• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Splinter

Just googled "Destiny stinkbug" out of boredom, so much misinformation...

Speaking of misinformation:
Damn. All this time I didn't know you could switch from heavy weapon to special by double-tapping Triangle.
Hold triangle for heavy, double tap just resets your current gun (or "reload cancel", if you are 1337 supa pro, like me)

They need to provide more options to 30 plain and simple.

i agree, the raid reward system needs a lot of work. going a whole raid with nothing but shards is disappointing, especially since you can dismantle unwanted gear or weapons and get the same amount. and then you're out of the system for a week, unless you want to level up an alt...

hopefully trials of osiris offers a pvp equivalent for reaching 30.

Sabotage

For my lunch break from work I usually come home and quickly do the Daily Chapter... but Bungie decided to do maintenance in the middle of the day :(

Server downtime reference

Doooooooo the math

family-guy-Ostrich-ahaa-ahhaha-laughing-1357207823p.gif

kgb_abc

Neo Member
Looking to do weekly strike and/or nightfall this evening around 830-9 EST...Message me if interested

PSN ----> kgb_psu

So what would you suggest to play? <3

I know I'll be switching back and forth between the two, especially if the replayability holds up anywhere near as well as RE4. Played that game 14-15 times on the Gamecube and may do yet another run soon.

But who knows what will happen when that Raid cherry is popped.

RedFury

As someone who mains a Titan, know that there is no shame in doing this. I do it myself. Esepcially if they're rocking the high defense within the WoD. Only people with Supers on deck can fuck with a DT at this point.
Not true using a warlock with force blast(push back) also work wonders. "Come get sum...wtf?! Noooo!"

FrankT

i agree, the raid reward system needs a lot of work. going a whole raid with nothing but shards is disappointing, especially since you can dismantle unwanted gear or weapons and get the same amount. and then you're out of the system for a week, unless you want to level up an alt...

hopefully trials of osiris offers a pvp equivalent for reaching 30.

Yes, exactly if I'm not progressing what is the point in the time put in. There isn't any.

That is the difference between this and Diablo. You can always progress.

nowai

Could someone tell me a good way to play as a Sunsinger in PVP, or should I just switch to voidwalker? I always get killed immediately when I revive, and I don't get any insta-kill ability.

edit: I have the exotic that heals me when I use my super, but the healing is piss poor and even when combined with the shield bonus, I get killed during the super animation

Use armor instead of self res. In most cases you never want to res in the situation that killed you in the first place.

What content. VoG and Queens Missions. Ok

Then don't fucking play RNG games if you're going to complain about drops, man. Every RNG is like this. Go play PSO and tell me this game's RNG isn't fair. Try a 1/8000 drop from an enemy that has a 1/215 chance of appearing in BB. Come on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Blessing of Light just gives you an extra shield, Armor of Light gives you a major damage reduction while inside the shield. I prefer AoL because it gives me a chance against Bladedancers and shotgunners, I love meleeing the hell out of those fools. And winning against them is a great feeling, especially when capturing a Control point. With Helm of Saint-14 blinding anyone who enters, it's sooooo good.
I almost always run Armor of Light while playing Control in the Crucible. I've honestly held a point against multiple enemies while boxxing. The damage reduction is huge, enough to stand toe-to-toe against a bladedancer's Arcblade and win.
Okay, that's what I've experienced then. I recommend all Defenders in the Crucible run AoL, plus Force Barrier melee. I had one survive three arc blade strikes, then kill me with melee, allowing him to run out with the overshield and kill two more. Now when I see a purple bubble I run. I tried going in again last night because there was another of my team inside and I thought I could use Arc Blade to great effect; I killed the Titan but not before he killed both the teammate and then me at the same time as my last strike. Bladedancers who feel more confident getting in there are welcome to do it, I will be staying away. Easier targets are everywhere.

NastyBook

I tried so hard to win those matches. xD "Another member of DestinyGAF is on the other team. I have to win."
lol I had the same thought after you killed me for the first time and I saw your tag. Switched up to my Auto Rifle shortly after.

Stardust is pretty cool too, but the Vaudevillians are the future.
Good. The sooner they get the tap for RAW, the sooner the Rhodes brothers can go back to being faces.

I want to know this too. 1 week? We are barely just putting in the tip.

Iron Banner was, during the Beta, touted as an example of the temporary events that Bungie will run that will have one-time only rewards. If they stick to that policy, then the next time Iron Banner comes around, it should award different gear at the very least.

Yes, exactly if I'm not progressing what is the point in the time put in. There isn't any.

That is the difference between this and Diablo. You can always progress.

mhmm, every MMO i've played worked like that too. even if you were grinding, you were still making progress. Destiny says "Nope! Come back next week"

Is the kind of thing i expect from a F2P game, not something with paid DLC

Well I'm dropping the game because I have nothing to do otherwise. What is the point raiding every week for shards. No thanks.

fun? If you aren't having fun for sure let it go man. I am having a blast running strikes with buddies and doing daily stuff and playing some PVP here and there.

Nodnol

This Double-Tap Triangle/Y to pull out Heavy thing...

I've been reload canceling since day one (force of habit) and I've never had it happen. I'll experiment when the games back up, but 100% reload canceling is effective, so I wonder if it only works if you're not in the middle of a reload?

FrankT

Then don't fucking play RNG games if you're going to complain about drops, man. Every RNG is like this. Go play PSO and tell me this game's RNG isn't fair. Try a 1/8000 drop from an enemy that has a 1/215 chance of appearing in BB. Come on.

Give me a break. I can continue progress on Diablo no problem. This games shards for weeks and weeks. Real fun brother.

it seems im gonna play tit defender for the first time since this game released, im glad i maxed this perk last week and i have my saints helm maxed since yesterday

Hoodbury

Well I'm dropping the game because I have nothing to do otherwise. What is the point raiding every week for shards. No thanks.

Don't let the shard hit you on the ass on your way out.

Ha, just kidding, nothing personal just thought that line would be perfect.

Okay, that's what I've experienced then. I recommend all Defenders in the Crucible run AoL, plus Force Barrier melee. I had one survive three arc blade strikes, then kill me with melee, allowing him to run out with the overshield and kill two more. Now when I see a purple bubble I run. I tried going in again last night because there was another of my team inside and I thought I could use Arc Blade to great effect; I killed the Titan but not before he killed both the teammate and then me at the same time as my last strike. Bladedancers who feel more confident getting in there are welcome to do it, I will be staying away. Easier targets are everywhere.

Gunslingers and Strikers are the best Anti-Defenders tbh. Especially if the Gunslinger has the Symbiote helm leveled. 2 shots from GG destroys any bubble and the Symbiote helm grants an extra GG shot.

MADGAME

Anyone who is familiar with the classes would be cautious or avoid going into a Titan Defender bubble while opposition is inside, so what do you think of this tactic? Just theory as I have not tried it so feel free to poke holes in it.

Titan puts up Ward of Dawn shield (maybe over a control point or choke point in the map), then goes ADS with Patience and Time to go invisible. Then the spider waits for the fly.

Arken2121

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. This is especially true if the Titan is alone and most likely has a full shield. You will lose this battle. Now outside of control, i'll probably run Weapons of Light for more team support.

dengatron

mhmm, every MMO i've played worked like that too. even if you were grinding, you were still making progress. Destiny says "Nope! Come back next week"

Is the kind of thing i expect from a F2P game, not something with paid DLC
Clearly you didnt play an mmo up to and including wow then. Or at least not before wrath

And to people comparing this to diablo, theyre completely different styles of games and you still get soft gear ceilings in Diablo which make each individual upgrade take significantly more time than the last. I wish i got a single upgrade per week on the only character i want to play in diablo. So what if you get shards one week in a raid? Do you have 3 of the same class and do it 3 times a week and only get shards? You talk about grinding in diablo and putting the time in but its just as easy to delete and relevel an alt and at 20 put your banked gear on and redo the raid. 10 times a week if you want. No one is stopping you from grinding.

Carl

Dear Bungie,

Could we get a second loadout at the touch of a button?

We have a touchpad, i would like to be able to swipe left to switch from Striker to Defender, including a gear change.

I'd also like to swipe right for just a gear-loadout change.

Having to unequip my exotic heavy, before being able to equip my exotic main, is kinda annoying.

This would be great

Swag

I find it really disappointing that most of the strategies used to beat VoG Hard involve cheesing the encounters and avoiding the mechanics, really takes the fun out of it, and it's seemingly impossibly to do the fights using normal strategies as nearly everything is pretty much a one shot.

Ordinator

There's something tempting about a Titan in his bubble, staring at me. It makes me want to pop Arc Blade and shut him down. I really should learn not to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom