• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal, but Saithan got his FR in super fast.

Ha it's good. Was about to turn in myself but loved my first time in the Raid yesterday to where I'm no longer apprehensive about the whole thing. Far easier so long as most people know what they're doing to where even a newcomer (such as myself and one other in that round) can pick up everything with ease.

Except the big drop into the Gorgon valley and the big jump to the VoG. That rock sticking out is the the true enemy.
Good to know, man, thanks!

You're welcome. Learned the entrance method from some GAFers during the Nightfall earlier, and in the weekly we ran I experimented with the other one (Edit: Guy under the platform can provide great oversight to those near the entrance too if they aren't taking too much fire). Both work pretty great so long as the guy under that platform is fully aware of what mobs are where and how much damage is coming in. If they go down in there, they'll need to be revived on top of the platform. In other words, they'll likely be out for the rest of the fight.

nib95

Banned
Anyone suffering a lot more lag and hit detection inconsistencies since the patch? I feel like if I play with mostly American (etc) party members (I'm from the UK), I get far more lag and hit issues than I did pre patch, and I can only assume it's because of the geographic differences. If I play with UK people, or on my own, it's a different story. Certain times a quarter of a Suros clip of headshots will down people, other times even an entire clip of focused headshots won't do. It's weird, and making playing with a more diverse group (geographically speaking) a tad more troublesome.

Anyone else had this?

realcZk

Anyone suffering a lot more lag and hit detection inconsistencies since the patch? I feel like if I play with American (etc) party members (I'm from the UK), I get far more lag and hit issues, and I can only assume it's because of the geographic differences. If I play with UK people, or on my own, it's a different story. Certain times a quarter of a Suros clip of headshots will down people, other times even an entire clip of focused headshots won't do. It's weird, and making playing with a more diverse group (geographically speaking) a tad more troublesome.

Anyone else had this?
Yes! I was wondering if it was just me. I'll one shot shanks with my handcannon and they will die a second later. I'm in the USA and playing with a buddy in Germany.

....This is what he said-

....We're supposed to believe that skill somehow makes the first gun you get do the same damage as every other auto rifle? Holy shit deej. Don't double down on it.
Skill? Tell me about skill when somebody with the Vex fusion rifle is playing.

And no, beating the raid in hard takes perseverance, but earning the gun is RNG.

So what does the Sunsinger super actually do? Make my weapons stronger?

Makes the cooldown of your skills faster (grenade, punching) permanently, regardless of what you choose as a secondary skill (below)

Later on you can choose between:
1. Making the cooldown of nearby allies also be faster
2. Having more damage resistance while in radiance
3. Revive from the dead.

Notice how myself and other sunbros focus on spamming grenades? That's because grenades cooldown so quickly and do so much damage, they're useful as hell. They can also make a bunch of orbs, more than any other classes.

NastyBook

Ha it's good. Was about to turn in myself but loved my first time in the Raid yesterday to where I'm no longer apprehensive about the whole thing. Far easier so long as most people know what they're doing to where even a newcomer (such as myself and one other in that round) can pick up everything with ease.

Except the big drop into the Gorgon valley and the big jump to the VoG. That rock sticking out is the the true enemy.

You're welcome. Learned the entrance method from some GAFers during the Nightfall earlier, and in the weekly we ran I experimented with the other one. Both work pretty great so long as the guy under that platform is fully aware of what mobs are where and how much damage is coming in. If they go down in there, they'll need to be revived on top of the platform. In other words, they'll likely be out for the rest of the fight.
Still added you, though. My new nights doing this are probably gonna be Thursdays, so that might affect the number of people that I usually raid with.

nib95

Banned
Yes! I was wondering if it was just me. I'll one shot shanks with my handcannon and they will die a second later. I'm in the USA and playing with a buddy in Germany.

I wonder if in speeding things up matchmaking wise, and making things more reliable, they've gone and messed up some of the consistency with other elements. I get the feeling geographical differences are now impeding things more than they used to.

Edit: I think Shanks generally have a delayed kill animation, so probably not the same thing.

Makes the cooldown of your skills faster (grenade, punching) permanently, regardless of what you choose as a secondary skill (below)

Later on you can choose between:
1. Making the cooldown of nearby allies also be faster
2. Having more damage resistance while in radiance
3. Revive from the dead.

Notice how myself and other sunbros focus on spamming grenades? That's because grenades cooldown so quickly and do so much damage, they're useful as hell. They can also make a bunch of orbs, more than any other classes.
ty puppy

MilkBeard

I think it does. Takes a lot more effort to be more functional and efficient than the Hunter's double jump.

Things I like: Warlock melee, first Sunsinger grenade
Things I dislike: the glide...

It's funny because me and a friend were playing, and I was jumping on ledges as a Warlock with ease that he could barely reach as a Hunter. Just wait till you upgrade to full boost/glide. You can also stop the glide and fall normally by pressing jump again. I like Glide. You just have to be careful not to stay in one spot too long if you are in pvp.

BadAss2961

So what does the Sunsinger super actually do? Make my weapons stronger?
I haven't really noticed it making weapons stronger, but your cooldowns are reduced to like 5 seconds. So you can end up with like 10 solar grenades out at once.

But best of all, you can rise from the dead. Priceless in PvE, and very effective in PvP. Scares the shit out of guardians when you do this.

MilkBeard

I haven't really noticed it making weapons stronger, but your cooldowns are reduced to like 5 seconds. So you can end up with like 10 solar grenades out at once.

But best of all, you can rise from the dead. Priceless in PvE, and very effective in PvP. Scares the shit out of guardians when you do this.

Yup, I didn't realize how effective it would be, even in PVP. Die defending a zone, then come back to life just to kill them and reclaim the zone.

Angry Guy

Alright, so as far as legendary ARs and raid weapons go, where does Atheon's Epilogue fall on the rankings? I got one for crushing our good old boy in the Vault and as soon as I realized I got it I started getting tingles.

Anyone suffering a lot more lag and hit detection inconsistencies since the patch? I feel like if I play with mostly American (etc) party members (I'm from the UK), I get far more lag and hit issues than I did pre patch, and I can only assume it's because of the geographic differences. If I play with UK people, or on my own, it's a different story. Certain times a quarter of a Suros clip of headshots will down people, other times even an entire clip of focused headshots won't do. It's weird, and making playing with a more diverse group (geographically speaking) a tad more troublesome.

Anyone else had this?

My last couple of matches in Iron Banner were terrible affairs because of this. Spent 6 seconds firing and dancing around an enemy, doing no damage, before dropping dead myself. Other times watched as I landed a killing blow, die myself, and watch during the revive countdown as the guy keeps fighting for 3 seconds until my death blow comes into effect and they randomly drop dead.

Extreme examples picked from 2 of the 4 matches I did, and where 90% of the time things were fine (except one match where the first example took place...whole thing was a mess), but things have been noticeably rougher in that sense from going from the occasional beyond corner kills to now the above situations.

Been noticing a lot of issues in PVE too where enemies will suddenly teleport/rubberband (things like Dregs and Acolytes, I know Vex teleport as a mechanic) to where they'll suddenly be behind you or halfway across the room from where you just engaged them from.

darthbob

Can you actually get shards/energy from the Iron Banner armor/weapons?

Probably, considering that you still have to buy them from Saladin.

In Queen's Wrath you could do one bounty, get a Kill Order, do that, and get a free Legendary Helmet/Chest. It was way easier to obtain than the IB gear.

But who knows? The biggest hurdle would be getting to IB Rank 3, a none too easy feat.

Alright, so as far as legendary ARs and raid weapons go, where does Atheon's Epilogue fall on the rankings? I got one for crushing our good old boy in the Vault and as soon as I realized I got it I started getting tingles.

I have one, and it's nearly fully upgraded so I feel like I can weigh in. It's not entirely terrible, especially for PvE.

The stability is crap, until you get the stability enhancing upgrade and even then it's still a bit crazy. The low impact means you're doing pretty low damage per shot, but it does fire pretty fast. Void damage is a plus as well and would be handy if you're trying to do the Thorn bounty.

Tried using it in Iron Banner earlier today and got wrecked, so either I'm a bad player (which is somewhat likely given how 'balanced' this game is) or Atheon's Epilogue simply isn't a very good PvP weapon.

1167342_304384523101641_1212377052907778970_o.jpg

giphy.gif

Any tips for the Crucible portion of the Invective bounty?

Stick with your team, don't go bum rushing points/lanes, use others as distractions if you're entering a kill zone, control lanes of fire, use heavy drops as bait if you think you'll be in contest with someone over it (then grab it and use it, maximum effect or not it doesn't matter).

It's really easy and I'm not even sure how it works. Got it in 3-4 matches, and I never lost spread even if I slipped below 1.0 K/D like it did for one match (still gained 4, so not as much as before).

What's the best ability spec for this? I feel like I'm never creating orbs.

Not really any. To create a lot of orbs as a sunbro you need to focus on using your grenades to kill enemies. Killing a yellow health-bar enemy while in radiance mode nets you like 4 orbs. Killing regular baddies nets you like 1 per each more often than not.

The best thing to do though if you want to generate orbs is use radiance and have the double grenades and sticky grenade skills selected. Spam grenades every 2 or so seconds at enemies.

Personally with radiance with self-rez I don't focus on making orbs anymore. I now focus on keeping it charged and never using it until I die.

Ken

how should I gear and build a striker for VOG/endgame PVE? i've done normal vog as a sunsinger but want to give it a go eventually as a striker

kuppy

This will be my final Post-20 guide, and I put a lot of thought into it so I hope it helps some of you out there! It's not as long as some of the others, but it took more research and TLC- so thank you in advance if you do stick with me and read through!
Good read, thank you.

Anyone else had this?

yup. just went and did a hard reset of my modem/hub/ps4 to try and see if it was a local problem.

this kind of stuff has been happening for two days now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlAsZ3iCZ0I&t=2m35s

gatti-man

I have never been more hyped than i am right at this moment. Beat hard mode and got:
Helmet
Gloves
Chest
Vex mythoclast all in one fucking raid. Fuck yeah

Juraash

Just finished up the Nightfall solo without much difficulty. The reward was awful (Light/Beware, a fusion rifle I already have). The nice thing is that solo nightfall runs are super fun regardless of the drops.

Cynar

What do you find unbalanced? My first reaction is to say "git gud."
A lot of people complain about balance when they don't stick with their team or learn the game mechanics. Every class can go crazy and once you get the hang of it you can do very well. It's unfortunate to see all the whining from people complaining about imbalance when they are probably running off and dying instead of learning the maps and sticking with their team.

nib95

Banned
My last couple of matches in Iron Banner were terrible affairs because of this. Spent 6 seconds firing and dancing around an enemy, doing no damage, before dropping dead myself. Other times watched as I landed a killing blow, die myself, and watch during the revive countdown as the guy keeps fighting for 3 seconds until my death blow comes into effect and they randomly drop dead.

Extreme examples picked from 2 of the 4 matches I did, and where 90% of the time things were fine (except one match where the first example took place...whole thing was a mess), but things have been noticeably rougher in that sense from going from the occasional beyond corner kills to now the above situations.

Been noticing a lot of issues in PVE too where enemies will suddenly teleport/rubberband (things like Dregs and Acolytes, I know Vex teleport as a mechanic) to where they'll suddenly be behind you or halfway across the room from where you just engaged them from.

yup. just went and did a hard reset of my modem/hub/ps4 to try and see if it was a local problem.

this kind of stuff has been happening for two days now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlAsZ3iCZ0I&t=2m35s

Good to know it's not just me. For the record, it has also been the worst for me over the last 2-3 days, hence why I'm assuming the patch had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom