• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arken2121

Which makes IB infinitely easier since you can play forever. You only got so many chances at the Queen's stuff.

IB is the FAR easier grind just due to it only depending on how much time you have.

Sush, Lord Two Words has decreed you don't exist.

Hahaha so true. My remote says hi by the way!

cakely

I want to ask one more time and I apologize profusely to (Night Angel, I believe) who provided me a response. I just want to get clarification so I can use my time and resources efficiently.

I have a fully upgraded exotic helm at Light 30.

I have legendary for remaining gear (one chest, gauntlet and boot) at Light 23. They each need two last defense upgrades for a total of 48 shards.

If I fully upgrade these, can I get to 29 or is it best to save my shards for Raid Gear?

Thanks in advance.

You will get to 29 if you upgrade your 3 remaining legendary pieces with ascendant shards. Each will give 27 light when fully upgraded for 30 + 27 + 27 + 27 = 111 light. You only need 109 light to hit 29, so one piece you'll probably be able to skip an upgrade on, and that will save you six shards.

KEEP IN MIND if you ever want to get to 30 you're going to need to replace those three legendary pieces with raid legendary pieces, so all the shards you put in them will be "wasted". It's up to you if it's worth spending the shards to get to 29 or if you want to wait at 28, get your raid gear and then upgrade all the way to 30.

wbarreda

Time to post final thoughts while the servers are currently down!

Bounties
-----
-They need to greatly diversify Bounties; the insane amount of repeats we're getting is ridiculous. If you're going to keep throwing Fallen headshot kills at us, why not at least mix it up with Cabal or Vex headshots? Why not have both PvE and PvP Bounties for kills with weapons that we haven't seen yet (ex. X # of kills with Shotguns in PvE). They've immediately fallen into the shitshow that Halo Reach Daily Challenges were that drove me up the wall with constant repeats, and it's especially bad here since the breadth of possibilities here is way greater than it was in Reach. My crew already has running jokes about the factory making Sepkis Primes.

The need to add a section for bounties that require level 20 to obtain ... so they can make harder bounties for people that are further along in the game.

SkylineRKR

Well VoG is very doable on 28. If you get an exotic helm you're better off saving shards and pour it into Raid gear for 30.

Just unlocked my Starless Night in the Helm of Saint 14. Here's hoping people still haven't smartened up yet.

ALL OF THIS. Seriously, the game needs this. I don't know how big of an impact it would have on PvP as far as on the fly class switching goes, but Loadouts are sorely needed.

Yeah I could do without the gestures, such a waste.

They can still be in, but accessed in a different way. Via Touchpad/select or something.

Obscured

Never go full Season Pass

Qhf7HPu.jpg

Ha, this is awesome. I'm not sure which game it was (and actually any game I've bought a season pass for I've gotten my money's worth out of it), but sometime last year I came to the realization I will never pre-buy a season pass, from now on I will always wait until it is clear what I am getting.

Is it even worth going into Iron Banner if you aren't a 30 rocking an exotic weapon?

Gaf!
How is Iron Banner?
Also, dang OT7 I never got anywhere on the Wall Of Shame for OT6

We'll tell you when the servers return :p

I personally won't enter it until maybe the next time it's available. Only 27 and don't think my SUROS alone is going to cut it. Shotguns are shit (working on Invective bounty), and my other Legendaries aren't going to make much of a dent. Might get lucky against some really unprepared teams, but not holding my breath.

So i take it that legendary iron banner heavy machine gun is no longer purchasable at iron banner rank 3 like it was in the beta?

Hopefully you can still get the iron banner hand canon as a random award for playing matches
Had 2 of them in the beta and that is still the only thing im pissed didnt carry over from the beta

uh it was there this morning

NastyBook

You can use it offensively as well. Jump into a group, lay that shit down and let the hilarity commence. You can't smarten up to that shit. It's a weapon.

Also, if we're talking PvE, those dudes most certainly haven't smartened up.
Yeah, I used it last night on the Cosmodrome Queen's Kill mission and couldn't stop giggling as I punched my way to victory.

Ha, this is awesome. I'm not sure which game it was (and actually any game I've bought a season pass for I've gotten my money's worth out of it), but sometime last year I came to the realization I will never pre-buy a season pass, from now on I will always wait until it is clear what I am getting.

Is it even worth going into Iron Banner if you aren't a 30 rocking an exotic weapon?

29 is fine. Exotics are needed unless there's a maxed legendary

Marvel

could never
I have a fully upgraded suros so I guess my 28 Titan defender shouldn't have too many troubles in the Iron Banner.

Swag

Whats the highest level enemies on Hard VoG? 29 or 30?

If I'm 29, do I have any reason to want to be 30?
30, and you want to be 30 to make the VoG Hard easier, and an easier transition into the content for the first DLC, but everything in the game right now is do-able at 29

dengatron

Whats the highest level enemies on Hard VoG? 29 or 30?

If I'm 29, do I have any reason to want to be 30?
30 and so you do full damage and dont get shit on by the 30 monsters in the raid. Its doable by 29s for sure but if youre not doing hard mode weekly there is no reason for being 30 other than to stroke your ego.

It's funny how people here think they need to be level 29 to do IB
Guys, in terms of gear, I think we are way, way, WAY above the average people. Just because people here are 27-30 doesn't mean that it's the accepted norm

I hoped so too. Besides looking like I belong to Guardian Greenpeace I don't have much of an incentive to grind for gear.

Wait for Osiris Trials then. RNG in the crucible where you can finish last and have random people who do awful hitting 30 would be fucking stupid.

gatti-man

Dissappointed iron banner doesnt provide lvl 30 gear or the pvp equivalent. Bungie should really look into makong pvp gear best at pvp and pve gear 2nd best at pvp. Otherwise why bother its raid or die.

30 and so you do full damage and dont get shit on by the 30 monsters in the raid. Its doable by 29s for sure but if youre not doing hard mode weekly there is no reason for being 30 other than to stroke your ego.

Or... You know, to get the mythoclast and the other weapons? Raid on hard is perfectly doable with 29s.

Played one Iron Banner match this morning-- didn't notice too much of a difference in play actually though I don't play much PVP so I might not be attuned to the nuances of it all.

Sullichin

Guys, in terms of gear, I think we are way, way, WAY above the average people. Just because people here are 27-30 doesn't mean that it's the accepted norm

Yeah I was only able to get in 3 games before the servers went down but most people were not above level 27.

X-Frame

A small tip for those doing the Nightfall and Weekly -- allow time for the Fallen vs. Vex battles to play out and they'll whittle each other down to a few enemies.

These battles happen 3 times I think throughout this strike, no sense in wasting ammo otherwise if they'll kill 50% of each other.

Bizazedo

Yeah I was only able to get in 3 games before the servers went down but most people were not above level 27.

I got 5 games in before it went down. I saw maybe two guys below 27, they were 26 and 25.

Dart

I can't get on servers ugh I thought the update was suppose to fix this!?

/s seriously though, how much is "several hours" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom