• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as you play smart you're good to go. The only problem I have with Iron Banner is I don't have a group to run with and my team of randoms always quit if there is even the slightest hint we won't dominate and may lose. It's extremely frustrating.

If anyone plays PvP regularly with a group and would like another, hit me up. My PSN is ScareGoat

I'm gonna send you an invite. Just got done losing five matches in a row with randoms. Then again, PVP is filled with bullshit, so I can't blame teammates entirely for the losses.

Draysoth

Anyone have 5 mins to kill the Winter Kell on ps4? hes the level 24 version of the daily story, I keep dying soloing. PSN is Draysoth

Brehs how can I get 2000 vanguard rep real quick? I've been levelling factions back to back to back and I've got capped vanguard marks burning a hole in my pocket. I wanna pick up a Shadow Price.

Already wasted Nightfall and Weekly rep on New Monarchy ;_;

Like 5 hours of assassination patrol missions. Nothing quick about it. Netflix will get you through it pretty easily, though.

Why the hell do people quit IB matches not even a minute into the match? I'd think it was for the "get 10 kills without dying" bounty, but they aren't even getting a single kill before leaving. These lopsided teams are just awful: frustrating for the smaller team and boring for the larger one.

darthbob

Ohhh, Bungie. You never cease to amaze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgCJjNjZl28

tU192RB.gif

c'mon bungie what happened to you?

Raxus

Awww, poor baby didn't get to steamroll everyone like he thought a level 30 should. My heart goes out to him.

Even so it brings up the question what is the point of the Iron Banner event if it is just a more limited Crucible. Queen's wrath at least modified story missions in some way.

Trasher

Awww, poor baby didn't get to steamroll everyone like he thought a level 30 should. My heart goes out to him.

That's not really the point at all. Why advertise X as Y and then you come to find out it's still X? That's just stupid.

Thinking about attempting the nightfall solo again. Not really sure how it'll go this week, this strike seems kinda shitty for the solo method.

The difficult part is the Vex battle taking place in the canyon below the Fallen ship. The battle before fighting the Archon can be bad too with the shielded Shanks and one-shot kill Elder Captains, but you can sort of cheese it at the entrance where you can retreat up the cliff if you can't get under the platform.

Mindlog

Even so it brings up the question what is the point of the Iron Banner event if it is just a more limited Crucible. Queen's wrath at least modified story missions in some way.
It's there for players to play Banner Rep lottery.
If you win, you win by 15k.
If you lose, you lose by .25k before your team quits.

Earlier from the Raid. I was using Epilogue at the top of the stairs to make dead minotaur art. Wish I remembered to take a decent screenshot.

Ken

well it was a good event while it lasted

time to finish those reviews or do we have to wait for a new gamechanging vendor to come out first

The part I find most hilarious is that Bungie removed the lower reward for losing in Iron Banner entirely. So now people will just quit if they start losing and rejoin in the hopes of finding a winning team.

Bungie is astonishingly clueless about how human behavior works. This is also evident in the Exotic weapon bounties with PvP requirements, and the Crucible bounties where your goal is "10 headshots with your farts" so people just try to get 10 fart headshots and ignore objectives, winning, and everything else.

That will not stop people leaving, they'll just leave and wait.
Late to this reply but:

I think it's a good deterrent. The reason people leave to join other games is because it's faster and more efficient to quit your losing game early, and try again on a new game that you might win. But if you have to wait until your last match ends, it becomes inefficient to leave because you can't start the new game any faster than if you stayed. In that case, you might as well stay around your original game and try to turn the tides or work on bounties or something.

A system like that also makes it fair for people who were legitimately dropped from the match.

TTG

That's not really the point at all. Why advertise X as Y and then you come to find out it's still X? That's just stupid.

First, about his own health bar/defense. We don't get to see it much at all because his team is killing the opposition. He's not getting shot much at all. Second, his assault rifle does a good deal less damage than my base legendary, fires appreciably slower too. Third, at one point he rockets someone accurately, doesn't kill them. What advantage were you expecting? Were you hoping coming across other players was going to be like doing a level 2 mission or playing Skyrim maybe?

What...that's not his point at all.

Sure it is, he mentions where his outrage really stems from somewhere in the middle of all that whining. His level 30 character is not nearly as unfair to other players as he thought it would be.

Pop

I haven't played in 2 days. Feeling the lack of variety. In weapons, armor, bounties etc. Mainly weapons/armor. Cosmetic items really. Just not enough there and I'm feeling it now.

Funny thing is I played Halo multi for years and never got bored even though there was hardly any customization. But Halo wasn't built around that, Destiny's style is. Competitive ranks helped my obsession of getting better which I believe Destiny needs badly. Just feeling down about it.

VoG owned so hard. Our group got Flawless Raider done tonight. Then for shits and giggles we killed Aetheon on hard (someone had the checkpoint) and he dropped Vex Mythoclast for me.

Tonight was a good night.

I also got my 3rd Vision of Confluence so now all 3 of my chars have one in their holster. ;p

I haven't played in 2 days. Feeling the lack of variety. In weapons, armor, bounties etc. Mainly weapons/armor. Cosmetic items really. Just not enough there and I'm feeling it now.

Funny thing is I played Halo multi for years and never got bored even though there was hardly any customization. But Halo wasn't built around that, Destiny's style is. Competitive ranks helped my obsession of getting better which I believe Destiny needs badly. Just feeling down about it.

agreed. with halo you also had custom games and forge, which let you chill with friends and make stupid games, and theater, which spawned its own communities. a single campaign mission also had more variety than all of desitny's missions, and the skulls, achievements and challenges gave you a reason to go back through it with friends.

i want destiny to be its own thing, but i wish bungie would remember the stuff they did right before and do it again.

I'm up for the hard raid if we can get a group together.

Let's get it, I'm setting it up for PS4. Hard mode raid tonight at 11:30PM Pacific or tomorrow at 11AM Pacific.

1. earvcunanan - Titan Defender (soon to be level 29, I need a few more shards)

Leave your PSN

Seems like I won't be the only one who will be extremely wary about the next title. Funny enough shit like lack of content can be easily fixed for the next title. Gameplay is fine. It's balancing that's an issue.

If they had custom games it'd be great, I'd only be there and avoid unbalanced crap to play with friends with the same weapons.

Custom games are a must.

It's bullshit that it's not in right now.

Give me a mode where you can't use supers and everything is complete balanced. No weapon, armor or ability perks at all whatsoever. Just straight up gun on gun, fist on fist violence.

Bungie, fix and improve the PVP damnit. It's so damn bare bones.

Raxus

VoG owned so hard. Our group got Flawless Raider done tonight. Then for shits and giggles we killed Aetheon on hard (someone had the checkpoint) and he dropped Vex Mythoclast for me.

Tonight was a good night.

I also got my 3rd Vision of Confluence so now all 3 of my chars have one in their holster. ;p

WHY CAN'T I FOUND GROUPS LIKE THIS?!?!?

thedan001

After 2 hours of Iron Banner on Hunter

I switch to Warlock and go back to Iron Banner, first game in... I try to double jump and fall down

/facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom