• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I drop the highest score in iron banner bounty since I've held onto it the last two days and I consistently come in second, third, or fourth in points.

I come in first the very next game. Goddammit.

kaiiri

Don't bother with that. You can do it just as easily from the entrance to the final 'room'. Just hang back on the ledge and nothing can get you. When you need to go down to lure the Priest back

what's the trick with luring him to the "entrance"? a buddy and I tried it earlier today and he kept on going kinda close but on the other side of the "rock wall" and shooting at that. we ended up just doing the "under the platform" thing and finished it from there.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Does this week's Nightfall have the Juggler modifier? I can't remember, but if it has that could be the cause.

No Juggler this week on the Nighfall or Weekly

Nightfall has all 3 Elemental active, Weekly has Void Burn modifier
The daily before it reset had Angry, that's just 1 hit KO melee from enemies

Kamina

Golden Boy
Quick question, with the iron banner bounties that say win 3 rounds with the shader, emblem and class items equipped, I'm assuming you need all 3 items equipped before gaining credit? Cheers
Exactly. Sadly the Class item requires lv2 on Iron Banner. I't's not hard to get there, but it is incredibly tedious.

hydruxo

what's the trick with luring him to the "entrance"? a buddy and I tried it earlier today and he kept on going kinda close but on the other side of the "rock wall" and shooting at that. we ended up just doing the "under the platform" thing and finished it from there.

Yeah he'll stay over there shooting at the rock wall. That's actually exactly where you want him to be. You can just go one at a time and take turns shooting a rocket or two / throwing nades / using supers then hopping back up to the entrance. Your teammates need to stay up on the ledge at the entrance help take out the shanks/captains/vandals that'll spawn while doing this though. That's how we beat Nightfall on tues.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Getting 3 Ascendant Energy from defeating the Templar on Hard Raid feels such like a bullshit thing

At least up the drop count to 10+ (Guaranteed) for everyone if you are keeping shard/energy in the loot pool
Put all that effort in and get same out as normal Raid drop...

Bosses should drop a guaranteed weapon/gear piece, Bungie does realize this will work in their favor, that people would go do Raid and put some effort into it

Hey spend 30+ minutes from getting massacred get < the same reward total you could if you do 3 public events if you have 3 characters that can do it daily...
Hell my 3 chars and maxing out certain items drops that are guaranteed, is a necessity now

18 Shards/Energy needed to upgrade 1 weapon or gear, if you come out of the Raid with just Ascendant Materials
I'm not asking everyone get guaranteed a Vex Mythoclast no matter what, but seriously, fix the loot tables

No Juggler this week on the Nighfall or Weekly

Nightfall has all 3 Elemental active, Weekly has Void Burn modifier
The daily before it reset had Angry, that's just 1 hit KO melee from enemies

I've done the Nightfall solo on tuesday night. Vision of Confluence helped a lot due to Solar Burn. But I've not done 28 Weekly yet. And want to try and complete the 200 fusion rifle kills part of Pocket Infinity.

Is Angry the 1 hit melee, or is it Lightswitch?

Does this week's Nightfall have the Juggler modifier? I can't remember, but if it has that could be the cause.

No, not as far as I am aware. During the actual nightfall it didn't seem so bad

Yeah he did that to us too. First if you have a sniper, you can shoot him over the little wall (when you jump down and you don't have to put yourself completely in the open) and he kinda just stands there. Second if you really wanna 'lure' him, you can shoot him in plain sight. This isn't recommended though. He followed us a few times and then promptly goes back, but some other times he teleports to right on top of you and melees you. Not good. But frankly with sniper bullets and rockets from ammo synths it doesn't take very long at all. It's just the adds and invisible vandals you have to worry about.

The only reason we did the entrance was because we heard mixed reviews about the hiding under the platform

Smoolio

I've done the Nightfall solo on tuesday night. Vision of Confluence helped a lot due to Solar Burn. But I've not done 28 Weekly yet. And want to try and complete the 200 fusion rifle kills part of Pocket Infinity.

Is Angry the 1 hit melee, or is it Lightswitch?

Lightswitch is 1 hit melee, angry is no flinching

Sergoes

Just finished a hard mode VoG and saw a guy get his Titan Helm, the hard mode ship, and a Vex Mythoclast. There was a resounding feeling of hatred for that guy. I don't think I've seen better drops in any encounter.

Just finished a hard mode VoG and saw a guy get his Titan Helm, the hard mode ship, and a Vex Mythoclast. There was a resounding feeling of hatred for that guy. I don't think I've seen better drops in any encounter.

I got the Timebreaker, Vex Mythoclast and two helmets. It was a good day for me.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Damn it's tedious to level IB rep. No rep from losses and often very lopsided teams.
Especially since many IB bounties require you to wear the class item aswell.

Dont hate that guy, hate RNG.

kaiiri

Yeah he'll stay over there shooting at the rock wall. That's actually exactly where you want him to be. You can just go one at a time and take turns shooting a rocket or two / throwing nades / using supers then hopping back up to the entrance. Your teammates need to stay up on the ledge at the entrance help take out the shanks/captains/vandals that'll spawn while doing this though. That's how we beat Nightfall on tues.

aaaahhh that make sense. i'll try that for next time. thanks!

Yeah he did that to us too. First if you have a sniper, you can shoot him over the little wall (when you jump down and you don't have to put yourself completely in the open) and he kinda just stands there. Second if you really wanna 'lure' him, you can shoot him in plain sight. This isn't recommended though. He followed us a few times and then promptly goes back, but some other times he teleports to right on top of you and melees you. Not good. But frankly with sniper bullets and rockets from ammo synths it doesn't take very long at all. It's just the adds and invisible vandals you have to worry about.

The only reason we did the entrance was because we heard mixed reviews about the hiding under the platform

the only issue I had was either coming out too far to the edge cause a sniper can still hit you... or sometimes he goes right above you on the platform thing. but we ended up just splitting up and it was easy. I do want to try that rock ledge thing though. seems easier since most of the adds can't get to you and there's no "scare" of the boss going somewhere weird.

aaaahhh that make sense. i'll try that for next time. thanks!

the only issue I had was either coming out too far to the edge cause a sniper can still hit you... or sometimes he goes right above you on the platform thing. but we ended up just splitting up and it was easy. I do want to try that rock ledge thing though. seems easier since most of the adds can't get to you and there's no "scare" of the boss going somewhere weird.

Ah yeah, fair enough. We did pretty much exactly what the person above my quote did. There were a few scares and we had to learn the hard way to only go one at a time haah... Thank god for radiance

Zakalwe

Banned
Raising another Titan. At level 11. On the moon missions right now (swarm princes) if anyone who has a character to level would like to join me.

Psn: astropoff

Ragona

Yeah the Iron Banner leveling advantages are bullshit. We just had a level 10 guy in the opponent team and he took the exact same amount of damage than everyone else.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Thanks for the assistance Grave Robber X! Sorry, was in a position to where a Mic wasn't practical.

Great 'lock skills!

Looking for 3 more for the raid on normal RIGHT NOW. Minimum level 28 please. Message LifeExpectancy on Xbox Live if interested (Xbox One).

I've got the Flawless Raider, so you can be sure we know what we're doing.

Nebula

Pro tips for Nightfall:

1. Snipe everything (Ice Breaker helps)
2. Don't use the Pikes
3. Don't solo
4. See 2.

Good luck!

kaiiri

Failed the Nightfall once again. I keep making dumb mistakes. Just got to close to a Minotaur in the Pike section.

so the first time I was going through there I was speeding through with the pike (I usually just skip them all during that section) ... ran into the minotaur.. and BOOOM. I was dead. I had no words. = /

Deku Tree

Ok. I still have the last three defense upgrade spots in two pieces of my legendary armor and it has 22 light. The max is 27 light right? How much light do I get for each upgrade? 1-2-2 or 2-2-1? Or 1-1-3? Or something else. I am trying to figure out how many shards I need to hit 5 more light and level 29. Thanks!

Ok. I still have the last three defense upgrade spots in two pieces of my legendary armor and it has 22 light. The max is 27 light right? How much light do I get for each upgrade? 1-2-2 or 2-2-1? Or 1-1-3? Or something else. I am trying to figure out how many shards I need to hit 5 more light and level 29. Thanks!

It goes 1-2-3 as far as I am aware

ValeYard

The raid drops are going to break me. Third normal run last night, everyone else got a weapon or a piece of armor. Then there's me getting Ascendant Shards.

In my experience, the first node always gives one light, forcing you to upgrade again. I had to max an exotic guantlets and a raid boots, and have one node on my chest and two on my helm to be the lowest possible 29 light level.

*Splinter

so the first time I was going through there I was speeding through with the pike (I usually just skip them all during that section) ... ran into the minotaur.. and BOOOM. I was dead. I had no words. = /
If you are skipping that section, your sparrow is probably safer than a pike

*Splinter

I could have sworn its 2-1-2, and 2-3-3 for Raid gear. I see other posters suggesting different progressions though, could you let us know if you find out?

The raid drops are going to break me. Third normal run last night, everyone else got a weapon or a piece of armor. Then there's me getting Ascendant Shards.

Im suffering the exact same, i have gotten ass mats only for 2 resets, a party member has has 3 piece raid gear and all weapons bar the clast. With no way for me to get to 30 doing hardmode is getting no nearer

Haines

Banned
Never been so frustrated.

Spent hours on raid boss with no deafeat.

Drained me. I was killing like 50 supplements and would just watch my team mates die round after round...

Dunno if I'm even going to go back to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom