• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy Bean

I know it's late but any XboxOne peeps want to do the normal raid tomorrow night around 11:00 pm ET? I'm a level 29 warlock and have finished it once. Shoot me a message on live or here and I'll set it up. GT is dmh33.

MidEvlDed

Soloed the nightfall. Tried the under the ramp thing and got wrecked. Doesn't really work solo because the boss goes above you. Tried my usual spot up on the rocks and got through it in 3 MG magazines.

Yeah...I think it's time to quit playing for the night.

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274794783503&gamertag=BananasWithGuns&vid=1627f6f3-0b61-4dc8-a8b9-1bef7ba25833

I know it's late but any XboxOne peeps want to do the normal raid tomorrow night around 11:00 pm ET? I'm a level 29 warlock and have finished it once. Shoot me a message on live or here and I'll set it up. GT is dmh33.

Never done it before but I've been wanting to try so if you're willing to take on newcomers I have a 28 Titan. Can go Defender or Striker, whatever's preferred.

yatesl

I wish I was still interested in this. Put 75 hours in to it then just got bored of the grinding. Logged in for a minute to buy an exotic auto then not touched since.

It's fun when in a team, but day to day ascended shard farming is a killer. Hopefully the DLC pulls me back (at which point my legendaries & exotics will be weak)

todd360

Sunbreakerssssss get yer sunbreakersssss here! Hello miss how many would you like? Three? Hell I'll throw in a fourth free! Sunnnnnnbreakkkerrrzzzzzz

So last night I got the MIDA MULTI-TOOL from completing the summoning pits on the Vanguard Tiger playlist.

Never really given scout rifles much of a chance, so I might as well start with this one.

I hear it helps pinpoint chests and mats, but that little radar on the side doesn't seem to be very useful. Anyone know how to make this work?

Obscured

Need to do Weekly Nightfall or Raid. Until thing I am randoming it up in Iron Banner.

Best use for Defender bubble is dancing, people cannot stop themselves from coming in.

Beowulf is a great shader, looks very Robotech to me.

XB1 GT: Mouroutaru

Raxus

I really want to complete a hard mode raid on the PS4 but most people seem to either struggle through it or have already cleared it :(

I really want to complete a hard mode raid on the PS4 but most people seem to either struggle through it or have already cleared it :(

Or scrubs like me who are still 28.

^^^^Choose Invective. Enjoy it before Bungie knocks them out to pave the way for Mycoclasts and the Three Tenors to further dominate. A good shotgun goes a long way in PvP, if nothing else than to deter those who will use them on you.

About 3 hours in iron banner and under 100 rep gained. Almost just had 10 kills without dying but bam, next game mythoclasted right at the start.

the3ye

I'm tired of getting Nemesis Plane armor sets for my Warlock... Every blue enagrem = nemesis plane crap... + green drops past lvl20? That's a joke

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
figured I'd level my warlock a tiny bit before bed but I jumped in the iron banner for funsies

my first match. dat blue n' white gear
Bze54ieCMAAu68l.jpg:large

Bze5KPPCQAA63yu.jpg:large
garden of suros indeed. galahad ya'll

Trace

Banned
Finally found out about the mythoclast in PvP. Got almost insta-killed across the map multiple times by a level 29, ofc they were using it.

That gun is straight unfair, no way should it be allowed in PvP in its current state.

invective, thorn or bad juju?

I have the bounty choice now... go...

Invective. It wrecks in PvP -- people never know what hit them. I've never used it in PvE so I can't speak on that.

I also have a near fully upgraded Bad JuJu and well...don't get it unless you want a cool looking gun that isn't useful for anything more than kicking around level 4 Dregs.

Never used and don't have any interest in the Thorn but it seems better than the Bad JuJu.

I'm tired of getting Nemesis Plane armor sets for my Warlock... Every blue enagrem = nemesis plane crap... + green drops past lvl20? That's a joke

after a certain point, all the hunter blues turn into rustburners and all the greens turn into mangala skin, lol

that variety

Invective. It wrecks in PvP -- people never know what hit them. I've never used it in PvE so I can't speak on that.

I also have a near fully upgraded Bad JuJu and well...don't get it unless you want a cool looking gun that isn't useful for anything more than kicking around level 4 Dregs.

Never used and don't have any interest in the Thorn but it seems better than the Bad JuJu.

My only problem with this is shotguns are getting nerfed soon and juju is getting boosted.

About 3 hours in iron banner and under 100 rep gained. Almost just had 10 kills without dying but bam, next game mythoclasted right at the start.

Such stupid Bounties (just like most of the PvP stuff), though probably the only thing that makes Iron Banner closer to what it supposedly was intended to be.

What do I know though; longest streak was probably 6 or 7 in my time with the game.
My only problem with this is shotguns are getting nerfed soon and juju is getting boosted.

I don't know how much range the Invective has in PvP since I need a decent replacement for my SUROS Regime to free up an Exotic slot, but I know my use with The Comedian today has had the range pretty reasonable for a shotgun. If they keep it within that, I'd say Invective should be just fine.

Hopefully Bungie does it on a per-weapon basis. Don't want those of lesser range than say the Invective or The Universal Remote to become entirely useless.

wbarreda

Need to do Weekly Nightfall or Raid. Until thing I am randoming it up in Iron Banner.

Best use for Defender bubble is dancing, people cannot stop themselves from coming in.

Beowulf is a great shader, looks very Robotech to me.

XB1 GT: Mouroutaru

I haven't done a nightfall before but I am down if you are. level 27 Titan Defender ... should be on in 20 min

TTG

Such stupid Bounties (just like most of the PvP stuff), though probably the only thing that makes Iron Banner closer to what it supposedly was intended to be.

What do I know though; longest streak was probably 6 or 7 in my time with the game.

I've gotten the 10 streak(assists count you know) twice and high score only once. I actually enjoy goals like that, even if the reward is next to nil.

Menome

Regarding the Iron Banner dropouts, the fairest way I can think of for penalising fairweather-players, without also penalising people who genuinely had to leave for a phone call, someone at the door etc. would be timed lock-outs. If you leave a match partway through, you then have to wait 15 minutes to join a new Iron Banner match.

People who are trying to game-hop will hopefully learn to stay in, as matches will last less time than the lock-out. Genuine leavers will be impacted to a lesser degree, as they will have had something that required their attention anyway and will be left with just a few minutes' wait when they return.

Loam

Completed the raid for the third week in a row and once again have yet to receive any gear or weapons. While I didn't think it was ideal, I never really had a problem with Destiny's RNG loot system as it always felt like a secondary means of gearing up after vanguard/crucible marks. I understand that the raid gear is as end game as it gets, but after getting stone walled for a three-peat with no currency or some form of system that could at least guarantee a minimal means of progression I have to admit I am starting to get a little salty. On the up side by the time I actually manage to get gear ill basically have a limitless supply of ass shards so I guess there is that.
I have never been more hyped than i am right at this moment. Beat hard mode and got:
Helmet
Gloves
Chest
Vex mythoclast all in one fucking raid. Fuck yeah
God damn it.

TTG

Is the magic number to buy any one thing from Xur 25 coins? I only need one more, also sitting on 33 motes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom