• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

quick question. for the Outbreak Prime's quest, the part where you need to team up with 2 others with different classes and do stuff, do those others also have to be on the quest or is it fine if they don't have the quest or already finished?

Not sure if this was answered but you need people who are doing the quest or have done it. People that have done it can rebuy the engines they need from shiro, for free.

People who haven't got it those quest steps can't help.

I don't know if this is character based or account based though. 99 percent sure it's character based.

Some gifs~

3o7buhJPJ3FXlmVCpy.gif

l4FGFxVqdmfpqkRiM.gif

Finally got the dream jumping no scope from above (although the real dream is doing this on a self rez).

xUPGcLpv88oG0kAZCU.gif

ZeoVGM

Banned
Really damn excited for Daybreak Strikes if they end up using the mayhem modifier. That should be fun as hell.

I wonder if it's a new weekly strike alongside the Nightfall? Damn well better have matchmaking if it is.

Not sure if this was answered but you need people who are doing the quest or have done it. People that have done it can rebuy the engines they need from shiro, for free.

People who haven't got it those quest steps can't help.

I don't know if this is character based or account based though. 99 percent sure it's character based.

thanks for the info. guess I won't be getting this gun after all lol.

Aumann

Guys, I,ve been trying to firgure something out but I cant so I thought Id ask here. Why when I beat The Shadow Thief Strike mission the quest doesn't clear? The strike shows as cleared (blue background) but the quest never completes and theres a purple triangle behind it. I have completed every other strike up to the house of wolves and havent started on the taken king yet. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

milkham

Guys, I,ve been trying to firgure something out but I cant so I thought Id ask here. Why when I beat The Shadow Thief Strike mission the quest doesn't clear? The strike shows as cleared (blue background) but the quest never completes and theres a purple triangle behind it. I have completed every other strike up to the house of wolves and havent started on the taken king yet. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

i don't remember the quest but have you tried doing it on a different difficulty?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tripod no longer works? Only got two rockets. Nerf everything Bungie.

How the hell is the game going to spawn us into a match that was literally already over.

Thanks.

Adjust the difficulty and do it again, should work.

NastyBook

Thanks for the invite to games, Kadey.

Went old school tonight and had a blast. Year 1 weapons were destroying ppl. Lord High Fixer, Payment VI, Light/Beware, Purifier VII, and Unfriendly Giant. Every last one of those jokers ate good off some unsuspecting Guardians.

Melchiah

Tripod no longer works? Only got two rockets. Nerf everything Bungie.

How the hell is the game going to spawn us into a match that was literally already over.

With any of the launchers, including Choleric Dragon? If so, that's total BS. I have three tripod launchers of each elemental burn on my Hunter for weekly strikes and Nightfall, and they're far less useful without the perk.

Sofa King

31 rumble wins is all that stands in between me and max (at least max XB1) grimoire. But 5500 is such a nice round number. No real reason to get it done, but the completionist itch is still there even if it is so light.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Now that Destiny numero uno is almost finished. Who is the single best PVP player accounting all years?

Kind of hard to choose. And Destiny doesn't really have an official competitive league or anything.

Thanks for the NF runs, Kadey and Jmv.

Now that ME:A multiplayer is revealed as ME3 multiplayer with more stuff and better graphics, this is probably my last week of Destiny for a while.

Lnkn52

Now that Destiny numero uno is almost finished. Who is the single best PVP player accounting all years?

Kind of hard to choose. And Destiny doesn't really have an official competitive league or anything.

For all 3 years; I would say Lumi.

Magik

Thanks for the NF runs, Kadey and Jmv.

Now that ME:A multiplayer is revealed as ME3 multiplayer with more stuff and better graphics, this is probably my last week of Destiny for a while.

Once I'm done with what I need to do with AoT book, ME:A multiplayer is where I'll devote my time.

Hopefully some of DGAF joins us in ME;A

Once I'm done with what I need to do with AoT book, ME:A multiplayer is where I'll devote my time.

Hopefully some of DGAF joins us in ME;A

I'm sure more than a few will. Honestly, I only want my 3 amigo weapons and that's it; so like 1-3 raids at some point, but that's it. Ready to call it a day for D1.

You can find people on LFG and maybe reddit - may just take some planning and scheduling.

I have a warlock on xbox if that helps? The engine parts don't take long.

probably will give it a try later on in April after I'm back from travel. thanks for the offer of help but unfortunately I'm in PS4. cheers.

Man, leveling up these last couple of sub-classes is tedious. Bladedancer is incredibly not fun. I really don't like playing like this.

how are you going about it right now? I'm doing the same with my Titan and I find the best way so far is to just grab all the bounties you can get and do all the stuff to finish them. progress is pretty good so far and if you keep a bunch of finished bounties and not cashing them in, you can boost up your "virgin" subjob to at least have some useful stuff like the special jumps and super right at the start.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It was good except for stuff like this.

bghghgh.gif

The most red bars in a while. Netduma did nothing. I guess the pool is super low.

Anybody want to speculate on the chance of dedicated servers for Destiny 2?

The P2P aspect is probably one of my biggest grievances with the game to date.

I'm an average crucible player (1.1kd on my main) but I have my moments...problem is I've no way to know if I earned those infrequent times where I've gone phantom or if I'm just in god mode because matchmaking decided to pair me with a clan from Antarctica.

I want to feel like I earned my place on the leaderboard without forking out for a piece of kit like a netduma to mitigate against that one dude running on dial up through two miles of repurposed cable in Mogadishu.

Uh... so you can just straight up buy regular armor now from the Crucible vendor. LMFAO.

Anyone trying to argue that the Silver system was never going to go full blown pay to win (who were already wrong) shouldn't have much to say now. If you have the money it is more efficient to just buy gear until you get good rolls. A tier 12 build with the best perks may not win you a Crucible match but it 100% gives you an advantage, which as far as I'm aware is the definition of P2W.

Frostburn

So it looks like you can get a TON of Legendary Marks, cap isn't increased I'm guessing but did I miss some things to spend marks on or is there nothing new to actually spend these crazy amount of marks on?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Uh... so you can just straight up buy regular armor now from the Crucible vendor. LMFAO.

Anyone trying to argue that the Silver system was never going to go full blown pay to win (who were already wrong) shouldn't have much to say now. If you have the money it is more efficient to just buy gear until you get good rolls. A tier 12 build with the best perks may not win you a Crucible match but it 100% gives you an advantage, which as far as I'm aware is the definition of P2W.

You can't just "buy gear until you get good rolls." That isn't how it works.

Ghazi

SLIPPERY SLOPE

Trakan

So it looks like you can get a TON of Legendary Marks, cap isn't increased I'm guessing but did I miss some things to spend marks on or is there nothing new to actually spend these crazy amount of marks on?

Nope, no mention of a tower refresh either. I wasn't expecting new weapons or anything, but at least mix up the perks on the existing ones.

Favorite line of the stream so far is deej mentioning how he's going to "put on his light beyond nemesis and just spam nova bombs" in daybreak strikes.

Top Bottom