• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

yayaba

I missed the first 30 minutes. What did they announce?

All I see is the record book now. As a new'ish player to Destiny, what's the purpose of finishing the books? Just items to check off?

FyreWulff

Looks like ALL of the rewards are emblems, but I see a box in the last node.

edit: lol the box is an offer for a real shirt again

ZeoVGM

Banned
Anything that makes the basic gameplay easier is a NO in my book. Elemental primaries are that.

That's silly. There are many guns in the game that make the basic gameplay "easier."

If you don't have guns that make the player feel as if they have an advantage while using it, you likely have a poor game.

Zhalo is an elemental primary but it certainly doesn't break the game. And if I'm using that during an arc burn, that means I can't use my Gjallarhorn or Raze-lighter. It balances out.

That's silly. There are many guns in the game that make the basic gameplay "easier."

If you don't have guns that make the player feel as if they have an advantage while using it, you likely have a poor game.

Zhalo is an elemental primary but it certainly doesn't break the game. And if I'm using that during an arc burn, that means I can't use my Gjallarhorn or Raze-lighter. It balances out.

Zhalo is an exotic, having the ability to melt an enemy shield that fast with the weapon you have with more ammo makes basic gameplay easier, fuck that. If it's an exotic, something that has limitations, it's fine, cause you think in the trade off to use it.

FyreWulff

Weekly featured raid. Whichever raid is featured has all challenges active.

VoG shows "Templar Challenge" and "Atheon Challenge"

new rewards for all raids

Bollocks

is there a summary?

8021180.jpg

I wonder what weapons will and wont get new ornaments. Probably Mythoclast. I dont think regular weapons ever got ornaments.

If VoG weapons are going to keep their perks and elemental damage, why would you use anything else? Theyre still clealry the best set of weapons.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Doesn't seem like it. I got all excited too when they showed that.

Not even for the old difficult modes I'm guessing. Sigh.

And still no damn optional matchmaking for modes like the Nightfall or Daily Story or PoE it looks like, which is honestly crazy.

Was hoping they would throw us a bone for these final few months.

FinKL

Not even for the old difficult modes I'm guessing. Sigh.

And still no damn optional matchmaking for modes like the Nightfall or Daily Story or PoE it looks like, which is honestly crazy.

Was hoping they would throw us a bone for these final few months.

Same, you would think this would be the best time to test these waters considering we are going to have it in D2

McArkus

Oh, supplicants on the templar during the legions phase? Thats new, I think I will be back to destiny and see the new stuff

ZeoVGM

Banned
Same, you would think this would be the best time to test these waters considering we are going to have it in D2

It's so damn frustrating.

I get it, Raids are complicated. They should be looked at on a careful, case-by-case basis. But the original two Raids on Easy mode? Especially Crota? No reason why there can't be optional matchmaking with the caveat that the game needs to detect a mic.

But the fact that so many basic activities in the game that require absolutely zero voice communication never received matchmaking? I adore this game and I've defended it a lot but it's honestly unacceptable game design.

I would probably do the Daily Story every day if I could hop on really quick before work and platy with randoms.

Spades

New book looks brilliant. Hyped to run relevant raids again. Lots to do. Shame about no LL increase but no big deal.

pantsmith

The Destiny player base is mostly all accomplished, heavily invested players by now - raid matchmaking might actually do really well, but also send the wrong signal. Bungie is still right to worry about the potential downsides if this was a test case for the future.

Either way, expect some form of group finder built into Destiny 2.

gspec

The Raid weapons didn't just have elemental damage but some perks that was exclusive at the time. Like fatebringer's firefly or Voc 's scout with auto fire, those perk are now available to other guns outside the raid. I would still prefer my Harrowed Smite of Merain pulse rifle with firefly over fatebringer and VOC except for strikes with burns.

gspec

I don't know if I will get back into it. I will be totally dedicated playing Mass Effect when this update happens. It may be months before I try.

Arrrammis

I'll definitely hop on to get all of the retroactive achievements, maybe run challenge mode CE and VoG, but considering all of these rewards essentially disappear in 6 months... yeah, don't know if it's worth grinding that much.

Still find it really bizarre that they choose to announce that nothing is coming forward just before the last update (still not clear on emblems, honestly there's no excuse not to bring those and grimoire forward). Talk about destroying the existing player base till D2...

Top Bottom