• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Melchiah

No LL cap change, so stuff will drop according to your LL as it does now. The change is that stuff that drops from the remixed Raids will be current LL instead of the original LL.

Bungie said they didn't want players to grind another LL increase when right just to leave it behind for the next game.

So, the reputation rewards are still capped at 390, when I'm at 400?

So, the reputation rewards are still capped at 390, when I'm at 400?

They didn't specify but most likely. They specifically mentioned Kings Fall raid being LL 390 for the updated version, so they probably wouldn't want people using rep packages to gear max LL without doing the highest level content.

GhaleonEB

Things have been crazy at home and at work lately, so I didn't have time to catch any of the live streams. I fire up the BWU to see what I missed and this is the summary:

Too-Long-Won’t-Watch Mission Brief
  • The culmination of your Destiny 1 adventure
  • Biggest Record Book Ever
  • 13 pages of documented accomplishments
  • Ways for every player to shine and be rewarded
  • A new set of weekly rituals that lead to maximum Light
  • Weekly Featured Raids with new challenges and ornaments
  • What was that about adding some mayhem to the Nightfall?

If this created more questions than it answered, we’re off to a good start. Thanks for being curious and ever ready for action! You’ll find some more answers if you scroll, and two more reveals will stream before the party begins.
This is among the least helpful summaries in the history of summaries. Is there another good summary out there?

Arrrammis

FyreWulff

Things have been crazy at home and at work lately, so I didn't have time to catch any of the live streams. I fire up the BWU to see what I missed and this is the summary:

This is among the least helpful summaries in the history of summaries. Is there another good summary out there?

They're EOLing Destiny 1 by bringing every raid up to 390 light. 400 is the permanent cap.

Each raid will take turns being the featured raid each week, in which their "extras" like ornaments and stuff will drop. When not featured, they just have their standard drops. You can run the others if you want like before, but only one will give the extra drops.

Loot tables are adjusted across all raids, more generous, and have missing items added (ie, raids without sparrows have sparrows now, ghostless ones get ghosts)

Melchiah

They didn't specify but most likely. They specifically mentioned Kings Fall raid being LL 390 for the updated version, so they probably wouldn't want people using rep packages to gear max LL without doing the highest level content.

Too bad, as that was on the top of my wish list. It would have made patrols, daily stories, and strikes more rewarding to play again. It's most likely, that I won't be playing the raids, since most of our group have already moved on.

Oh well, I'm just going to encrypt those 16 exotic engrams I had collected for a possible light level increase. Dunno if I'll ever use the 13 Skeleton Keys in my inventory.

Still no matchmaking for Raids lol.

I hope D2 fixes this or creates lounges at the Tower .

It sucks that a major content of the game gets locked due lack of Matchmaking.

Or Raids should be retooled to be more Strike like

FyreWulff

well, that's interesting

raid-vog-action-10-1489120070179.jpg

vex hunter legs

Odd request maybe, but does anyone have or can think of a great YouTube/Twitch video that sums up how fun and unique Destiny PvE is for someone unfamiliar with the game? PvP is easy with montage clips from the greats but I'm having trouble finding YT stuff that isn't some sort of guide or 'yo yo yo it's your boy Biggus Dickus like and subscribe' trash.

Ew. I'd be OK with 6-person strikes, but I'd like a continuation of the current style of raids as well.

EL CUCO

I can't believe I'm going to download this last gen trash can of a game again... 😂😭

The Crotas End Raid armor on Reddit did me in. I hope they actually do something cool with that Raid seeing that it has the most...opportunity

Odd request maybe, but does anyone have or can think of a great YouTube/Twitch video that sums up how fun and unique Destiny PvE is for someone unfamiliar with the game? PvP is easy with montage clips from the greats but I'm having trouble finding YT stuff that isn't some sort of guide or 'yo yo yo it's your boy Biggus Dickus like and subscribe' trash.

I don't have any links off hand but maybe look up OG Vault of Glass raid videos? There's probably a few that don't have the party chat included.

darthbob

3A Hunter arrived!

U0lWGnV.jpg

Had to equip Fatebringer for the pose, also have an Icebreaker, Efrideet's Spear, and a rocket launcher. But c'mon, Fatebringer's just too cool

That's a terrible idea. Raids are the best part of Destiny and don't need to be retooled...especially to be more like strikes.

Ryck

It would be as easy as allowing us to put a four letter quote over our heads in public spaces.

Ie: Raid

People see you in the tower standing in an area with one/two/three/four other people with "Raid" above each of your heads. Done.

quick question. for the Outbreak Prime's quest, the part where you need to team up with 2 others with different classes and do stuff, do those others also have to be on the quest or is it fine if they don't have the quest or already finished?

Deku Tree

I can't believe I'm going to download this last gen trash can of a game again... 😂😭

The Crotas End Raid armor on Reddit did me in. I hope they actually do something cool with that Raid seeing that it has the most...opportunity

That re-grind is too alluring even for Cuco.

It would be as easy as allowing us to put a four letter quote over our heads in public spaces.

Ie: Raid

People see you in the tower standing in an area with one/two/three/four other people with "Raid" above each of your heads. Done.

That will never happen. Whenever you let people on the internet do something like that you get a whole new level of 4 letter words!

Ryck

That will never happen. Whenever you let people on the internet do something like that you get a whole new level of 4 letter words!

Haha

Bungie could preset them.

Raid
POE
PVP
STRK

Or like someone mentioned have lounges labled for activities and people just go hang out in them.

FyreWulff

it'd be cool if the Wolves still showed up in random parts of the world, and the Blades spawned, sort of a best-of of all the PvE world events

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wolves do still spawn but not all over the place as before. One place is the first area of Valus strike. If you hang around they still spawn there.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Guess I'm finally done. You've all been a big help.

Stated playing like 6 months ago cause my son plays.

Still have a ton of loose ends, but I finished the ROI story quest last night. I finished that strike tonight. Not sure how much motivation I have to tidy up the loose ends, and I'm at the point in my life where I don't have a ton of time to raid.

Guess the wait for Destiny 2 is on unless I want to do PVP.

Thanks for all of the mad help GAF! You've all been legit.

SaviourMK2

So I just discovered people wander out passed the Iron Temple in the mountains behind the Iron Banner platform.
I never saw anyone go back there (I remember wandering around before and not being able to go very far until i met either a lack of land to walk on or a game wall) until today. I googled it and nothing.
Is there anything important back here?

So I just discovered people wander out passed the Iron Temple in the mountains behind the Iron Banner platform.
I never saw anyone go back there (I remember wandering around before and not being able to go very far until i met either a lack of land to walk on or a game wall) until today. I googled it and nothing.
Is there anything important back here?

Not really, just a siva fragment which you can also pick up during the very first RoI story mission.

To go back there from the Temple, you need an Isenfyre token that only drops from the raid. It ignites the fire in the center of the temple that boosts you to on top of the tower, that also has another Siva fragment.

SaviourMK2

Not really, just a siva fragment which you can also pick up during the very first RoI story mission.

To go back there from the Temple, you need an Isenfyre token that only drops from the raid. It ignites the fire in the center of the temple that boosts you to on top of the tower, that also has another Siva fragment.

Ah, damn, thanks for letting me know

That is not 100% correct. I am not 100% sure but sometimes after finishing Shiro bounties you can also be catapulted to the top. It happen to me, but I do not know exactly how it work's

That is not 100% correct. I am not 100% sure but sometimes after finishing Shiro bounties you can also be catapulted to the top. It happen to me, but I do not know exactly how it work's

You sure it wasn't someone turning on the firepult with their own token? It turns on for everyone.

Deku Tree

You can trade in WoW though from what I've heard. Only with the raid team you completed the raid with and only for a limited time.

Yeah that's the problem. WoW implemented it, and then the developers realized that they can never get rid of it because the player base would freak out. The developers want to get rid of it but they can't... hence they told Bungie never to put it in...

Trading and the AH were things Blizz advised against. I guess they made things more complicated on the Dev end because everything has to be cross checked with Trading and AH now before implementation.

It would be nice from a player standpoint to farm mats for Glimmer or pay Glimmer for mats but, alas, it doesn't seem that we'll be able to do that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Just read that there is no vault space increase coming.

I understand if there is a technical issue because of being chained to the legacy consoles and development tool issues. I do.

So then why not at least add more items to the kiosks? I mean, adding a few pages to one of the kiosks that at least covers gear from raids, Iron Banner, Trials and treasure packages would fix the issue for a lot of people.

FyreWulff

Just read that there is no vault space increase coming.

I understand if there is a technical issue because of being chained to the legacy consoles and development tool issues. I do.

So then why not at least add more items to the kiosks? I mean, adding a few pages to one of the kiosks that at least covers gear from raids, Iron Banner, Trials and treasure packages would fix the issue for a lot of people.

they said specifically for Destiny 1.

they're EOLing the client for updates once this goes out

Top Bottom