• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Still any groups gearing for a 12:00ish VoG run? Wanna make sure my name is on that list... got an eagle eye on my PSN app friends list...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I have never been more hyped than i am right at this moment. Beat hard mode and got:
Helmet
Gloves
Chest
Vex mythoclast all in one fucking raid. Fuck yeah

qIth0dQ.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
double grenades? flash bang or something else?
flashbangs disable minotaurs, pretty invaluable. during arc burns they're also really effective on everything.

you could also go gjallarhorn, pocket infinity, thunderlord etc as you have both extra special and heavy ammo. fully upgraded gjallarhorn on an armamentarium striker sounds scary to me.

I played with some GAF'ers earlier for the nightfall and weekly level 28 heroic and it was the most pleasant multiplayer experience i've ever had.

When we wiped we laughed and agreed on what to try the next time until we got it right.

Was brilliant.

Been my experience with everyone as well here. Until recently, randoms haven't been bad either, but now when doing Vanguard Tiger or any matchmaking strikes period I'm at the point where I can make a drinking game out of the behavior from going AFK in the starting area, zooming past everyone/everything and ditching the rest of the fireteam(smart, but since no comms it's a dick move for those who want to fight through the whole thing and they have to make the kills to progress the mission), to bailing out if they need revived or aren't revived to their schedule.

Wow... I hate you lol.

Some people just have it all..

Looking for two to help kill Aksor the Archon Priest for weekly strike. I'm up to him already, just need to take him out. Don't have headset on but don't think its needed for this anyway.

PS4 - rics17
Level 28 difficulty

Thanks.

*edit* Just need 1 more.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I have never been more hyped than i am right at this moment. Beat hard mode and got:
Helmet
Gloves
Chest
Vex mythoclast all in one fucking raid. Fuck yeah

Thought I was done for the night. I saw you all kitted out lookin' like a Vex, now I'm booting up my PS4 all over again :/

darthbob

I need to join a faction then. Tired of the ugly Crucible/Vanguard leg armors.

Just remember that each faction, Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, and FWC all focus on different stats. Intellect, Discipline, and Strength.

DO - DSC/STR, NM - INT/STR, FWC - INT/DSC.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
reminds me of people in Dark Souls 2 PvP. Using shit like insta-poison. And when people complained they were like "there's nothing wrong with the game git gud"

fuck you Mr. Made Up Person I Used for this Example. You and your incredibly long last name
Lmao at this. That is all ;)

Losing hard in Iron Banner is the least fun of anything. Just went 2 hours with the other team always having at least 1 lv 30 and 1 mythoclast. Hey, but I got a fat 50 rep from turning in a bounty, so there's that.

RedFury

Losing hard in Iron Banner is the least fun of anything. Just went 2 hours with the other team always having at least 1 lv 30 and 1 mythoclast. Hey, but I got a fat 50 rep from turning in a bounty, so there's that.
I haven't run into a mythocast yet. A quarter of the way thru lvl 2. Has it been confirmed that you start getting gear after 2? Haven't got anything. Iron banner is rather pointless I just ran my first raid and got gloves. Stopped for the night at Templar.

darthbob

Are they rare? My first legendary drop was those boots forever ago lol

Eh, not particularly. You can buy them from the NM guy Hideo once you get your faction rep up to Rank 2.

Then again, 'rare' isn't really well defined when referring to Destiny's loot.

I haven't run into a mythocast yet. A quarter of the way thru lvl 2. Has it been confirmed that you start getting gear after 2? Haven't got anything.

You get the ability to purchase IB gear when you reach Rank 3.

Reposting for new page:

Looking for one person for the Weekly Nightfall on PS4.

So far there's me (level 29 Sunsinger) and my wife (level 28 Bladedancer ).

My PSN is: ShinigamiFrost

Man is it just me or is iron banner even less fun than normal crucible...

I've been enjoying it more, though I haven't played Crucible prior for possibly a couple weeks to Iron Banner. But maybe I've been lucky in generally not being set up constantly against steamroll teams and being a better player overall from when I started.

The Comedian also helps tremendously.

Only main issues I've had have been the rep rewards on losses and the disappointing stock from the vendor, but everything else has been rather enjoyable.

The net code/server issues I spoke of earlier with Nibb are the worst element thus far, but that wouldn't be restricted to Iron Banner as I've even noticed some destabilizations in the PVE on occasion during that time frame.

RedFury

Eh, not particularly. You can buy them from the NM guy Hideo once you get your faction rep up to Rank 2.

Then again, 'rare' isn't really well defined when referring to Destiny's loot.

You get the ability to purchase IB gear when you reach Rank 3.
But can you get a rifle, shotgun, etc?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Since I can't find someone to Raid with I decided to start a Warlock. For fucksake this game is addictive. I already have a 28 Hunter and 27 Titan and instead of playing my new game (Middle Earth), I'm starting Destiny over. AGAIN. FOR THE THIRD TIME. Wtf.

darthbob

But can you get a rifle, shotgun, etc?

I asked that question earlier and didn't get a response. I've yet to see any sort of Iron Banner gear drop randomly after a match. So while I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for it to do so, it kinda feels like you can only get that gear by leveling up your IB Rank.

Do you get more Iron Banner rep for wearing the shader and icon?

Per the Iron Banner article at Bungie.net: "Emblem and Shader each provide stacking 10% boosts to Iron Banner reputation gains"

Since I can't find someone to Raid with I decided to start a Warlock. For fucksake this game is addictive. I already have a 28 Hunter and 27 Titan and instead of playing my new game (Middle Earth), I'm starting Destiny over. AGAIN. FOR THE THIRD TIME. Wtf.

I don't know when I'll work on another character. I understand the benefits, but it's a huge time sink for even just the one and I hope to be able to play something else either new or in my backlog as well some day.

I don't see how people do it. Then again, it took me a long while to warm up to the rhythm of the game, so maybe it's just another thing that I'll have the moment where "I get it" and isn't a chore.

With that said, I do want to get some other characters going so I can offer more when it comes to the Nightfall's and Raids. Hunter is great, but Sunslinger and Defender fit the team role I like to do rather than waiting for the opportune time to activate an immediate use-it-or-lose-it ability that is purely offensive. Plus I have a lot of Titan Exotics.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I started Shadow of Mordor, and it's great....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom