• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Having to choose between two exotic bounties that I've already done, because I'm already doing an exotic bounty. #FirstTowerProblems

Tokubetsu

nice shots, i love sniping on this map.

i really want that sniper, although i do wonder about the way the reticle moved. do you have it upgraded? it's supposed to have more stability than my hierachon, but my reticle never moves that badly when i'm shot. i guess that's one of my perks though.

it'll be hard to give that up...

I was using the agile smallest zoom scope iirc

BadAss2961

So in the "last area" or arena, where the Archon Priest is set loose, there is a platform on the far right side of the map. On the left edge of the platform, near the cliff, is a spot where you can crouch and get under.

When I played the Weekly on lvl 26 difficulty, this was a great spot to hide and plink at the baddies. You can still take damage, but it was relatively easy compared to running around.
I tried that once and my whole team got demolished. Definitely prefer camping near the entrance.

"I could tell you of the Great Battle..."

WHY WON'T YOU THEN

rJly3YL.gif

Jesus Christ. Bungie. Really? If an enemy like less than 10 levels above you in PvE can kill you in like 2-3 shots, why is a level 4 kicking the ass of so many high levels.

You're kind of missing the point of the video

The funny part is, someone did an experiment before with a level 20 gun and how it did the same damage in both IB and regular crucible.......and the first gun does the same damage as it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjQ2Et9ozA

Like holy shit wow. Every event somehow makes me like the game less. I guess that's a first for video games for me.

So in the "last area" or arena, where the Archon Priest is set loose, there is a platform on the far right side of the map. On the left edge of the platform, near the cliff, is a spot where you can crouch and get under.

When I played the Weekly on lvl 26 difficulty, this was a great spot to hide and plink at the baddies. You can still take damage, but it was relatively easy compared to running around.

It's best, when running with a full Fireteam and doing the platform method, to just have one under the platform and two at the entrance. Helps spread the minion Fallen and keep the Archon's attention divided to allow for more opportunities to fire on him. Otherwise, you get a helluva lot of fire that will pin you in (one-shot Captains >.<), the Archon will spend a lot of time on the platform where you can't fire at him, and when he is in the open you'll have to fire through a shield of spongey minions before you get the chance to fire on him directly (if you get that chance).

So either do the split team method, or the entrance method with one person at a time firing from the corner and retreating back up the cliff when mobs swarm in.

Edit: I'm a bit disappointed when trying a vanilla strike (Cosmodrome lvl 8 as lvl 28) that you don't really do more damage against the bosses despite what weapons you have and the level you are past a certain point. You do the greater amount if the level of the strike is higher due to the bosses having more health, but that's the only scaling present to them it seems like. I get it that it's there to keep people from basically cheesing lower levels through with a veteran teammate(s) or when attempting bounties, but goddamn my SUROS Regime shouldn't be only doing 121 damage here when in the higher strikes it does far more.

Heel

Get that bad juju duplicate for your alt.

I picked another Invective over another Bad Juju based solely on how long it would take to do. Might give it to my Titan, might just break it down for energy. What's an unleveled exotic worth?

5 reward items for completing a stike. Whoa

It's awesome, except those moments where the guy who gets it is the one who jumps in right near the end because the other two guys who were with you ditch out because they didn't get their 'No deaths during strike' bounty or were AFK hoping you could do the whole strike for them.

Nearly every strike with randoms has gone like this behavior-wise the past 72 hours
lol threw a tripmine on sepiks and he teleported to me.

i think my own tripmine has killed me more than my enemies.

Haha word of advice for those doing the Weekly/Nightfall and cheesing under the platform: Do not throw the trip mine when under there. Doesn't matter how much clearance you have, it's going to kill you.

jadedm17

The part I find most hilarious is that Bungie removed the lower reward for losing in Iron Banner entirely. So now people will just quit if they start losing and rejoin in the hopes of finding a winning team.

Bungie is astonishingly clueless about how human behavior works. This is also evident in the Exotic weapon bounties with PvP requirements, and the Crucible bounties where your goal is "10 headshots with your farts" so people just try to get 10 fart headshots and ignore objectives, winning, and everything else.

Strangely enough they managed to keep that nonsense out of Halo games and made achievements only single player while games like Gears of War were plagued with people grabbing the weapons they needed for achievements regardless of how well they played with them. This is a step backwards in many ways.

It's best, when running with a full Fireteam and doing the platform method, to just have one under the platform and two at the entrance. Helps spread the minion Fallen and keep the Archon's attention divided to allow for more opportunities to fire on him. Otherwise, you get a helluva lot of fire that will pin you in (one-shot Captains >.<), the Archon will spend a lot of time on the platform where you can't fire at him, and when he is in the open you'll have to fire through a shield of spongey minions before you get the chance to fire on him directly (if you get that chance).

So either do the split team method, or the entrance method with one person at a time firing from the corner and retreating back up the cliff when mobs swarm in.

Good to know, I really appreciate it, thanks!

Looks like DeeJ is going to address the apparent issues with the Iron Banner on Friday, as well as take feedback directly to the development team.

....This is what he said-

I'll be addressing this in the Weekly Update.

Preview: Power Matters, but so does skill.

....We're supposed to believe that skill somehow makes the first gun you get do the same damage as every other auto rifle? Holy shit deej. Don't double down on it.

Nameless

3 legendary engrams tonight...2 off class armor pieces(which I would've dismantled anyway) and 1 filled with shards outright. Plus two more ass shards from the Daily. Forgive me RNGesus for losing faith. I know now through you all things are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom