• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Just about to leave work. Gotta get home and have a beer with the neighbor for his birthday then I'm on...

PSN: silkysm00th

if anyone is raiding ... please.. i beg of you... tried to drag a group of 2 25s and 2 26s and a 27 through the templar fight and it just wasn't happening ... i need them chests!! My Last Word is waiting for me there! cold and alone :(

PLEASE

dengatron

i don't know if iron banner truly scales gear advantages well, considering i'm 30 with maxed weapons and armor, but i think it definitely rewards strings of solid play..

was wrecking in about 7 straight games, and then on a string of 3 out of the last 5 i played, this happened..

Bze8YSoIYAELELP.jpg:orig

Bze8LgSIAAAnRDQ.jpg:orig

Bze7gmbIcAEJGs7.jpg:orig

felt great to be rewarded for doing well... maybe they changed something for iron banner?

I've gotten the 10 streak(assists count you know) twice and high score only once. I actually enjoy goals like that, even if the reward is next to nil.

Ack, I thought it was kill streaks only. Haven't had too many problems in the high score surprisingly, just can never be like some of those people who can just tear through a trio of other players without resorting to Supers.

how should I gear and build a striker for VOG/endgame PVE? i've done normal vog as a sunsinger but want to give it a go eventually as a striker

Strikers aren't nearly as helpful as defenders for the titan class in VoG IMHO. You really don't want to be getting in THAT close to enemies with the ground pound, and bubble with blessing is great for boss fights.

Yu Narukami

General question about Defenders. Which one gives a greater buff Armor of Light or Blessing of Light? Is it a bug that Force Barrier doesn't display a countdown?

dengatron

Ack, I thought it was kill streaks only. Haven't had too many problems in the high score surprisingly, just can never be like some of those people who can just tear through a trio of other players without resorting to Supers.

the key is being patient, and abusing autorifle head shot damage. i've killed 4 people with a clip of suros. actually got the 10 kill streak one done in my first match of the day today because 2 people running together feeding each other assists almost guarantees you get it done instantly.

how should I gear and build a striker for VOG/endgame PVE? i've done normal vog as a sunsinger but want to give it a go eventually as a striker

People will tell you not to go striker but defender is completely overkill for vog normal and i actually use slam on the adds inside portals for atheon, with the shield bearer, for instant clears. gear for int and disc, because strength is pointless when you don't one shot things with stormfist anyways, and the build really doesn't matter. i use lightning grenade because it does the most damage, but the blind grenade is great for minotaurs if they're giving you trouble.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428616757/2305843009215408560#gear is the build i've cleared normal 10+ times with, and hard twice. stay striker strong. don't let these fucks force you to be a bubble bitch.

i don't know if iron banner truly scales gear advantages well, considering i'm 30 with maxed weapons and armor, but i think it definitely rewards strings of solid play..

was wrecking in about 7 straight games, and then on a string of 3 out of the last 5 i played, this happened..

felt great to be rewarded for doing well... maybe they changed something for iron banner?

Nice!

Navy Bean

dengatron

General question about Defenders. Which one gives a greater buff Armor of Light or Blessing of Light? Is it a bug that Force Barrier doesn't display a countdown?

armor of light is more for countering blade dancers and other ults in pvp, because in the raid shit can't actually hit you inside the bubble unless it comes in with you. blessing is good for over shields when it gets hairy during some of the encounters for hard, and weapons of light is used for atheon dps shenanigans since your bubble is up 100% of the time on that platform in middle

Chitown B

getting a lot of shards and energy from public events today. they must have updated something. there was a drought for a while.

Yu Narukami

armor of light is more for countering blade dancers and other ults in pvp, because in the raid shit can't actually hit you inside the bubble unless it comes in with you. blessing is good for over shields when it gets hairy during some of the encounters for hard, and weapons of light is used for atheon dps shenanigans since your bubble is up 100% of the time on that platform in middle

Ok. I wish the melee attack had a longer reach coming from a Sunsinger.

JackHerer

Hawkmoon AND Pocket Infinity in one day? Very productive day for my guardian :)

re: Iron Banner. I was hoping that the major difference would be that everyone takes longer to die, therefore leading to longer and potentially more interesting fights. At least that would have made it distinctly different from the vanilla crucible experience to make it worthwhile. Right now the only reason I have to play is because I want those gold shaders you can get. I'm getting sick of using the same two shaders all the time.

Titan Defenders:

Armor of Light for PVP

Weapons of Light for PVE

I'm cooking up an in-depth Titan class video with build recommendations for PVE and PVP. After putting in over 150 hours with the Titan, it's time to share my thoughts, recommendations and concerns for the class moving forward.

People will tell you not to go striker but defender is completely overkill for vog normal and i actually use slam on the adds inside portals for atheon, with the shield bearer, for instant clears. gear for int and disc, because strength is pointless when you don't one shot things with stormfist anyways, and the build really doesn't matter. i use lightning grenade because it does the most damage, but the blind grenade is great for minotaurs if they're giving you trouble.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428616757/2305843009215408560#gear is the build i've cleared normal 10+ times with, and hard twice. stay striker strong. don't let these fucks force you to be a bubble bitch.

Haha there's the OT8 title.

Yu Narukami

Titan Defenders:

Armor of Light for PVP

Weapons of Light for PVE

I'm cooking up an in-depth Titan class video with build recommendations for PVE and PVP. After putting in over 150 hours with the Titan, it's time to share my thoughts, recommendations and concerns for the class moving forward.

Armor of Light can save your ass in PVE too.

darthbob

the key is being patient, and abusing autorifle head shot damage. i've killed 4 people with a clip of suros. actually got the 10 kill streak one done in my first match of the day today because 2 people running together feeding each other assists almost guarantees you get it done instantly.

For a second I thought I was looking at my own Titan.

^5

got an exotic bounty, where on Venus is Fireteam Tuyet's last stand?

is it a mission or a patrol?

Yo.

Sullichin

One win away from Iron Banner Rank 2. Tomorrow.

And I'm wondering what's the point. I doubt I'll reach rank 3 before it's over and I can't buy the machine gun if I do because I have 0 crucible marks but maxed out my weekly marks.

Paertan

Reason I would recommend Weapons of Light for PVE is because of the Helm of Saint-14 blindness perk, helps your team out more with increased DPS.

That blindness perk is awesome xD Punching blind enemies is really fun!

I mostly use Armor of Light but on Atheon I put up my shield on center platform and use Weapon of Light to increase damage. I put up the shield on front end of platform and stand more or less behind it so the splash don't hit me.

kidko

Just scrapped my Shadow Price.

I used it for a while but ultimately decided I'd rather go back to Shingen-E in PVP. The small clip was putting me in too many sticky situations. Maybe with crazy fast reload buffs it would work, but mine didn't have any.

That blindness perk is awesome xD Punching blind enemies is really fun!

I mostly use Armor of Light but on Atheon I put up my shield on center platform and use Weapon of Light to increase damage. I put up the shield on front end of platform and stand more or less behind it so the splash don't hit me.

Yeah, it's good to place near one of the paths to the Confluxes in VoG and you can defend another area.

Just scrapped my Shadow Price.

I used it for a while but ultimately decided I'd rather go back to Shingen-E in PVP. The small clip was putting me in too many sticky situations. Maybe with crazy fast reload buffs it would work, but mine didn't have any.

Find a Shadow Price with Field Scout so you can put that bad boy's clip up to 42.

OK, ran through the daily heroic at level 28 once... need to do it again... doesn't take very long. Let me know if you want to join. Three people is quickest but I just did it with two no problem. I'd solo it but I just wanna chill right now.

GKW212 on PS4... get involved.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone want to join or need the daily (28)?, I'm about to start it, level 27+ please

2 spaces

Yeah, it's good to place near one of the paths to the Confluxes in VoG and you can defend another area.

Find a Shadow Price with Field Scout so you can put that bad boy's clip up to 42.

I'm... I'm sorry... did someone just scrap their Shadow Price? That's just wrong.

Between the reload perk and the 42 clip, it's the best AR in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom