to start over anyway.

darthbob

3A 1/6th Scale Hunter shipped today!

3A_Destiny_Hunter_BungieStoreEdition_Landscape_Right_v002.png

Spades

I unlocked the Raid at the end of TTK the other night and I never found anyone playing it on XB1.

My regular Xbox raid crew all met on the100.io so I'd recommend that. Alternatively, if you want some vets to get you through KF, send me a message and we'll gladly run you through whatever content you want.

Just in the game, when you start it it sits at the screen for a while and then starts with just me. I tried twice but it never put anyone else in with me, and I ran around for a little bit hoping to see other people but I never did.

... there's no matchmaking for raids.

You need to use one or many of the LFG ("looking for game") options available— here (inc. our Discord), Bungie's mobile-app, the one on the XBox, the100.io, this or that Destiny LFG.

What timezone are you in?

... there's no matchmaking for raids.

You need to use one or many of the LFG ("looking for game") options available— here (inc. our Discord), Bungie's mobile-app, the one on the XBox, the100.io, this or that Destiny LFG.

What timezone are you in?

Oh I had no idea, since all the other missions just throw you in with randoms. Weird that Raids dont. I am PST but I play really weird times, I have 2 little kids so I am on either really early or really late.

So I decided to get back into Destiny, this time on the Xbox One because I managed to get my brother and cousin to play. I've done all raids on ps4, but was wondering if I could get some help with the exotic sword quest. Right now I'm at killing 25 guardians with the sword.....

Oh I had no idea, since all the other missions just throw you in with randoms. Weird that Raids dont. I am PST but I play really weird times, I have 2 little kids so I am on either really early or really late.

K— I'm 4 hours ahead of you and Spades is 8 (I think. And we've never actually played Destiny together, except against each other once by accident).

So I decided to get back into Destiny, this time on the Xbox One

Sure— hit me up anytime I'm on.

Shiv47

It's not that weird really, it's just that raids require a higher (sometimes much higher) level of cohesion and cooperation among teammates, and you don't want to spend what could easily stretch into hours with people who are either bad, or don't understand what they need to do, or both. Never mind someone who might want to troll, or quit immediately if they think the group has too many scrubs. Raid matchmaking sounds like a nightmare, honestly. I think they should add it though, just so people can see what a terrible idea it is.

How big is the patch? I have over 60 gigs of free space on my PS4 and it wont let me download the patch.
80 meg apparently. But it does that weird file checking that causes lots of hassle on ps4. Mine is preparing to download for the last 15 minutes. 69% at the moment

80 meg apparently. But it does that weird file checking that causes lots of hassle on ps4. Mine is preparing to download for the last 15 minutes. 69% at the moment
I paused it and nearly had a heart attack at 30+ GB but, yeah, forgot the stupid issue with PS4 where it masks the real size.

GazzaGSi

Just ran the Lost to Light daily and got the Black Spindle, was an intense last few minutes! Finished the mission with 17 seconds left :)

is there anyone out here still have not gotten then Outbreak Prime yet? I'm thinking about getting that and want to see if anyone else wants to do it too.

K— I'm 4 hours ahead of you and Spades is 8 (I think. And we've never actually played Destiny together, except against each other once by accident).

Sure— hit me up anytime I'm on.

For sure, I'll say I'm not a complete novice at the game. It is just a hassle to start from scratch. But it is still fun.

Spoo

Anybody playing right now on PS4 and need additional help? Free for the next few hours and dead bored, so willing to do whatever :) PSN is reeducator.

Looking forward to the stream today. Please please please announce more vault space.

Who wants to take bets on whether the VoG elemental primaries are coming back?

LOL I have put off First Curse mission since Taken King because i misunderstood the requirements.

went on Youtube and it was way way easier than what was written in the requirements

''7 Headshot STREAK in The Crucible in One match''. The word Streak was completely wrong

You don't need to STREAK at all. You just need 7 headshots in one match using Imprecation.

fuckin' Bungier

LOL

You don't need to STREAK at all. You just need 7 headshots in one match using Imprecation.

I told this to one of my friends but left out "using Imprecation". We go into Classic Rumble so he can pop two of us in the head since he was struggling. Game ends:
"No notification... none of the kills counted!"
Looking at his character: "Uh, why are you using a scout rifle?"
"It's my favourite."
"..."

Looking forward to the stream today. Please please please announce more vault space.

Who wants to take bets on whether the VoG elemental primaries are coming back?

I doubt it, i don't want them back. Although since they are getting rid of everything for D2 maybe there's a small chance they're coming back.

I somehow feel like we're only going to get a 2 minute trailer today and that's it. We're not going to hear anymore info about anything.

Wouldn't be stream worthy. My bet is today will be an overview where they give an explanation of the event activities and future streams will go in depth on those individual activities in the event.

Top Bottom