• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vhayne

Neo Member
Is the Iron Banner bounty where you need to kill 50 with the shader and emblem not working?

I have the emblem and shader equipped but it's not counting my kills for it.

AFAIK, you also need to wear the IB class item (cape, armband, banner) which you can purchase at rank 2

WITHE1982

what a day yesterday.

Found a way to glitch the nightfall.. which is super handy. (drop me a DM)

Also got 7 shards for doing it + the buff

Got vanguard to level 3 and got a bunch of nice goodies

Also got a total of 16 shards last night

So now fully maxed my helm and my raid chest.
was really easy last week. just run around with fusion rifle in the first room and go to orbit. rinse and repeat.

this week wont be as easy because of the snipers so it'd be best to wait for one of the more enclosed strikes.

will need confirmation. i'll give it a shot at that point

It's not too bad actually. I racked up 50 fusion kills before reaching the Nightfall boss. Just rinse and repeat 4 times.

Just boots and gauntlets to go now!

DAY OFF TOMORROW TOO WOOOO!!

DM's you dude. I really need to get this Nightfall down tonight.

Got an arc damage Plan C out of Nightfall last night. Any opinions on this thing?

Awesome back up. once upgraded it has zero charge time on weapon swap (effect seems to have a cool down though). Hip fire accuracy is high and has solid range. It is my go to fusion, though it seems ineffectual in VoG Hard.

Anyone else consistently get Kicked to Orbit during Iron Banner games with errors like "bee"?

no, but when i was having issues awhile ago after a patch i would have to go to settings and log out my character, log out of psn and then log them both back in and for the most part that seemed to work for me.

Jaeyden

Awesome back up. once upgraded it has zero charge time on weapon swap (effect seems to have a cool down though). Hip fire accuracy is high and has solid range. It is my go to fusion, though it seems ineffectual in VoG Hard.

Do you know if it will one shot oracles when fully upgraded?

Fitts

I got my third Shadow Price from an engram yesterday. This one had the same stability perk that the others had but added a faster reload when the clip is empty (would prefer the one that has this effect after a kill, but whatever) and the stability upgrade that maxes the stat. (first one I've had with this) I'll miss having the radar stay active during ADS, but am in the process of upgrading the new SP.

I also took Thorn for a spin in PVP. Many shenanigans/laughs were had. I would pop shots until I knew the "poison" would finish them off and then just casually turn a corner or dance around their gunfire. It's nothing I would run all the time but it's some good fun nonetheless and it will be interesting to see how Bungie decides to buff it.

In addition, I decided to give the Devil You Know hand cannon another chance. Honestly, I don't know why it initially made such a poor impression because I actually enjoyed it quite a bit in PVE last night. (I didn't run it at all in PVP) The 13 round clip is pretty fantastic and stability is quite good.

Acidote

The Queen and Iron Banner events are cyclic right? I got Queen to rank 3, but I don't see how a solo player could level Iron Banner to rank 3 in a week unless he plays pvp 10 hours a day.

MrCow

today i noticed something crazy: when you press the trigger lightly on the (ps4) controller with a hand cannon equipped, you can see the hammer and the drum of the gun move, without fireing!

i'm probably not the first to notice it but i think it's a nice touch

colinp

Banned
Sooooooo what's the secret to Nightfall? I can't even get inside the little hiding place underneath, ugh. So infuriating.

Skele7on

Banned
Sooooooo what's the secret to Nightfall? I can't even get inside the little hiding place underneath, ugh. So infuriating.

go to the very left of the platform underbelly then crouch down, took me a couple turns...

if you look on the floor there is a small slope that you use.

Anyone looking for 200 nightfall kills, go into the cave until you hit the darkness zone. Then back out and make your way to the nexus strike. Just on the way to the courtyard there should be a massive fallen vs vex fight where they are all level 28. Then once in the courtyard, go to the left (the bit where you would go in the archive mission past the fallen captain) and in there you'll find more level 28 fallen. Quite a few there. Then after go to the first room in the nexus strike. Chock full of level 28 vex. That's like 70 kills in a single run. My void fusion rifle was one shotting everything including minotaurs so the only constraint you'll have is ammo.

After you clear out all three areas, hightail it back to the shattered coast. Wait around for about 20 seconds then do the run again. I did this in about 3 runs. Really fast. Just over 30 mins probs

Ambitious

Keep your distance and try to kill as many enemies as possible before approaching the arena. When the path is clear, run for it. At least that's what worked for me in the Weekly Heroic.

I'm actually trying the Nightfall by myself right now, want to join? I'm right before the boss. PSN: ps_flocki (PS4)

Don't bother with that. You can do it just as easily from the entrance to the final 'room'. Just hang back on the ledge and nothing can get you. When you need to go down to lure the Priest back

Thus also sounds worth considering. There are no spawns at the entrance?

colinp

Banned
Keep your distance and try to kill as many enemies as possible before approaching the arena. When the path is clear, run for it. At least that's what worked for me in the Weekly Heroic.

I'm actually trying the Nightfall by myself right now, want to join? I'm right before the boss. PSN: ps_flocki (PS4)

I'm PS3, alas, thanks anyway though!

Taking a break and going to eat before I go back in. Irysyfughdyfmbyr this game!!!

WITHE1982

Soloing the nightfall up until the boss is pretty easy this week TBH. However once the mobs spawn during the boss fight I tend to get killed very quickly. Gonna try from the entrance tonight although the priest never seems to come there for me.

Yaari

After getting stomped by IB premades I might have to retract my dislike over the current way rewards are handled.

No person will have a pretty record competing with those people and if it is rewarding, they will do it all day.

Anyone looking for 200 nightfall kills, go into the cave until you hit the darkness zone. Then back out and make your way to the nexus strike. Just on the way to the courtyard there should be a massive fallen vs vex fight where they are all level 28. Then once in the courtyard, go to the left (the bit where you would go in the archive mission past the fallen captain) and in there you'll find more level 28 fallen. Quite a few there. Then after go to the first room in the nexus strike. Chock full of level 28 vex. That's like 70 kills in a single run. My void fusion rifle was one shotting everything including minotaurs so the only constraint you'll have is ammo.

After you clear out all three areas, hightail it back to the shattered coast. Wait around for about 20 seconds then do the run again. I did this in about 3 runs. Really fast. Just over 30 mins probs

Thanks! Will try this tonight. I've been putting it off for almost a week now. And since I'm currently leveling Vision of Confluence as my primary, getting an exotic special is also a goal.

vakarian32

Quick question, with the iron banner bounties that say win 3 rounds with the shader, emblem and class items equipped, I'm assuming you need all 3 items equipped before gaining credit? Cheers

Ambitious

Soloing the nightfall up until the boss is pretty easy this week TBH. However once the mobs spawn during the boss fight I tend to get killed very quickly. Gonna try from the entrance tonight although the priest never seems to come there for me.

Yeah, it wasn't too hard. I found a safe hiding spot in the Dinklebot section. It's on the rocks to the left. Gotta be careful about those cursed Hobgoblins, though.

Correct, no spawns unlike the other strikes

Thanks! Will try this tonight. I've been putting it off for almost a week now. And since I'm currently leveling Vision of Confluence as my primary, getting an exotic special is also a goal.

Good luck :), I would also suggest taking a bunch of ammo synths with you. I might just have been having bad luck but I was getting barely any special ammo drops.

Ambitious

You've got to be kidding me. I was clearing the boss arena of enemies. I was almost done. A dropship approached, so I hid at the entrance again. When it left, it fired one single shot at me. Dead.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Heya guys, any dutchie wanna raid with us tomorrow? on PSN/PS4, We are gonna start early (Holland) 12:00. (GMT+1)

We are friendly, and joke around but take the raid seriously. We got to the Gatekeeper last week, but we are sure we can finish it.

if you wanna join send a msg/friend invite to omg_kungfu Also if you dont wanna raid you are still free to join our clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom