• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

Wasn't there a video with this show casing all the customization of gear?
I think I specifically remember it showing helmets or gear.

Where did all of that go?

Trasher

PvP is actually pretty damn fun in 3v3 I think. The Supers actually are much more manageable that way. 6v6 is just too cluttered for them and makes the experience messy. I think if Bungie made a playlist where everyone's Super shared the same cooldown it would actually create a decent competitive experience. That way teams could actually plan out when to use/save their Supers knowing that the other team would be having theirs up at the same time as well. It would prevent the snowballing effect of winning teams regenning their Supers faster than their opponents. I would also be on board if there was an objective point you could defend (sort of like a heavy ammo drop) where if you held it for a certain amount of time then you get bonus Super energy/orbs for your team.

I think the PvP has good potential in 3v3 for a somewhat competitive experience, but it would need a decent amount of tweaking.

So I decided to do all the exotic bounties I get from now on after doing the one for Pocket Infinity. The one I got yesterday was Toland's Journal and the first requirement is to complete a weekly heroic or nightfall strike. First thought that ran through my mind was "FUCK! How am I supposed to get two other people to do this shit with?!" Also the Vanguard bounties I had were The Bigger They Are (Complete a weekly heroic or nightfall strike) and Walking Tall (Complete a Strike without dying).

So I'm like "Screw waiting, I can do this!" and went in the weekly heroic solo. My mind is going places cause I'm like this is the strike with the bullet sponge Vandal that you have to fight along with a hundred other minions at once. Turns out you can pretty much do this easy if you just follow what you typically do in the Tiger Strikes: Skip the beginning part until you get to the non optional fight 3 waves will Dinkle opens the door stage. After that sped past and skipped the other parts until I got to the boss area. Used the crap out of my homing fire rockets and melting shit with my Pocket Infinity. That plus solar grenades and flame shield perks and I didn't have to pop my super once during the entire strike.

Feels good.

Xevren

PvP is actually pretty damn fun in 3v3 I think. The Supers actually are much more manageable that way. 6v6 is just too cluttered for them and makes the experience messy. I think if Bungie made a playlist where everyone's Super shared the same cooldown it would actually create a decent competitive experience. That way teams could actually plan out when to use/save their Supers knowing that the other team would be having theirs up at the same time as well. It would prevent the snowballing effect of winning teams regenning their Supers faster than their opponents. I would also be on board if there was an objective point you could defend (sort of like a heavy ammo drop) where if you held it for a certain amount of time then you get bonus Super energy/orbs for your team.

I think the PvP has good potential in 3v3 for a somewhat competitive experience, but it would need a decent amount of tweaking.

I prefer 3v3 too. My only complaint on it is how bad heavy ammo can break the games. Playing it with friends is a blast, but if the opposite team doesn't even bother to try and get or at least stop you from it? Yeah it's over.

Also, best maps are on the 3v3. And the worst maps don't show up there too!

Trasher

I prefer 3v3 too. My only complaint on it is how bad heavy ammo can break the games. Playing it with friends is a blast, but if the opposite team doesn't even bother to try and get or at least stop you from it? Yeah it's over.

Yeah, heavy ammo should be harder to get in some fashion.

Wasn't there a video with this show casing all the customization of gear?
I think I specifically remember it showing helmets or gear.

Where did all of that go?

"Customizing your gear is not how we would like you to experience destiny"-Bungie

Im pretty bumed that all level 30 players will look the same save one exotic armor piece

Tried the Nightfall with Thrilltacular (27 Warlock), a friend (26 Hunter), and myself (27 Titan).

After a frustrating bug caused us to restart halfway through (non-host/Fireteam Leader went ahead of others, causing the mission to end...?), we tried again and actually got through pretty easily.

At the end, though, the cheese spot ended up being a death trap. Even underneath the platform/ramp, we got demolished within just a few minutes. Guess we need to be higher level.

malfcn

Computer

Tried the Nightfall with Thrilltacular (27 Warlock), a friend (26 Hunter), and myself (27 Titan).

After a frustrating bug caused us to restart halfway through (non-host/Fireteam Leader went ahead of others, causing the mission to end...?), we tried again and actually got through pretty easily.

At the end, though, the cheese spot ended up being a death trap. Even underneath the platform/ramp, we got demolished within just a few minutes. Guess we need to be higher level.

Cheese spot? Under the ramp? I need to know these tricks please.

Obscured

Stick with the group
yes, yes, yes. For some reason this seems to be a secret to so many people out there.

FINALLY!
My first Legendary off an engram. Blue one to boot. But whatever, I don't care. RNGesus is real! I will never doubt again.

KFHxxuj.jpg

I'm a fan of that gun, was also my first legendary heavy.

http://gameclipscontent-d2009.xboxlive.com/asset-8acc8147-2c27-4591-a043-21a0a73551c9/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2012-02-12&st=2014-10-09T03%3A30%3A37Z&se=2014-10-09T04%3A35%3A37Z&sr=c&sp=r&sig=YwtrDLV3tGPLw4jstYJUna0mxROrYAkwofQzcfEd8As%3D&__gda__=1412829337_b9ab25403419c4f116b3b69611e7b967

Finished our run through the raid today, took ~2 hours, much improvement from my group's 6+ hour run last weekend
KuGsj.gif

Got myself the Ship "Class Minut" and Vision of Confluence :D

Still no raid armor tho

Exodus Blue, Blind Watch and Twilight Gap show up wayyy to much.
Not enough Burning shine.

"I could tell you of the Great Battle..."

WHY WON'T YOU THEN

"I could tell you of..."

"I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain..."

"Guardian! We need you to collect [item] because...*sigh*...just listen to your Ghost."

Storytelling.

Cheese spot? Under the ramp? I need to know these tricks please.

So in the "last area" or arena, where the Archon Priest is set loose, there is a platform on the far right side of the map. On the left edge of the platform, near the cliff, is a spot where you can crouch and get under.

When I played the Weekly on lvl 26 difficulty, this was a great spot to hide and plink at the baddies. You can still take damage, but it was relatively easy compared to running around.

"I could tell you of the Great Battle..."

WHY WON'T YOU THEN

Someone must have been adamant about getting in that "the children are afraid anyway." line.

"What are the children afraid of?"

"They're already afraid. Let's keep it moving, man. I don't have to explain why I don't have time to explain."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom