• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

So I'm sitting at 27 waiting for raid gear before I start leveling up more. I have pretty whack luck with guns, the only purp primary I have is some cryptic something scout rifle, which I like and all, but ya know. Is it worth it to buy the Shadow Price with my vanguard points?

Iron Banner is screwed up. There's only so many times I can drag the entire team. God damn randoms suck so much ugh. But when they're on the other team they're all fucking Rambo.

As soon as I quit iron banner and did nornal crucible im really good again -_- (level 29 with Suros)

Thanks guys. I guess it's time to spend those hard earned marks then. There's no point saving them for anything else, is there?

Does Xur just want Strange Coins and Motes of Light?

Yeah they're only good for vendor gear so go ahead and use them

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bungie should have with Iron Banner come out full force and grabbed the gaming media and GAF's attention

I mean infuse some fresh things just to change up the dynamics

Games are going to come out left and right from now on, and little by little those gamers will get chipped away from destiny, rather than keep the community rolling and cycling through stuff, Bungie just getting trounced with each new thing that comes out about it

It's cute when the PR department knows the memes and jokes about the community and why it's frustrated, but rather than work with us and get a solid foundation, they just keep ignoring it

I already feel that the DLC coming, the same place were the Iron Banner and Queen's Wrath bounties were, now will house the Wolve's Den/The Dark Below bounties
Same 18+ bounties put up on a loop =D

I went to the Grimorie section on bungie.net and all that shit should be inside the game
A player should quickly pull up his Rewards page and search what shit is active for them
Not pause the game or stay in orbit, log in, then go see what is closest and soon to be had
Sometimes you can't pay attention while in a huge firefight to what Grimorie Card you unlocked at what Rank
There should be hundreds upon hundreds of cards to collect, almost all the cards fit a linear module fro everyone

Get the Thorn, receive a Grim card, don't have one yet, hope you get it from drop or engram or purchase or get the bounty to get it

By the way Thorn last part a level 26 Summoning Pits, which is intense, gives no rewards to helpers
Don't give me anything, I'm earning an exotic, why the fuck doesn't the helper or helpers get 1-2 blue engrams for participating
We beat the strike, but seriously most just kill the Wizard, and too orbit they go, why deal with the rest, nothing to show or gain from it

MADGAME

I'd actually sign up for another weekly raid group. Already in one on my main (<3) but my alts need some love too. It's nice having a regular group.

I agree, and would prefer a party of Gaffers before looking elsewhere. My PSN is same as GAF, feel free to send friend request and if we get a few more interested we can get this going

Bizazedo

I saw the video, I was like no fucking way
Took my Level 3 Titan into Iron Banner for shits n' giggles, it was fucking true
Get a nice ROF AR and just look for the sweet headshot sway and I jumped 1.5 levels, had a k/d of 1.58
Mind you this is me as a level 3 Titan Defender, with only Grenades unlocked, no jump/super
I had to go old school and run towards objective the long way

I beat level 28+ players, some Warlocks thought I was easy prey, but they must be like how the fuck does a noob kill me with that

It's ridiculous. I can't believe IB turned out this way. That + the no rewards for sticking it out on the losing team....

I mean, I guess you get a chance for the ship and the handcannon, but people don't seem to realize that or don't care. I dunno, how good is the HC from IB?

What's worse is I dunno if I'd like what I want. Gear and levels mattering? If it makes TTK longer for everyone, great! If it makes it shorter?

That would also make it worse than it is!

I dunno, this and Queen's Wrath have been head scratchers. At least Queen's Wrath could claim to have the idea behind gearing up lower levels + the sniper and the ship.....

Watch them announce it as a bug like with the bullet sponge bosses.
I'll be honest, that line still pisses me off. A bug. A bug?

That shit was in Alpha and Beta and complained about and it's a bug?

these are the best lines of dialog in the entire game
All credit to the actor for pulling it off. I feel bad for Nathan Fillion. His Strike intro with the Archon.

Restore the soul? Wait, what? It was in prison, is it dead? Doesn't that mean they can just fix up the body and restore it?

Lorewise....what?!

Even on normal difficulty, the rolls should be better. Seriously, getting a Chatterwhite shader for the third time and 3 ascendant energy it's not a good reward for defeating Atheon.

That's exactly what I got last night for taking down Atheon again with my newfound Wednesday night crew. Shader for the third time and Energy.

I'm used to MMO's, though, so meh.

Idiotic bounties*

Like the one for completing a strike without dying. Or not getting Iron Banner rep for losing. It's like, holy shit, you're a designer. It's literally your fucking job to think about design decisions in a logical manner. Can you blame someone for playing or acting in a certain manner when the game blatantly encourages them to?

It's really mind boggling. I choose to believe they're not incompetent, though, and attribute it to being rushed.

I feel generous saying that, though.

Repeats of the same items on multiple runs is crazy as well. Fix this Bungie.

Gear / weapon wise it can be fine and can be expected for an MMO. I got two raid boots, but they have different stats. One was +STR, one was +DISC.

I am going to dismantle the STR one now that I have the DISC one.

Is it possible to get past 24 (and three quarters) with just upgraded blue/rare gear? It seems I'm topping out at 15 light per piece now.

If not, I guess I'll just have to spend those Vanguard and Crucible marks.

Marks are capped at 200, there's no reason not to burn them.

So I'm sitting at 27 waiting for raid gear before I start leveling up more. I have pretty whack luck with guns, the only purp primary I have is some cryptic something scout rifle, which I like and all, but ya know. Is it worth it to buy the Shadow Price with my vanguard points?

If you're going for Raid, I would suggest pushing to 28. It will make your life a lot easier in there and elsewhere (like Nightfall). I wouldn't bother upgrading to 29 until you get Raid gear though. As for Shadow Price, I say go for it if you don't need any more legendary armor.

RMI

Banned
So I finally hit crucible rank 2 and have marks to spend on the armor but I'm a bit confused about the skills on those armors. Are those locked in per piece or does the selection rotate, i.e. if an armor gives + Pulse Rifle Ammo is that all it will ever have in the store or will it get replaced later with one that has + Scout Rifle or something?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I agree, and would prefer a party of Gaffers before looking elsewhere. My PSN is same as GAF, feel free to send friend request and if we get a few more interested we can get this going

Okay, good, sent you a request.

Meier

Not sure if it has been posted (this OT moves fast!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgCJjNjZl28#t=84

Basically, the video is of a Level 4 dominating the Iron Banner. Bungie are asking for feedback on the balance and how the difference in weapons/armour gear really doesn't mean that much.

Either this level 4 is a phenomenal player, or the 'better' gear means very little.

I played last night for a round and a half and didn't find it very fun. I do quite well in regular crucible matches, but I was completely overmatched when going up against level 29s. This is a fluke more than anything. If anything, I think it proves how imbalanced ARs are in PvP. I always try and use another weapon but it's an exercise in futility. This guy is obviously very skilled as well which makes a difference.

LiK

So I finally hit crucible rank 2 and have marks to spend on the armor but I'm a bit confused about the skills on those armors. Are those locked in per piece or does the selection rotate, i.e. if an armor gives + Pulse Rifle Ammo is that all it will ever have in the store or will it get replaced later with one that has + Scout Rifle or something?

Yea, they change upon refresh.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If you're going for Raid, I would suggest pushing to 28. It will make your life a lot easier in there and elsewhere (like Nightfall). I wouldn't bother upgrading to 29 until you get Raid gear though. As for Shadow Price, I say go for it if you don't need any more legendary armor.

While I understand and usually agree with the notion that it's not needed to push to 29, if you push to 29, you can do hard mode and actually increase your chance of getting raid gear. You'll get a ton of shards anyway.

ERMint13

Bugie really needs to fix the rewards for the raid! It's simply innexcusable for someone to finishe the raid on any mode and get no shader, no weapons, no armor and only shards, energy etc. We had two that got pretty much shit and others landing exotics and loads of armor and weapons along with Chatterwhite.

Repeats of the same items on multiple runs is crazy as well. Fix this Bungie.

All three raid runs and only shards minus the shader. I created an alt so I can run it twice to hopefully get something. It's crazy. First time raiders on my team were getting Suros Regimes and all sorts of armor. I keep getting fucking shards. I have over 40 shards currently and I've already fully upgraded one exotic and a couple of normal legendary armor pieces because I had so many of those damn things.

Zakalwe

Banned
Gotta get the K/D ratio at 0.3 or 0.7 and hoping you get Legendary gear out of it

Seriously I think the community at large is really souring the PvP experience
Good players do well, work their ass off, teamwork, get jack shit
Dude gives controller to his kid, comes back has earned 4 Legendaries

It's random. Players that do badly do not have more chance at rarer gear. You're just focusing on the times it happens because it's human nature to remember the bad over the good.

The random nature of rewards is required. otherwise bad players would have no incentive to play and the best would just get stronger.

You don't get rewarded for skill in pve, you don't in pvp. You play the game because you enjoy it, work toward the guaranteed stuff like faction vender items, and every now and then everyone gets a random drop.

Maybe they're could give the best players some cosmetic stuff like emblems or class items to show off, but not actual game changing gear.

Shito

It's cute when the PR department knows the memes and jokes about the community and why it's frustrated, but rather than work with us and get a solid foundation, they just keep ignoring it
While I agree they still have a lot of work to do, I find it a bit harsh to put it this way: after all, they already adressed the one thing people were massively vocal about, backtracking from their "it's by design, we like it this way!" position.
It's one thing to point and list what are valid complaints, and it's another one to think they can all be adressed in a matter of days.

RMI

Banned
You don't get rewarded for skill in pve, you don't in pvp. You play the game because you enjoy it, work toward the guaranteed stuff like faction vender items, and every now and then everyone gets a random drop.

Maybe you should? It is absolutely bullshit when I come out on top of my team and the dude with the 0.06 K/D ratio scores an exotic for basically spinning around in circles the whole match. You're right that they can't just always reward the best players, but maybe they should weight the rewards in their favor just a little.

While I understand and usually agree with the notion that it's not needed to push to 29, if you push to 29, you can do hard mode and actually increase your chance of getting raid gear. You'll get a ton of shards anyway.

Yeah, that's true. Probably a good idea if you're already sitting on a bunch of ass shards too.

bosseye

Speaking of gear rewards in Iron Banner, last night I did pretty average in one game but you know where it shows the rewards screen with 2 reward slots next to your name which may or may not fill up with something if RNGesus is smiling - I got 4 in one row. Which was weird. The game tacked an extra 2 blank slots onto the end so they were almost off the screen and when I dropped back to orbit I had 4 new items.

All shit items I already had, but still. Never had that before.

Deku Tree

Dear bungee, why do I get chatterwhite shaders in the raid every single week? My teammates keep getting armor and weapons drops… Deku

JB1981

In a game so pathetically strapped for content, you think they would at least try to thicken the veneer by having a bounty pool of 100's of different possible bounties. I have never seen a cabal bounty, I always get the kill hive or fallen majors/ultra ones. If most of the bounties are just glorified stat tracking, why would they not implement dozens of more simple variations? Grenade kills? Nope, why bother. Class specific bounties that smart roll for your current class? Nope. How about bounties that might encourage something fun or off the beaten path. Kill Dick Nuts, the world's loneliest Shank, and put the fucker way off somewhere in the map so it becomes a hunt, but without the giant icon over his head. I fear so much stuff is intentionally being held back to bolster the DLC offerings.

So many design choices in this game seem to be anti-fun. They are so up their own asses about all this "become legend" and, "every exotic weapons has a story" bullshit. The tone of the community updates are cringe worthy. Guess what, all that hype shit and grandious language worked before the game launched, but the curtain has been pulled back, no one is fooled anymore. How about not treating your game like we are actually joining the military and focus on making it fun and rewarding for players? Iron Banner has become the cherry on top of how worthless and arbitrary gear and player stats are. I lose health from lvl 8 Dregs @27 with ~1200 defense, the exact same way I did at lvl 8 with ~200 defense or so. What is the point? Nothing has ever been explained about attack numbers and impact. The Light system is garbage. If the DLC is just some missions and strikes, and doesn't include major overhauls like RoS with D3, then what the fuck is the point? Replay slightly more missions/strikes to progress a minuscule amount in a completely joyless grind?

Yeesh!

rdrr gnr

It's random. Players that do badly do not have more chance at rarer gear. You're just focusing on the times it happens because it's human nature to remember the bad over the good.

The random nature of rewards is required. otherwise bad players would have no incentive to play and the best would just get stronger.

Maybe they're could give the best players some cosmetic stuff like emblems or class items to show off, but not actual game changing gear.
But this isn't true. The game could easily incorporate merit in the loot system, by simply adding it rather than replacing the system that is there. Especially in PvP, it would be easy.

GraveRobberX

I'm not stating there are certain markers/triggers to get stuff, if that was possible, everyone would love to die on purpose and hit that average where the roll of RNG is in their favor

I'm talking about player who don't participate and help capture objective (flags)
You join a 6 vs 6 game, yet your at a huge disadvantage, cause 2-3 players are not interested in the win or competition portion, they want the end screen and what rewards they will be given

It's really annoying to see a full room, yet 9 players are playing, they have a 3 man advantage, even though you have 6 on your side
You see all 3 flags get capped, now your spawning is all over the place, try to capture a flag solo when 4 roll up on you, most with shottys
Then in the background you see dude miss 3 shots with his sniper and eat a death, didn't even have the nerve to come cap flag to help

That is what infuriating

Zakalwe

Banned
Maybe you should? It is absolutely bullshit when I come out on top of my team and the dude with the 0.06 K/D ratio scores an exotic for basically spinning around in circles the whole match. You're right that they can't just always reward the best players, but maybe they should weight the rewards in their favor just a little.

No, you shouldn't.

If you even weight it toward the best you increase the power gap. Not a good idea.

Give better players cosmetic stuff to show off = fine.

Give better players ore chance at more powerful items = make sit worse for less skilled players.

I'm not stating there are certain markers/triggers to get stuff, if that was possible, everyone would love to die on purpose and hit that average where the roll of RNG is in their favor

I'm talking about player who don't participate and help capture objective (flags)
You join a 6 vs 6 game, yet your at a huge disadvantage, cause 2-3 players are not interested in the win or competition portion, they want the end screen and what rewards they will be given

It's really annoying to see a full room, yet 9 players are playing, they have a 3 man advantage, even though you have 6 on your side
You see all 3 flags get capped, now your spawning is all over the place, try to capture a flag solo when 4 roll up on you, most with shottys
Then in the background you see dude miss 3 shots with his sniper and eat a death, didn't even have the nerve to come cap flag to help

That is what infuriating

It's absolutely fine that it rewards people who are bad.

It's not fine if people exploit and go afk, and bungie needs to do something about that.

JayHayabusa

Who
PS4: jayforone
What
Looking to do Raid on Heroic(Level 30).
When
Tonight Thursday October 9th at around 10pm CET (GMT+2; EST+6; PST+9)

I am a Level 29 Sunsinger Warlock, with good weapons.
Vibe is relaxed and everybody 28 and over is welcome (27 is a bit low imo for this. Sorry :))

Who's up for this?

Note: If you are looking to add me on PSN. Please put GAF or Heroic Raid in your message.

Raide

Iron Banner should be like Diablo Hardcore mode. People have to start a fresh character and the gearing/loot it split. I have no idea how they thought IB would actually work unless they restricted i to level groups.

Daemul

Fuck the RNG in the raid, 3 weeks of playing the Raid on normal and hard mode have yielded me only two armour pieces, the rest has been fricken shards, energy, the same shader multiple times, duplicate weapons, sparrow and ship. What makes it hilarious is that many people have raided as much as me, and gotten no Raid gear at all, which just goes to show how broken the whole thing is.

I think next week, if I can be bothered to log on, I'm going to play the RNG at it's own game and just run the Raid on hard mode from the start, so that I get double loot drops and the likelihood of getting my final gear piece will increase significantly. That will show RNGesus.

Deku Tree

Are legendary engram drops individual in the Tiger Strikes? I saw the written message that my random team-mate picked up a legendary engram... and the dude was near me... and I ran around the whole map looking for the legendary engram and I couldn't find it anywhere...

Shito

Yes, I think that's where the "loot problem" comes from, because clearly Bungie intended its game to be played that way, but somehow a lot of people seem to take it as another Diablo / Borderland and look down on those vendors. Heck, look at the number of people complaining about Xur's existence!
Bungie's mistake also probably comes from the fact that those vendors hardly sell a lot of things, and the vast majority of them are pvp related. They really should increase their inventory, and give them a rotation of some sort, that way people would start considering them as the "normal" option to gear themselves, and ease down on the random loots, seeing them as a nice bonus along the way.
Once again, it all comes down to a lack of content. ^^

Marvel

could never
Are legendary engram drops individual in the Tiger Strikes? I saw the written message that my random team-mate picked up a legendary engram... and the dude was near me... and I ran around the whole map looking for the legendary engram and I couldn't find it anywhere...
Yes, was just for him.

Zakalwe

Banned
This would be true if the weapon/armor stats mattered very much but even in Iron Banner they make only a slight difference.

It only makes a slight difference to what we're used to, but good guns like Regime definitely have a significant advantage over a lot of gear.

ElRenoRaven

So if anyone needs someone for the raid, weekly, or nightfall tonight after 4PM PDT feel free to send me an invite. PSN is PsychoRaven I'll be available all weekend.

rdrr gnr

No, you shouldn't.

If you even weight it toward the best you increase the power gap. Not a good idea.

Give better players cosmetic stuff to show off = fine.

Give better players ore chance at more powerful items = make sit worse for less skilled players.
Again, no. Isn't that was normalized armor/weapon damage is for? Are people really dying for crucible gear to take in PvE, when you can only attain the best gear through a somewhat difficult portion of PvE content? It doesn't make any sense for there not to be some inclusion of merit. The power gap is imaginary in PvP. You can't equalize "skill" without punishing good players.

hydruxo

I just want to get to IB rank 2 for the hunter cloak then I'm done with that shit. No point to keep going in IB for me.

Zakalwe

Banned
Again, no. Isn't that was normalized armor/weapon damage is for? Are people really dying for crucible gear to take in PvE, when you can only attain the best gear through a somewhat difficult portion of PvE content? It doesn't make any sense for there not to be some inclusion of merit. The power gap is imaginary in PvP. You can't equalize "skill" without punishing good players.

Weapons like the Regime, Invective, TLW give advantage over a lot of rare and legendary fare. Not even arguable.

GraveRobberX

Fuck the RNG in the raid, 3 weeks of playing the Raid on normal and hard mode have yielded me only two armour pieces, the rest has been fricken shards, energy, the same shader multiple times, duplicate weapons, sparrow and ship. What makes it hilarious is that many people have raided as much as me, and gotten no Raid gear at all, which just goes to show how broken the whole thing is.

I think next week, if I can be bothered to log on, I'm going to play the RNG at it's own game and just run the Raid on hard mode from the start, so that I get double loot drops and the likelihood of getting my final gear piece will increase significantly. That will show RNGesus.

I like how the Raid can give you the same shit you already have but somehow Iron Banner Sigil is locked to 1
Buy that wolf banner emblem, equip it, try to buy another, you will get locked out from doing so, it will say you already own it
I had to swap and send 1 at a time through the vault to my alts the sigil and shader, yet this simple thing could not be added for players doing raid

I mean if you got the Legendary Ship, Chatterwhite shader, Legendary Vehicle and have them equipped or in your armory, the Raid RNG should check against that, and if they are there, they shouldn't be given again
I wouldn't be mad at duplicates of gear or weapons, but after getting 3 (1 for you, other 2 for your alts), what the hell are you suppose to do with the 4th one
Dismantling them doesn't even next you anything, yet it eats away a slot of loot in end game content

Atkison04

Got my alt warlock to 25 last night. Still rocking green boots though :/ I've been neglecting my faction too so it will take a long while to be able to purchase some. It is rather time consuming to try to keep two characters happy man. My poor hunter will most likely become my secondary once I finally unlock self rez on my warlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom