• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadedm17

This game is frustratingly stupid at times.
Just played a match in Iron Banner where a guy quit on my team seconds in.
The whole match was 5v6 until he was replaced with under a minute left.

Fucking really?

If anyone needs a teammate on PS4 : notjaded

Regarding the Iron Banner dropouts, the fairest way I can think of for penalising fairweather-players, without also penalising people who genuinely had to leave for a phone call, someone at the door etc. would be timed lock-outs. If you leave a match partway through, you then have to wait 15 minutes to join a new Iron Banner match.

People who are trying to game-hop will hopefully learn to stay in, as matches will last less time than the lock-out. Genuine leavers will be impacted to a lesser degree, as they will have had something that required their attention anyway and will be left with just a few minutes' wait when they return.

Or they could add some rep for losing. No one likes just being rocked by a premade for nothing at all.

gatti-man

Completed the raid for the third week in a row and once again have yet to receive any gear or weapons. While I didn't think it was ideal, I never really had a problem with Destiny's RNG loot system as it always felt like a secondary means of gearing up after vanguard/crucible marks. I understand that the raid gear is as end game as it gets, but after getting stone walled for a three-peat with no currency or some form of system that could at least guarantee a minimal means of progression I have to admit I am starting to get a little salty. On the up side by the time I actually manage to get gear ill basically have a limitless supply of ass shards so I guess there is that.

God damn it.
I ran the raid normal twice getting nothing but a ship and titan sash. Then i ran hard mode and cashed in this week. Hopefully your luck changes.

Iron Banner differences need to be bigger. Went into IB with a Level 13 Titan, with a Level 10 AR, and I feel like it didn't make that big a difference.

dengatron

agree on the level difference stuff. i actually leveled a 4th titan 2weeks ago to get a full raid set so i could be 30 for this, and it doesn't seem to have made much difference. apparently iron banner random rewards start dropping after you hit rank 2. guess i'll post on this tomorrow if i see any, because i hit rank 2 tonight. hoping for that dopey fuck of a ship, and want to see what the auto rifles actual stats are.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
I've had a Hex Caster ARC in my vault for ages now. It doesn't have any stability upgrades to unlock. Should I dismantle it?

Not sure if people know this, but you can "fatten" up your legendaries for when you shard them.

I had the same weapon (hated it) but upgraded it to the point where it would need ass energy then stopped using it, vaulted it.

Bit later, I realized I'd never use this weapon, and sharded it. Got 5 ass energies and an autorifle telemetry kit

Yu Narukami

Not sure if people know this, but you can "fatten" up your legendaries for when you shard them.

I had the same weapon (hated it) but upgraded it to the point where it would need ass energy then stopped using it, vaulted it.

Bit later, I realized I'd never use this weapon, and sharded it. Got 5 ass energies and an autorifle telemetry kit

Isn't that random too like everything in the game?

Paertan

You can fatten up all gear. For example green armor will not always grant material if you dismantle. But if you level them up they will give you materials. I do this with blue and green stuff and upgrade with glimmer only to get more materials.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really wish there was a 3v3 Iron Banner playlist, too. I hate 6v6.

I really want the SP, but the Vanguard's one always has crappy perks.

Yeah. I got mine from a Vanguard package at the post office when I hit Vanguard level 3. I haven't looked back.

I have Bad Seed Down on my alt and, when I'm too lazy to switch the SP over (always), I feel like I'm handicapped without it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Did Raid got 10 Ass Energy + Found Verdict (Legendary Arc Shotty [Auto Perk]) + Corrective Measure (Legendary Void LMG)

Now I have 3 Legendary LMG's for each Element, which is awesome for weekly/nightfall
Have Unfriendly Giant + The Cure as my Rocket Launchers, missing a Legendary Arc to have 6 Legendaries and cover all Special Weapons, gonna wait to see when Gjallarhorn comes to me

Gonna start working on fusion rifles + snipers now, shottys last so have the special weapon element base covered

Then it's RNG to get Vex Mytho or Atheon's Prologue for Primary

NastyBook

My haul tonight in the Raid
iNDAmVuIvvwwX.jpg

ib3ZmW4RgTnZ5.jpg

i37eNTIwfYifP.jpg

Took this thing for a spin on the Daily with the Void damage buff and just laughed as I shredded my enemies to shreds.

Fingers crossed for Raid gear next week.

Ken

They REALLY need to do something about leavers in IB. I keep getting put on teams that are 5000 points down, and I just can't catch up with that huge of a lead on the other team. It not only screws over whoever is currently in the game, it screws over everyone who gets placed on that team to fill the spot.

Y'all know about this new "loot cave"? It's more "loot stairs" than anything. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-next-loot-cave-is-a-heavenly-stairway/1100-6422815/

Tried it out myself for a while. It was pretty cool. If you want to level up some alt or gear, or farm some drops it's a good place. Also, it's perfect for the fusion rifle bounty (kill 2 or more with one shot).

Noticed some people using that for quite some time a week or so ago. May have been that same person actually the one notable day when they were upsetting my multiple bounty loop that utilizes that spawn (one of which was the Fusion Bounty).

new "cave" is too slow and people running around it can interrupt the spawns

nothing can replace the original. an event or AI war every 30 minutes plus plenty of room to move around made it one of a kind.

I haven't played this game in days, I want to do the raid but if it gives me ass energy & shards for another run I will be returning this game tofuckingday

Y'all know about this new "loot cave"? It's more "loot stairs" than anything. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destinys-next-loot-cave-is-a-heavenly-stairway/1100-6422815/

Tried it out myself for a while. It was pretty cool. If you want to level up some alt or gear, or farm some drops it's a good place. Also, it's perfect for the fusion rifle bounty (kill 2 or more with one shot).

Nope. Doesn't exist. Stop talking about it. Seriously. Stop. They're watching us.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
my man. these will be so useful

For me Special weapons have been a bane of existence somehow

I get Primary and Heavy like they're raining down from the sky, but Special weapons have been the most barren part for me

On the gear side, enough Head/Hand Engrams, Feet/Body super rare

I'm thinking about burning my Marks Crucible and Vanguard on the Legendary Snipers and Fusions to get me covered until I get Plan C

I get Gear would be for dismantling for pieces

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Home and online right now. Got at least 3 people right now down ... Would like a lvl 29 or two with some experience to lead our way through. Psn = silkysm00th

new "cave" is too slow and people running around it can interrupt the spawns

nothing can replace the original. an event or AI war every 30 minutes plus plenty of room to move around made it one of a kind.

Yeah, it's a high traffic area since the drop zone is just seconds away.

However, if someone needs to quick boost and has already done all the activities they could, it's not a terrible alternative. Unless some Strike bounties come up or GAFers are interested, I'm likely done with Vanguard Tiger listing until something can be done with people griefing or going AFK through it (like in PvP).

failgubbe

My haul tonight in the Raid
iNDAmVuIvvwwX.jpg

ib3ZmW4RgTnZ5.jpg

i37eNTIwfYifP.jpg

Took this thing for a spin on the Daily with the Void damage buff and just laughed as I shredded my enemies to shreds.

Fingers crossed for Raid gear next week.

The exploding perk on Praedyth's Revenge is cool, not a big fan of Atheon's Epilogue. Got almost the same rewards for the raid last week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom