• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thread title should've been "Hawkian |OT7| Destiny".
lol missed this. uh oh :p is it time to cut back on posting?
oh man, I got that sniper! its amazing. also I dont remember how I got it. I did not buy it, I know that.
It's a unique reward from Queen's kill missions. no one that doesn't have it can get it at all for the the time being. Congrats!

Give me a break. I can continue progress on Diablo no problem. This games shards for weeks and weeks. Real fun brother.

Again, RNG. Ive been getting plenty of stuff. Go to diablo then. That's your call. Or start another character like I did. Then run it more than once.

Anyone who is familiar with the classes would be cautious or avoid going into a Titan Defender bubble while opposition is inside, so what do you think of this tactic? Just theory as I have not tried it so feel free to poke holes in it.

Titan puts up Ward of Dawn shield (maybe over a control point or choke point in the map), then goes ADS with Patience and Time to go invisible. Then the spider waits for the fly.

What determines the duration of the bubble? Does it absorb X amount of damage?

Yesterday 2 teammates and I ran around a corner to defend a point and saw a bubble and I noped back around the corner. I kept the edge of the bubble in sight, but not the titan. Saw the bubble disappear a couple seconds later, so I run in and my 2 teammates were dead, and I killed the titan.

Anyone who is familiar with the classes would be cautious or avoid going into a Titan Defender bubble while opposition is inside, so what do you think of this tactic? Just theory as I have not tried it so feel free to poke holes in it.

Titan puts up Ward of Dawn shield (maybe over a control point or choke point in the map), then goes ADS with Patience and Time to go invisible. Then the spider waits for the fly.

Seems like a decent novelty kill trap but overall not to effective. Invisible players are still visible and will be spotted by most people with a good amount of PvP experience.

I find it really disappointing that most of the strategies used to beat VoG Hard involve cheesing the encounters and avoiding the mechanics, really takes the fun out of it, and it's seemingly impossibly to do the fights using normal strategies as nearly everything is pretty much a one shot.

You're not forced to cheese it. You can still do it the normal way. It's for Level 30s after all.

if you've been on the title screen for a long time it might be wise to restart the game. I had an update in my Notification page that downloaded about an hour ago. regular update, not in-game.

Okay, that's what I've experienced then. I recommend all Defenders in the Crucible run AoL, plus Force Barrier melee. I had one survive three arc blade strikes, then kill me with melee, allowing him to run out with the overshield and kill two more. Now when I see a purple bubble I run. I tried going in again last night because there was another of my team inside and I thought I could use Arc Blade to great effect; I killed the Titan but not before he killed both the teammate and then me at the same time as my last strike. Bladedancers who feel more confident getting in there are welcome to do it, I will be staying away. Easier targets are everywhere.

Golden Gun>Titan shields. Use explosive GG rounds even better, dmg his pals who are hiding in there too..

LiK

I learned to stay away from bubbles if they have the Saint-14 helm on. I do love flying into their bubble as a Striker Titan to do my Hulk smash tho.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not to be combative to your points, but are those numbers anecdotes or has Bungie issued a statement suggesting all items have equally weighted chance of showing? Or were you merely framing it that way to illustrate your point? :/

I'm so confused ha ha..
Bungie has CERTAINLY not issued any concrete loot table percentages. I was framing it in terms of equal weighting to illustrate my point (although for the two ascendant materials via the heroic daily I have no clue why anything else than 50% would be applied).

edit: They weren't anecdotal either, though- I just divided 100% by the number of things one can obtain per content completion.

I apologize - A much better way of putting it would be to say that unlike all other loot rolls in the game, those I mentioned (along with the Raid rewards/chests) do not have anything else in them.

Strike playlists, Crucible Matches, Engram drop rolls, engram decrypt rolls, etc. are all such that "% chance of getting the specific item you want" is completely negligible.

I find it really disappointing that most of the strategies used to beat VoG Hard involve cheesing the encounters and avoiding the mechanics, really takes the fun out of it, and it's seemingly impossibly to do the fights using normal strategies as nearly everything is pretty much a one shot.

knocking atheon off of the map is probably a cheese. everything else is making use of the mechanics in the raid. why have all of the platforms around the templar room within jumping distance for example if players weren't meant to get up there?

i like that there is no one way to do the raid. every group i've run with has done something slightly different.

Acrylic7

I learned to stay away from bubbles if they have the Saint-14 helm on. I do love flying into their bubble as a Striker Titan to do my Hulk smash tho.

This happened to me a few times. If I jump out of my bubble while they do the ground pound thing will the blast only kill whats in the bubble or does it penetrate?

can anyone confirm?

MADGAME

What determines the duration of the bubble? Does it absorb X amount of damage?

Yesterday 2 teammates and I ran around a corner to defend a point and saw a bubble and I noped back around the corner. I kept the edge of the bubble in sight, but not the titan. Saw the bubble disappear a couple seconds later, so I run in and my 2 teammates were dead, and I killed the titan.

I believe damage can effect duration, as well as perks in the Defender subclass can extend it.

Seems like a decent novelty kill trap but overall not to effective. Invisible players are still visible and will be spotted by most people with a good amount of PvP experience.
Ah, I thought it was true invisibility, sounds like it works similar to the Stealth Vandals.

Again, RNG. Ive been getting plenty of stuff. Go to diablo then. That's your call. Or start another character like I did. Then run it more than once.

Another character of the same class?

If so you're just showing how broken the loot system is if you need to create the same class to get a decent chance.

I have 3 characters each a separate class because games should be fun and it's a lot more fun to play a new class than the same class a bunch of times a week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's something tempting about a Titan in his bubble, staring at me. It makes me want to pop Arc Blade and shut him down. I really should learn not to bite.
that's what I'm saying. first time I saw it I was like "pfft this guy" and popped the super. I was shortly humbled.
Another character of the same class?

If so you're just showing how broken the loot system is if you need to create the same class to get a decent chance.

I have 3 characters each a separate class because games should be fun and it's a lot more fun to play a new class than the same class a bunch of times a week.
Having alts (either the same or different classes) is a massive boost to the progression potential for your account.

knocking atheon off of the map is probably a cheese. everything else is making use of the mechanics in the raid. why have all of the platforms around the templar room within jumping distance for example if players weren't meant to get up there?

i like that there is no one way to do the raid. every group i've run with has done something slightly different.

This right here. I'm sure bungie is setting up carney holes for us to be take advantage of on purpose. Especially the one above

HunRevan

Wow already OT7?

Nice title. To all you Suros and Fusion Rifle masters out there. My 300 damage Cryptic Dragon and Final Boss is ready for you.

i sometimes cant help myself to jump inside a bubble and try to play punch out against a defender as a striker lol

only where the defender is good i dont try it a second time and just wait for my hulk smash to be ready

Evil Beaver

This happened to me a few times. If I jump out of my bubble while they do the ground pound thing will the blast only kill whats in the bubble or does it penetrate?

can anyone confirm?

It will take down the bubble and kill anything caught in the AoE.

Ah, I thought it was true invisibility, sounds like it works similar to the Stealth Vandals.

Well tbh, I don't think I've come across an player using Patience and Time to stealth.. but I know the Hunter's stealth abilities work exactly like the Stealth Vandals so I'm assuming all forms of Stealth/Invis work the same way.

LiK

i sometimes cant help myself to jump inside a bubble and try to play punch out against a defender as a striker lol

only where the defender is good i dont try it a second time and just wait for my hulk smash to be ready

Super satisfying to smash them in their own bubble. I did that a few times this week.

kgb_abc

Neo Member
FR Sent. 28 Warlock. Would be happy to join for nightfall, 28 weekly, possibly also the 28 daily or any of them.

Got it...maybe me you and Cosmos_Man can team up and take care of both the nightfall and weekly 28 strike tonight....shouldn't take to long to do both

that's what I'm saying. first time I saw it I was like "pfft this guy" and popped the super. I was shortly humbled.

Having alts (either the same or different classes) is a massive boost to the progression potential for your account.

I can agree on different classes. But the same class in all 3 slots is sad. It just shows how broken the game can be that you need to play it 3 times for a decent chance.

Ramirez

I know a few of the cheese things are getting addressed soon, gonna be a good time for people who have been relying on that instead of forming a real strategy.

hydruxo

holy-sht.gif

I...didn't know you could do this.

Hawkian,

Prior to patch, there was a consistent occurance in the reward system. Every time I lveled rahool, I got a legendary. There was never an instance where I did not. Post patch, not once. Looking at my experience from start to finish, this is not indicative of chance.

Additionally, I clean through all weekly and daily activities. The only time I have ever run across a shard was by dismantling and, up until 3 days ago, doing the raid on normal. That's it. Others have shared this exact same experience. So the question therein is why are some experiences consistent across one set of players but not the others? Chance has nothing to do with it. Chance would have netted me a single shard from pve, publics, etc. In 90 hours, I can't have been rolling the same number on the dice.

Yet, I have about 10 legendary items (one boot, gauntlet, chest and rest weapons), 4 exotics, and a whooooooooooole lot of energies. Others have not had the dice rolled in their favor with as many hours as I have put in. It makes no sense, statistically.

Here is the biggest problem: it puts good players at a disadvantage. I was carrying a level 28 and 29 team in a Nightfall last week when I had been stuck at lvl 27 for two weeks. I spent my marks for my gear which I rarely get just so I could scratch by and get to lvl 27 and, subsequently, have a chance to survive nightfall and a raid.

Bungie needs to open up about how this system works and how these variables are calculated.

Pre-patch I got nothing but blues for each Cryptarch level around 28+. Truth. Then I got a purple, once, then back to blues.

I was convinced at the time that Bungie saw the loot cave, the uptick in Cryptarch leveling and decided to nerf the leveling package contents.

Today post patch I get a purple about once every five packages or so.

But to my point, pre-patch legendaries were absolutely not consistent with Cryptarch leveling, and that become a very sudden thing around Cryptarch level 28 or so.

FYI I just level him to 68 yesterday, and am about to get him to 70. Past three levels, I got 2 legendaries.

Lemnisc8

I guess someone has to get shafted by the downtime.

This is when the vast majority of UK/EU will be getting home from work, eager to play the nightfall for the weeks buff.

Stinkbug.

Cheers, Bungie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Golden Gun>Titan shields. Use explosive GG rounds even better, dmg his pals who are hiding in there too..
Golden Gun, Fist of Havoc, and Nova Bomb are all hard counters to Ward. I actually really like the rock->paper->scissors nature of Super usage in the Crucible.

I'm just saying, as a Bladedancer, I'm cool staying away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom