• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very small area. Much smaller that one would think from videos. It is cool that there aren't any boundaries in place an you can walk off into the skybox and "background geometry".

Yeah, it is small. Makes me wonder if one of the blocks opens up to an indoor area. And yes, the skybox is the real reason to do it. One of those things where this is the only time you will be able to get away with it. At some point the kill zones and invisible walls will be added.

LiK

The invisible walls in the moon make no sense. There's a large crater in the middle of one area that's inside the normal play area but you still die cuz it's a restricted zone for no reason. We're forced to use the path instead. Why make inner sections of the map restricted?so many guys I played with accidentally jumped in during farming cuz there's no rhyme or reason for that area being a deadly zone.

Yeah, it is small. Makes me wonder if one of the blocks opens up to an indoor area. And yes, the skybox is the real reason to do it. One of those things where this is the only time you will be able to get away with it. At some point the kill zones and invisible walls will be added.

I also spent like 20 minutes jumpint off the floor right near the "mancannon" lift... you can freefall all the way down to the bottom and glide back into the beam to be sucked back to the top... amusement ride style lol.

You can also jump off right before you'd fall down onto an invisible wall or few ledges of the "roof" and farm the Vex for as long as you want before going back to collect your rewards. I guess they don't "sense" you up there and will spawn away. Loot ceiling 1.0

Some of the bounties should've been tied to killing unique enemies so it feels like you're hunting down someone. But the closest we get are the same bosses we fought before. ARGH, so close.

You can tell they wanted to experiment more with this if you've ever done the Thorn exotic bounty.

It triggers it's own version of the Summoning Pits, which has it's own unique boss at the end of it that spawns beside Phogoth.

SkylineRKR

The invisible walls in the moon make no sense. There's a large crater in the middle of one area that's inside the normal play area but you still die cuz it's a restricted zone for no reason. We're forced to use the path instead. Why make inner sections of the map restricted?so many guys I played with accidentally jumped in during farming cuz there's no rhyme or reason for that area being a deadly zone.

Guerrilla should fix this. It was also in Shadow Fall.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The bounties neither compliment nor alter the way someone plays the game. They are just annoying and out of the way. It would be nice if there were tiers to the bounties or class specific bounties or faction bounties, but nope. Have fun getting fusion rifle kills. Oh, kill some Fallen majors. Oh... collect tears which basically means just kill people. The only time I've ever enjoyed doing a bounty is when they stacked.

Bounties just like rep should scale

Hey you did the same kill 200 Cosmodrome enemies 10 times, here have a Rare Engram
25 times Legendary
+25 afterwards Legendary
Add in a nice marker like 100 for an Exotic Engram

If you do 200 Cosmodrome enemies 100 times, you deserve that shit

At least leave a progression bar the bottom to let players know, hey keep doing this bounty, something lies at the end of it all
Can even leave huge goals for players to chase after
Kill 50,000-100,000 enemies on a planet, every material of said planet is guaranteed to come in triple

This game really has no goals for players to chase to really stand out
Like on their weekly blog now, they have Guardian of the Week, dude did 25 raids already (killing Atheon 25 times is a huge undertaking)
But what will he get once maybe he reaches 100 or 200, or when players hit those milestones, no cheese or carrot on a stick to keep us going

Raid needs to get patched, there shouldn't be these many broken mechanics/glitches for an end game content
People are investing many fucking hours for good drops, RNG should be there, but not as it's now
Really 1 chest gives me glimmer + 1 spirit bloom...
Finishing Normal and opening all chest (not including the 5th), once you start Hard, only 2 chests are available again, 1 is the Spiritbloom, the other is the remaining 3, one of them will reward you mats

Beating the Templar on Hard should not reward almost the whole team with 3 measly shards/energy
It's like slapping the community in the face by saying here have more roadblocks, we want you here for the long haul, only problem is, sooner rather than later, people will just not do the content or even further their char to do other things

I'm just asking for some goddamn stability in this game, nothing has to be handed, but don't troll by giving the same shit over and over and saying the content is there, you just to have make it your own, because that's bullshit

Mihos

Gold Member
Not having matchmaking on the weekly stuff is just grating on me. It is too easy for schloggin through friends list or message boards for a 10 minute run, and just barely too hard to solo ( I had the priest to @ 5%.....grrrr.)

Even the raid should at least have the option of matchmaking.

When they add matchmaking to weekly stuff they also need to add a vote kick system for all matchmaking systems. If two of the three people vote to kick someone, they are gone. So many AFK people on strikes, especially Devil's Lair if you are trying to run some quick bounties using that strike.

the thing I keepnon reminding myself tho with a game like Destiny is to think of it as an MMO (which it sorta kinda is). and with pretty much all MMOs .. they all start out with like this: tons of issues and tons of things that need to be added. I know this scenerio is pretty different tho being a console based MMO vs others (pc based) so they are much more limited. but still feel like they fan "patch" a lot of these issues. maybe not the experience from 0-20 like was mentioned prior (maybe just speed up leveling) .. but still able to fix many of it.

I've never played an MMO, are the developers typically this condescending and seemingly clueless with their first handful of updates? DeeJ is starting to make Polyphony Digital community interaction looks AAA.

kaiiri

the thing I keepnon reminding myself tho with a game like Destiny is to think of it as an MMO (which it sorta kinda is). and with pretty much all MMOs .. they all start out with like this: tons of issues and tons of things that need to be added. I know this scenerio is pretty different tho being a console based MMO vs others (pc based) so they are much more limited. but still feel like they fan "patch" a lot of these issues. maybe not the experience from 0-20 like was mentioned prior (maybe just speed up leveling) .. but still able to fix many of it.

PSYGN

There's way too many head scratchers in this game. Been taking a break from the game and realizing how dull the PvP and PvE experiences were after hitting level 20. And yet, somehow I find myself loading up the game once every few days to do the same bounties. CoD:AW and GTA V can't come soon enough!

Done the Raid (normal and hard), the Nightfall, the Weekly Heroic strike at Level 28, and Iron Banner is useless/broken.

What do I do now?

Start/work on a third character.

I have a level 28 Warlock and a level 27 Hunter. The only legendary armor piece I'm missing for a Titan is helmet (Xur pls) and then I'll be starting one of them.

But keeping up with two characters is tough as it is. Two dailies and two sets of vanguard bounties a day takes some time.

Mrgamer

We need more fun bountys able to speak with people in the tower and being able to communicate we are looking for players to raid or a few missions.Simple things like this would mke the game so much better.
How many times i tune in for daily story solo?
Just being able to go to the tower and ask for guy/gal for a quick mission with ease.Lack of refinement ruins the game.

LiK

There's way too many head scratchers in this game. Been taking a break from the game and realizing how dull the PvP and PvE experiences were after hitting level 20. And yet, somehow I find myself loading up the game once every few days to do the same bounties. CoD:AW and GTA V can't come soon enough!

I'll still play the game for some of the events for cosmetic stuff and also help people with Raids. There's a few more trophies I want to get like the clan raid trophy. But I'm done with the game until the expansion comes out. I have 4 games I need to play that came out in the past 2 weeks. They've been neglected for far too long.

Raid needs to get patched, there shouldn't be these many broken mechanics/glitches for an end game content
People are investing many fucking hours for good drops, RNG should be there, but not as it's now
Finishing Normal and opening all chest (not including the 5th), once you start Hard, only 2 chests are available again, 1 is the Spiritbloom, the other is the remaining 3, one of them will reward you mats

Beating the Templar on Hard should not reward almost the whole team with 3 measly shards/energy
It's like slapping the community in the face by saying here have more roadblocks, we want you here for the long haul, only problem is, sooner rather than later, people will just not do the content or even further their char to do other things

Even on normal difficulty, the rolls should be better. Seriously, getting a Chatterwhite shader for the third time and 3 ascendant energy it's not a good reward for defeating Atheon.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
WHY IS NOBODY GOING FOR THE FUCKING FLAGS IN IRON BANNER? FUCKING WHY!?

Gotta get the K/D ratio at 0.3 or 0.7 and hoping you get Legendary gear out of it

Seriously I think the community at large is really souring the PvP experience
Good players do well, work their ass off, teamwork, get jack shit
Dude gives controller to his kid, comes back has earned 4 Legendaries

rdrr gnr

Idiots with bounties.
Idiotic bounties*
Gotta get the K/D ratio at 0.3 or 0.7 and hoping you get Legendary gear out of it

Like the one for completing a strike without dying. Or not getting Iron Banner rep for losing. It's like, holy shit, you're a designer. It's literally your fucking job to think about design decisions in a logical manner. Can you blame someone for playing or acting in a certain manner when the game blatantly encourages them to?

I got a choice of two exotic bounties, both of which I've already done (one of them twice already). And I only got two because I'm already doing Bad Juju. Why?!

Spineker

Banned

Seriously, it's a fucking joke.

Even on normal difficulty, the rolls should be better. Seriously, getting a Chatterwhite shader for the third time and 3 ascendant energy it's not a good reward for defeating Atheon.

Bugie really needs to fix the rewards for the raid! It's simply innexcusable for someone to finishe the raid on any mode and get no shader, no weapons, no armor and only shards, energy etc. We had two that got pretty much shit and others landing exotics and loads of armor and weapons along with Chatterwhite.

Repeats of the same items on multiple runs is crazy as well. Fix this Bungie.

Namikaze1

Done the Raid (normal and hard), the Nightfall, the Weekly Heroic strike at Level 28, and Iron Banner is useless/broken.

What do I do now?
Play another game? I'm doing the daily everyday till reset and that's it. The rest of the time will be spent in Mordor. Destiny has pulled me away for the last time from that game. I really need to beat it soon.

cjp

Is it possible to get past 24 (and three quarters) with just upgraded blue/rare gear? It seems I'm topping out at 15 light per piece now.

If not, I guess I'll just have to spend those Vanguard and Crucible marks.

SkylineRKR

Is it possible to get past 24 (and three quarters) with just upgraded blue/rare gear? It seems I'm topping out at 15 light per piece now.

You're at the max.

E92 M3

I got to 26 with rares I believe and maybe one exotic.

Bounties just like rep should scale

Hey you did the same kill 200 Cosmodrome enemies 10 times, here have a Rare Engram
25 times Legendary
+25 afterwards Legendary
Add in a nice marker like 100 for an Exotic Engram

If you do 200 Cosmodrome enemies 100 times, you deserve that shit

At least leave a progression bar the bottom to let players know, hey keep doing this bounty, something lies at the end of it all
Can even leave huge goals for players to chase after
Kill 50,000-100,000 enemies on a planet, every material of said planet is guaranteed to come in triple

This game really has no goals for players to chase to really stand out
Like on their weekly blog now, they have Guardian of the Week, dude did 25 raids already (killing Atheon 25 times is a huge undertaking)
But what will he get once maybe he reaches 100 or 200, or when players hit those milestones, no cheese or carrot on a stick to keep us going

I'm just asking for some goddamn stability in this game, nothing has to be handed, but don't troll by giving the same shit over and over and saying the content is there, you just to have make it your own, because that's bullshit
The weird thing is they kind of do this with the Grimoire cards, but I'm not really noticing it. Like I have the "Extra materials drop from material nodes in this destination." for Earth unlocked (as does probably everyone who used the loot cave RIP), but I have yet to get more than one out of any Spinmetal node since.

Considering how tacked on the Grimoire is and how you can't even check that shit without going to the site, I'm not surprised few people are aware of it though. Even though I was doing it from day one, it took me a while before I realized there were actually any tangible rewards connected to them since Bungie has never advertised it either.

MADGAME

Is anyone not already in a Raid group or looking to form another group for their alts interested in forming a regular group? I have a primary group I run with on Tuesdays but looking for a second regular weekly PSN group. Looking to play evenings/weekends US Central time

29 Titan

Spineker

Banned
Honestly, I am astonished at how badly Bungie fucked up the loot system in this game. Even post patch, it's still shit. It is so unlike them to not think about this simple stuff. You can literally idle your way to rewards in PvP. That is just ridiculous.

They had the thought in their heads that not getting rewarded for average to shit performances would turn the more casual players off, and that is such a bullshit position to have and reeks of interference from Activision.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is anyone not already in a Raid group or looking to form another group for their alts interested in forming a regular group? I have a primary group I run with on Tuesdays but looking for a second regular weekly PSN group. Looking to play evenings/weekends US Central time

29 Titan

I'd actually sign up for another weekly raid group. Already in one on my main (<3) but my alts need some love too. It's nice having a regular group.

In a game so pathetically strapped for content, you think they would at least try to thicken the veneer by having a bounty pool of 100's of different possible bounties. I have never seen a cabal bounty, I always get the kill hive or fallen majors/ultra ones. If most of the bounties are just glorified stat tracking, why would they not implement dozens of more simple variations? Grenade kills? Nope, why bother. Class specific bounties that smart roll for your current class? Nope. How about bounties that might encourage something fun or off the beaten path. Kill Dick Nuts, the world's loneliest Shank, and put the fucker way off somewhere in the map so it becomes a hunt, but without the giant icon over his head. I fear so much stuff is intentionally being held back to bolster the DLC offerings.

So many design choices in this game seem to be anti-fun. They are so up their own asses about all this "become legend" and, "every exotic weapons has a story" bullshit. The tone of the community updates are cringe worthy. Guess what, all that hype shit and grandious language worked before the game launched, but the curtain has been pulled back, no one is fooled anymore. How about not treating your game like we are actually joining the military and focus on making it fun and rewarding for players? Iron Banner has become the cherry on top of how worthless and arbitrary gear and player stats are. I lose health from lvl 8 Dregs @27 with ~1200 defense, the exact same way I did at lvl 8 with ~200 defense or so. What is the point? Nothing has ever been explained about attack numbers and impact. The Light system is garbage. If the DLC is just some missions and strikes, and doesn't include major overhauls like RoS with D3, then what the fuck is the point? Replay slightly more missions/strikes to progress a minuscule amount in a completely joyless grind?

cjp

You're at the max.

I got to 26 with rares I believe and maybe one exotic.

15 X 4 is 60, not 76

I don't have the light levels memorized.

You need at least 1 purple along with a fully upgraded exotic to get to 26

Thanks guys. I guess it's time to spend those hard earned marks then. There's no point saving them for anything else, is there?

Does Xur just want Strange Coins and Motes of Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom