• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaaz

Find a Shadow Price with Field Scout so you can put that bad boy's clip up to 42.

I got Shadow Price as a gift from the Vanguard from ranking up, and just assumed every Shadow Price sold by the Vanguard had this perk. Is that not the case?

And agree, 42 clip on Shadow Price is godly. It's my go-to weapon, with Ice Breaker in my special slot and Unfriendly Giant as my heavy.

Midas

Might as well give it a go.

Interested in raid. Can play between 6pm and 23pm CET on weekdays (not today though), later on weekends. Level 29 warlock. Have done half twice, so I still don't know everything. PS4.

Midas

I got Shadow Price as a gift from the Vanguard from ranking up, and just assumed every Shadow Price sold by the Vanguard had this perk. Is that not the case?

And agree, 42 clip on Shadow Price is godly. It's my go-to weapon, with Ice Breaker in my special slot and Unfriendly Giant as my heavy.

Is it better than Monte Carlo?

Got my Warlock chest from Templer last night, can't complain, for some reason final boss was glitching like a bitch and we gave in to frustration in the end.

jaaz

Is it better than Monte Carlo?

I haven't tried the Monte Carlo, but I can swear by SP. It's stable stock, with great impact, good rate of fire and reload, and a 42 mag perk, apparently in some configurations. I always find myself equipping it over my Suros or Midas Mutil-Tool. It's just good.

So last night I got the MIDA MULTI-TOOL from completing the summoning pits on the Vanguard Tiger playlist.

Never really given scout rifles much of a chance, so I might as well start with this one.

I hear it helps pinpoint chests and mats, but that little radar on the side doesn't seem to be very useful. Anyone know how to make this work?

Seriously, nobody can tell me how to use this thing?

Midas

I haven't tried the Monte Carlo, but I can swear by SP. It's stable stock, with great impact, good rate of fire and reload, and a 42 mag perk, apparently in some configurations. I always find myself equipping it over my Suros or Midas Mutil-Tool. It's just good.

Okay. I just looked at the one I have. No mag upgrade. :(

templar mad

FwAOHlN.jpg

Seriously, nobody can tell me how to use this thing?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2gq5zc/got_my_first_exotic_tonight_in_the_raid_its/

All of this is icing on the cake to its most important ability. There is a visible radar on the side of the gun that you can watch while you move around. At first I thought it was just for show, but then I noticed it would start getting brighter and glow when I was aimed in a specific direction. When I moved in that direction it glows brighter and starts to hum.

Its like a metal detector built into a gun. It finds nodes and chests in the area. I cannot tell you how many hidden caves and rooms I have found exploring because of this thing.

It makes farming for mats painless and fast.

Can confirm that completing Iron Banner bounties can lead to you possibly getting an exotic bounty...cause I just got my fifth one :D

Time to get the Pocket Infinity

jaaz

Okay. I just looked at the one I have. No mag upgrade. :(

It's still a great gun, but obviously the 42 mag perk is really good. You do lose the 100% stability perk if you increase the mag size, but the thing is so stable already that it doesn't affect me.

broony

Any good guides for the Xyor strike for the Thorn bounty? Tried to solo it last night and couldn't get past the third wave by the locked door.

None of my friends are high enough level or good enough to help me.

Any good guides for the Xyor strike for the Thorn bounty? Tried to solo it last night and couldn't get past the third wave by the locked door.

None of my friends are high enough level or good enough to help me.

Even if your friends are too low level, as long as they can entire the strike, if you can just carry them to Phogoth then they can wait outside the room and just sit there. That way you'll have infinite respawns. That's pretty much the way I did it.

broony

Even if your friends are too low level, as long as they can entire the strike, if you can just carry them to Phogoth then they can wait outside the room and just sit there. That way you'll have infinite respawns. That's pretty much the way I did it.

Thanks

I thought stuff spawned behind you if you waited outside?

If I can manage to get a weekly 28 done tomorrow, I may have just enough coins for both an armor and weapon from Xur this week, provided he is selling anything good. Plus enough motes for an engram, if it's anything interesting.

Hoping to get the 15 lock to 20 something this weekend as well. Granted, I don't have enough purples to get it nightfall worthy quite yet.

bosseye

Oh Destiny, y must u trollz.

FInally got my first legendary item. A class item (Warlock) that when worn applies all reputation gained to Dead Orbit. No use to me, I'm trying to farm Vanguard rep....

U_WOT_M8.jpg

Still, got to rank 1 of Iron Banner, got my shader and emblem so I can forget about that now. And yes I know rank 1 is easy peasy, but it still seemed to take me about 8 games and a couple of hours.

Korosenai

Did the hard mode raid to the gatekeepers and the relics, and i didnt get anything but the raid sniper that i already got 3 weeks ago.

Skele7on

Banned
what a day yesterday.

Found a way to glitch the nightfall.. which is super handy. (drop me a DM)

Also got 7 shards for doing it + the buff

Got vanguard to level 3 and got a bunch of nice goodies

Also got a total of 16 shards last night

So now fully maxed my helm and my raid chest.

Just boots and gauntlets to go now!

DAY OFF TOMORROW TOO WOOOO!!

what a day yesterday.

Found a way to glitch the nightfall.. which is super handy. (drop me a DM)

Also got 7 shards for doing it + the buff

Got vanguard to level 3 and got a bunch of nice goodies

Also got a total of 16 shards last night

So now fully maxed my helm and my raid chest.

Just boots and gauntlets to go now!

DAY OFF TOMORROW TOO WOOOO!!

You have my attention...

I know the feeling. I'm not looking forward toward the 200 fusion rifle kills in Nightfall goal >.<

was really easy last week. just run around with fusion rifle in the first room and go to orbit. rinse and repeat.

this week wont be as easy because of the snipers so it'd be best to wait for one of the more enclosed strikes.

The speculation is that if it can drop Ass Energy and Shards, then it's the same as the other chests which can drop the gear and weapons.

will need confirmation. i'll give it a shot at that point

Ikkarus

Is the Iron Banner bounty where you need to kill 50 with the shader and emblem not working?

I have the emblem and shader equipped but it's not counting my kills for it.

kaiiri

I know the feeling. I'm not looking forward toward the 200 fusion rifle kills in Nightfall goal >.<

it's actually pretty easy... I did it in under an hour. it was during solar flare weakness week.. use a solar flare fusion rifle... went in.. emptied all I had .. died .. and repeated. having to be forced exited and going back sucked. otherwise it was easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom