• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCatalyst

Neo Member
Dear Bungie,

Could we get a second loadout at the touch of a button?

We have a touchpad, i would like to be able to swipe left to switch from Striker to Defender, including a gear change.

I'd also like to swipe right for just a gear-loadout change.

Having to unequip my exotic heavy, before being able to equip my exotic main, is kinda annoying.

Since this is on more than PS4, how about the directional buttons. One press for the gestures, two presses for the loadout shift. I would personally love the touchpad, but this makes it a bit easier for all consoles.

Arken2121

Dissappointed iron banner doesnt provide lvl 30 gear or the pvp equivalent. Bungie should really look into makong pvp gear best at pvp and pve gear 2nd best at pvp. Otherwise why bother its raid or die.

I was discussing this with a fellow gaffer last night and I think we both came to the same consensus. However, if you're able to obtain such gear with relative ease compared to raiding, it almost defeats the purpose of tackling harder content.

MechDX

A small tip for those doing the Nightfall and Weekly -- allow time for the Fallen vs. Vex battles to play out and they'll whittle each other down to a few enemies.

These battles happen 3 times I think throughout this strike, no sense in wasting ammo otherwise if they'll kill 50% of each other.

When they kill each other do they drop items?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One Legendary and all energies from Nightfall.

But yeah, 1 for 8 is craaaaazy.

Regarding being at a disadvantage, my point was if I cannot level up, I cannot tackle higher difficulty sessions to challenge myself such as hard raid.

Still my point was, it seems abundantly clear that everyone IS lucky in a sense, it's just that they are more inclined to specific items that others are not. I just can't see how that boils to chance considering that, in theory, most of everything rewarded to us has a practical use in the game. If the rates are as terrible as you say, there is NO way I am rolling a legendary for Rahool's first 10 level ups. That's contradicting. Hence my confusion. Which is it? (/rhetorical). Are the drop rates terrible or not? Or is mutually exclusive items an issue?

I am not unlucky for getting lots of energies that someone else isn't getting, I am unlucky because I am not getting the shards they are and on a very consistent basis and vice versa.
Ah dude. Are you familiar with the "gambler's fallacy"?

This premise:
If the rates are as terrible as you say, there is NO way I am rolling a legendary for Rahool's first 10 level ups. That's contradicting.
Is where you're going completely wrong. There's no "cumulative probability." It's an individual roll, each time. If anything, I'd say your luck is neither bad nor good, but average across the board. You did waaaaaaaay better than me with Master Rahool's Fancy Packages, but I've gotten about half shards half energies from dailies and public events and the raid loot rolls.
Which is it? (/rhetorical). Are the drop rates terrible or not? Or is mutually exclusive items an issue?
They are terrible, except for:
  • The Daily and Daily Public event mail; 50% chance energies, 50% shards (maybe the latter can give you Strange Coins/Motes too, can't remember)
  • Nightfall (assuming no weighting);
    • 20% energies
    • 20% shards
    • 20% Strange Coins
    • 20% Legendary/Legendary engram
    • 20% Exotic
From a Nightfall, you got a legendary. That means that clearly you are not experiencing any kind of "energies only" roll lock from content that provides them. Why you would conclude anything other than bad luck from your other results is confusing to me, just like you're confused about what's happening to you. It's like you're only considering your individual experience as representative, when you're only one data point. The idea that Bungie, for some reason, would set individual loot tables for rolls on the per-character level, as though this would be in some way preferable either from a server-talk perspective or a gameplay perspective is really far-fetched to me, and until I see some kind of conclusive evidence (your anecdote, for example, has already shown you can roll successfully for something other than energy) I will have to believe my current understanding.

As far as the disadvantage point: it blows that you aren't getting the shards you need. Sincerely, that sucks. I hope your luck turns around soon. Until then, since the hard more raid is a priority for you, I recommend buying a chest, gauntlet or boots from vanguard and crucible/faction each week to dismantle, and you can still get to 29 without RNG.
I think that what you're not really accepting is that chance isn't really a guarantee. If I flip a quarter 100 times, chances are that it will land on heads somewhere close to 50% of the time. However, that doesn't mean that it's not possible for it to land on head 75% of the time or more. It's much more likely to be close to 50% but any percentage is still a possibility.

You've gotten less Legendary Engrams from Rahool Post-patch than Pre-patch. I've gotten more Legendary Engrams from Rahool Post-patch than Pre-patch. All these streaks mean is that Destiny calculates each dice roll individually, rather than keeping track of each players overall percentage and choosing drops to keep the results "balanced."
this exactly.

This game is just getting to be way to overly frustrating. My gaming time is limited and once MCC hits, Destiny is done. I was dumb enough to get the season pass, so I will play that content because, hell, I paid for it.
Is it impossible to get your money back for the season pass? This sounds like a terrible position to be in :(

dengatron

Or... You know, to get the mythoclast and the other weapons? Raid on hard is perfectly doable with 29s.
Dont think you actually read what i wrote. I even said 29 is easily doable so unless you just want an easier time doing hard weekly to farm the hard items you dont really need 30.

dat title

brilliant!

In game related news, I've lost all motivation now I've hit lv26 and still not had a Legendary weapon drop in 20 hours since reaching it.
Waiting for drops, outside of raid gear, is a waste of time. Look to the tower venders and buy the gear you need.

Pe0wGvA.gif

A_Gorilla

Banned
Is there even a point for me to do Iron Banner besides getting the shaders? I'm already level 28 and it looks like the new armor wont let you reach 30 so I guess by this point I should preparing for the raid or something...

I'll add you, catfax. We can actually play on the same side for PvP this time. :D

I tried so hard to win those matches. xD "Another member of DestinyGAF is on the other team. I have to win."

Stardust is pretty cool too, but the Vaudevillians are the future.

RedFury

Does using IB emblem net you more rep? I want the hammer so bad.
Edit: hmm I probably should have worded that differently, lol whatever.

Evil Beaver

Wait for Osiris Trials then. RNG in the crucible where you can finish last and have random people who do awful hitting 30 would be fucking stupid.

Trials of Osiris???...

“Trials of Osiris (Skirmish): 3v3. You have caught the eye of Osiris. Venture to Mercury and prove yourself as one of the Crucible’s elite. Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris, for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come. A string of victories will earn great rewards – but lose three times and you’re out.”

With my luck I'll never get in, or I'll be too afraid to under-perform and disappoint my team mates that I'll never want to even try. Just like VoG.

FrankT

No. It should be extremely hard to reach 30. I'm 29 and it has gone way too fast.

3 hours down? Please Bungie...

Well I'm dropping the game because I have nothing to do otherwise. What is the point raiding every week for shards. No thanks.

Never go full Season Pass

Qhf7HPu.jpg

I agree with you. I'll admit that i did buy the season pass day one though. I felt like buying the $100 version was worth it. I looked at lit like this: Base game $60 + Season pass $35 + $5 extra to get a nice steelbook, big case, and the art book.

Buying the season pass is always risky though. I'd generally advise against it.

damn, i had 10 missions to do from the sexy queen. thats like 20 ass shards(or 7 chests and 3 helms) before patch (without including the others a i finished for shits and giggles)

It's funny how people here think they need to be level 29 to do IB
Guys, in terms of gear, I think we are way, way, WAY above the average people. Just because people here are 27-30 doesn't mean that it's the accepted norm

I've pretty much only come across people 27-30 with the odd under-levelled person.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hell yeah, can't wait for that. Actually I'd preder Armor of Light for Control rather than Weapons of Light, tbqh.
I wish I understood the difference between Armor of Light's reduction and the oversheidl from Blessing of Light. This is a time when raw numbers would come in handy because I have no way to know what a titan inside his bubble is running.

Insaniac

Could someone tell me a good way to play as a Sunsinger in PVP, or should I just switch to voidwalker? I always get killed immediately when I revive, and I don't get any insta-kill ability.

edit: I have the exotic that heals me when I use my super, but the healing is piss poor and even when combined with the shield bonus, I get killed during the super animation

I wish I understood the difference between Armor of Light's reduction and the oversheidl from Blessing of Light. This is a time when raw numbers would come in handy because I have no way to know what a titan inside his bubble is running.
In Brief:
Armor Of Light makes you damn, damn, DAMN near invincible in PvE
Only thing that gets through it in PvP is Bladedancer
Like, think maybe 4x Overshield given by Blessing for the Armor of Light

Deku Tree

Why is Iron Banner only one week? Are they going to give us one week of totally balanced PvP too (no advantages at all)?

Trials of Osiris???...

With my luck I'll never get in, or I'll be too afraid to under-perform and disappoint my team mates that I'll never want to even try. Just like VoG.

Entrance will presumably be gained through purchase. Either with Strange Coins or Mote's of Light. It may also be possible to earn entrance "tickets" randomly through other PvP modes.

sev·er·al
ˈsev(ə)rəl/Submit
determiner & pronoun
more than two but not many.
"the author of several books"
synonyms: some, a number of, a few; More

deoee

People who still play this are pretty desperate, aren't they? Dunno but grinding so much is atrocious, I haven't touched the game for weeks, one of the most disappointing new IPs of all-time right after Diablo 3. But I'm not sure they will be able to make it better with patches, the base game had too much shit, you can repair it but the foundation is still broken.

I'm a bit surprised there's still people interested in a game that has everything worthwhile blocked behind stupid grinding and repetitive maps / bullet sponges / uninteresting objectives. But I guess some people are trying to get their value back by investing numerous hours into a lifeless grind full of clichés and bad sci-fi.

So what would you suggest to play? <3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Could someone tell me a good way to play as a Sunsinger in PVP, or should I just switch to voidwalker? I always get killed immediately when I revive, and I don't get any insta-kill ability.
You do. Scorch is an insta-kill in Radiance. Here are my tips, solely as someone who has died to them many times and done my research.
In Brief:
Armor Of Light makes you damn, damn, DAMN near invincible in PvE
Only thing that gets through it in PvP is Bladedancer
Like, think maybe 4x Overshield given by Blessing for the Armor of Light
Thanks. So the Blessing oversheild in PvP is less resistant to Arc Blade, right?

Blessing of Light just gives you an extra shield, Armor of Light gives you a major damage reduction while inside the shield. I prefer AoL because it gives me a chance against Bladedancers and shotgunners, I love meleeing the hell out of those fools. And winning against them is a great feeling, especially when capturing a Control point. With Helm of Saint-14 blinding anyone who enters, it's sooooo good.

ryuken-d

Dear Bungie,

Could we get a second loadout at the touch of a button?

We have a touchpad, i would like to be able to swipe left to switch from Striker to Defender, including a gear change.

I'd also like to swipe right for just a gear-loadout change.

Having to unequip my exotic heavy, before being able to equip my exotic main, is kinda annoying.

this is an amazing idea, do it bungie!!!! also sorry xbox owners no touch pad/button for you. but I'm sure you have something they could use right??

Arken2121

I almost always run Armor of Light while playing Control in the Crucible. I've honestly held a point against multiple enemies while boxxing. The damage reduction is huge, enough to stand toe-to-toe against a bladedancer's Arcblade and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom